MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to piece together the ‘I hit him’, the broken tail light, the alleged shards of the tail light found in JO body.

The defense will show a video of Karen hitting John's car in their driveway about 5 am, explaining what caused the initial cracking to the taillight.

They say they'll put on evidence that will show State Trooper Michael Proctor planted taillight evidence. You've probably noticed his name coming up again and again. He's currently under internal investigation with the State, and it's very possible if not probable that the FBI is investigating him. Long time pal of the Alberts who was conflicted and never should have taken the case.

You'll hear testimony about Proctor's very strange behavior with Karen's car. Which should have been towed from from her parent's house in Dighton to the State Police barracks in Middleboro but was instead brought back to the much further away Canton police department even though they no longer had any jurisdiction in the case. In a blizzard.

You'll hear about how Michael Proctor handled John's clothing, resulting in serious chain-of-custody concerns.

So rather than try to piece together anything based on the prosecution's case alone, you may want to hear what the defense has to say. Soon come.

how would you explain KR crying that 'she must have hit him' when first responders arrived?

Easily. She found the body of her boyfriend on the lawn near a location where she last left him. I doubt she thought, "Those evil Alberts and McCabes must have killed him and dumped him on the lawn! Bastardos!"

I would have immediately thought, in my panicked state, My god, did I hit him and not realize it? Why is he here? Did I hit him?

It really is proof of nothing.

Easily. She found the body of her boyfriend on the lawn near a location where she last left him. I doubt she thought, "Those evil Alberts and McCabes must have killed him and dumped him on the lawn! Bastardos!"

I would have immediately thought, in my panicked state, My god, did I hit him and not realize it? Why is he here? Did I hit him?

It really is proof of nothing.

cant say I would think the same. Heart attack, drug odd,

John was still a young man in great shape and didn't use drugs. He was only 10 - 12 feet off the roadway, so I'd immediately think a vehicle hit him. (And if his body had indeed been placed there, it was a good place. Dark side of the house, away from the driveway, close enough to the roadway to make it appear something like a plow hit him, but far enough onto the lawn so he wasn't too easily visible to any traffic.)

It's not a confession. And the words "I hit him!" do not appear in any of the written statements given by witnesses or any police reports.

I don't believe a word that comes out of Jen McCabe's mouth by the way. Tomorrow is going to be very interesting.

The defense will show a video of Karen hitting John's car in their driveway about 5 am, explaining what caused the initial cracking to the taillight.

They say they'll put on evidence that will show State Trooper Michael Proctor planted taillight evidence. You've probably noticed his name coming up again and again. He's currently under internal investigation with the State, and it's very possible if not probable that the FBI is investigating him. Long time pal of the Alberts who was conflicted and never should have taken the case.

You'll hear testimony about Proctor's very strange behavior with Karen's car. Which should have been towed from from her parent's house in Dighton to the State Police barracks in Middleboro but was instead brought back to the much further away Canton police department even though they no longer had any jurisdiction in the case. In a blizzard.

You'll hear about how Michael Proctor handled John's clothing, resulting in serious chain-of-custody concerns.

So rather than try to piece together anything based on the prosecution's case alone, you may want to hear what the defense has to say. Soon come.
great summary

I am trying to piece together the ‘I hit him’, the broken tail light, the alleged shards of the tail light found in JO body.
the only person who said she stated "i hit him" perjured herself in testimony and i dont believe a word coming out of their mouth. a recent interview with karen - she says "DID i hit him??" because she genuinely was scared she had hurt someone she loves deeply. the broken tail light is from her backing into john's vehicle on her way to Fairview. the shards of tail light were not found in Johns body, they were found "next to" where the body was by the sheriff at the time (who quickly resigned once this became a scandal) who "just so happened" to be driving by 34 fairview in the dark and saw a sparkle of glass (i do not buy that story).

PS. @EVERYONE - if there's an open space in a john okeefe/karen read convo i'd love to be added <3

Last edited:
Why DIDN’T Jennifer McCabe run to BA’s house and wake them up immediately? Why did she wait until LE told her to go get them? That’s so weird.
WHY didn't she CALL her own sister and brother in law (who sleep with their phone) right after KR's first call before driving all over town in a blizzard while suggesting multiple exes John might be sleeping with?!? She seemed to be stalling in order to allow other parties to do what they needed to do and make sure JO was in place and more.

Last night by my house a pedestrian got hit by a F150 while crossing the street. Not sure how fast the truck was going but the speed limit is 40mph. Slight damage to one of the headlights and body and the pedestrian was killed. So many factors in play. How fast was KR going? Where did she hit JO? How did he land...did he bang his head on the ground? The curb? Was there a curb?
Did she even hit him at all?

the only person who said she stated "i hit him" perjured herself in testimony and i dont believe a word coming out of their mouth. a recent interview with karen - she says "DID i hit him??" because she genuinely was scared she had hurt someone she loves deeply. the broken tail light is from her backing into john's vehicle on her way to Fairview. the shards of tail light were not found in Johns body, they were found "next to" where the body was by the sheriff at the time (who quickly resigned once this became a scandal) who "just so happened" to be driving by 34 fairview in the dark and saw a sparkle of glass (i do not buy that story).

PS. @EVERYONE - if there's an open space in a john okeefe/karen read convo i'd love to be added <3
Me, too!

Good Morning ! It's Day 15 of this trial !
Jen McCabe is to re-take the stand, to face A Jackson.
Are you Ready to Rumble?
Or will it be a snooze fest with selective cross examnesia?

Buckle up! Keep your hands inside the ride, please.

Also IMO, Lally and the CW feel that they successfully put to bed the 'Chloe was involved' theory by their out of order Veterinary DNA Expert. But that testimony fell completely flat, when it was stated that the swabs sent to the lab were collected from an unknown area of JOK's shirt, and NOT from the wounds themselves. Also, the defense ' suggested' without saying a word, that the swabs and collection might have been tainted somehow. ( Imagine that ?? )
Think Solo Cups and Stop&Shop bags....
lol I can’t stop hearing the vet in my head, she used the word “woofs” instead of wolves and I almost fell out of my chair laughing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX