MA - Remains of 4 infants discovered in apartment, Boston - 17 November 2022

ifindedout

Reaction score

"A Suffolk County District Attorney spokesman told local news outlets that the remains were discovered inside a freezer. The district attorney's office did not immediately return NPR's request for confirmation."

From the Boston Police Department:

I remember a case in 2014 where remains of multiple (I think 7) infants were found in a garage here in Utah. They say she killed them because she was on drugs and couldn’t care for them. So very sad!

Here is an article that talks about that case.

I am interested to see what happened in this Boston case!

I remember a case in 2014 where remains of multiple (I think 7) infants were found in a garage here in Utah. They say she killed them because she was on drugs and couldn’t care for them. So very sad!
Megan Huntsman. Horrific case. She will have to serve at least 30 years before being eligible for parole. Hope she's imprisoned for the rest of her life.

Utah mom admits killing 6 babies after giving birth | CNN

IMHO everything about this case is beyond disturbing and creepy. I can't even come up with a reason for putting dead babies in the freezer much less why they were put there. So sad.

I think about this one frequently and this is the most update I can find. It's been months. But they did say it would be hard to determine much.

"

Who are they?​

Investigators will also try to identify the remains, but it’s possible no one attests to being a parent or relative.

If this happens, investigators could genetically test the remains, but they’d be using law enforcement databases that only include people who have been arrested.

The worst-case scenario would be a certificate that lists an unknown manner and cause of death and the name as an “unknown baby girl” or “unknown baby boy.”"

I would like to see them put their DNA in the doe project with familial DNA. What if these babies were created during Human trafficking? Their Mothers could be listed as missing women/children.

"

Who are they?​

Investigators will also try to identify the remains, but it’s possible no one attests to being a parent or relative.

If this happens, investigators could genetically test the remains, but they’d be using law enforcement databases that only include people who have been arrested.

The worst-case scenario would be a certificate that lists an unknown manner and cause of death and the name as an “unknown baby girl” or “unknown baby boy.”"

I would like to see them put their DNA in the doe project with familial DNA. What if these babies were created during Human trafficking? Their Mothers could be listed as missing women/children.
DNA Doe Project doesn't work with child remains where the killer is more than likely family, as far as I know. It's their policy.

Other orgs do work with LE to identify Baby and Child Does and/or their parents.

DNA Doe Project doesn't work with child remains where the killer is more than likely family, as far as I know. It's their policy.

Other orgs do work with LE to identify Baby and Child Does and/or their parents.
"
Q: Do you take on cases where the Doe is believed to be under 18?

A:
We do, and we have! We only turn down “baby Doe” cases where the mother is clearly a person of interest, since she would not have reported her baby or young child missing, although there are other organizations that do take on these cases. So it’s not the age, it’s the likely circumstances – e.g. if the mother was also found dead, we would certainly take them both on."

Yes seems to be the case, but I wonder where these types of situations fit in. Does not seem like a situation a pregnant woman would have been able to do on her own.

Yes seems to be the case, but I wonder where these types of situations fit in. Does not seem like a situation a pregnant woman would have been able to do on her own.
RSBM

Why not? I'm curious as to your thinking. There have been numerous cases of women, often (but not always) single, who have murdered a number of their infants shortly after birth without assistance. Often the babes are concealed in wall or floor cavities, buried in backyards, or, as in this case, stored in freezers or refrigerators.

In cases of infants abandoned to the elements, sometimes found by people in time to save them (as in the recent case of Angel Grace LNU) and sometimes not, it's almost invariably a woman (often a teenager) who's given birth without medical assistance, then dumped the child in the woods or a trash can or at the side of a road out of fear or repulsion.

What do you think this woman couldn't have done on her own?

RSBM

Why not? I'm curious as to your thinking. There have been numerous cases of women, often (but not always) single, who have murdered a number of their infants shortly after birth without assistance. Often the babes are concealed in wall or floor cavities, buried in backyards, or, as in this case, stored in freezers or refrigerators.

In cases of infants abandoned to the elements, sometimes found by people in time to save them (as in the recent case of Angel Grace LNU) and sometimes not, it's almost invariably a woman (often a teenager) who's given birth without medical assistance, then dumped the child in the woods or a trash can or at the side of a road out of fear or repulsion.

What do you think this woman couldn't have done on her own?
The last media I posted said some of the remains were not infants but fetuses. So unless they were born premature, someone had to have helped along with the abortion process. Unless there is a way to abort a baby with no help? I wouldn't know how that would work.

The last media I posted said some of the remains were not infants but fetuses. So unless they were born premature, someone had to have helped along with the abortion process. Unless there is a way to abort a baby with no help? I wouldn't know how that would work.
People have been performing selfabortion for as long as humans have existed. There are a large number of ways people try, some ways are more effective than others, and all have a very high risk of death or infection for the pregnant person compared to medical abortion, which is performed by medical professionals in sterile conditions and as a result comes with a relatively low risk of injury. Desperate people do desperate things.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missletoes
Back