Missing Georgia hiker--Meredith Emerson, 24 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://tinyurl.com/39a76x

Gazette, The (Colorado Springs), Dec 16, 1999

Last week, hospital psychiatric technician Heather Coy, 26, was charged with aiding in the escape of patient Gary Hilton, who was arrested at her home Nov. 30.

I wonder how long he was on the run for?!!!
I don't think this is the same guy... in the attached article his age is listed as 33 in 1999.

http://www.chieftain.com/print.php?article=/metro/945068400/2/sea

Therapists walk thin line when treating mentally ill

> Hilton, 33, faces a single count of felony escape. He was committed to the hospital in 1989 after being found not guilty by reason of insanity due to impaired mental condition on charges of second-degree kidnapping, aggravated robbery and theft.

I'm afaid that's the best I could do with that particular ATM pic. I found another one with a closeup somewhere but I lost it. I have no clue what post linked it..... brain is tired and I have to get up for work in 4 hours. If anyone has that other "saran wrap or shaving cream pic" please send me an IM with the link and i'll try to do a side-by-side when I wake up. Thanks. *but I don't doubt for one second that it's the same man".

Shoot I sent them to suz...Can you pm me your email addy and I will forward them on?

I don't think this is the same guy... in the attached article his age is listed as 33 in 1999.

http://www.chieftain.com/print.php?article=/metro/945068400/2/sea

Therapists walk thin line when treating mentally ill

> Hilton, 33, faces a single count of felony escape. He was committed to the hospital in 1989 after being found not guilty by reason of insanity due to impaired mental condition on charges of second-degree kidnapping, aggravated robbery and theft.

Oddly, they both have the same first, middle and last names...
Did Meredith's perp, Gary Hilton, father any kids while in his late teens??? The pic of the (Pueblo, CO) Hilton doesn't really resemble the (Georgia) Hilton, albeit it is a dated pic from 1999.

http://www.chieftain.com/search/ind...ary+hilton&strSearchSiteKey=1999&sort=default
3.CRIME BEAT

a recreational activity. Gary Michael Hilton, a 33-year-old forensic patient at the Colorado Mental Health Institute in Pueblo, was last seen around 10:30 a.m. Hilton was committed to the state hospital on Sept. 6, 1989, after being found not guilty of second-degree kidnapping, aggravated robbery and theft charges on grounds of impaired mental condition. The case was tried in Arapahoe County. Hilton is a white male, 5 feet 7 inches tall. He weighs 200 pounds and has a muscular build. He has blue...More
Published on Aug 04, 1999

Indigo, we know so far that Hilton was married during the 70's. Maybe he does have a son.

So now we know that he kept her alive until the 4th and used her body location as a pawn to avoid the death penalty.

Unfair that he gets to pick and chose how his life goes down... yet he never afforded Meredith that right. :(

Is Gary Michael Hilton a serial killer?

That’s the question authorities are now looking into, as they search for possible links between the 61 year-old drifter/handyman in four deaths spanning Georgia, North Carolina, and Florida.

Perhaps as soon as Wednesday, detectives from Leon County, Florida will be arriving in Georgia to meet with GBI agents to go over notes in a similar murder there. Agents from North Carolina have already visited with the GBI. (more at link)

http://www.wxia.com/news/article_news.aspx?storyid=109248

Notice the composite sketch from the Frady case is on that page. Sleuther's here and at Huff's caught that first!

(snip)
Right now, investigators do not believe Cayle's disappearance has any connection to the death of hiker Meredith Emerson, who was found in Dawson County after an extensive search.

Cayle was last seen walking her dog in the park on December 29th. Her dog was later found at her home, where investigators also found an open door, her car, keys, and cell phone

http://www.wxia.com/news/article_news.aspx?storyid=109231

ETA: So which one is it? That LE doesn't believe or that there is absolutely no link as they told Bywaters family?

Suz~ Where is the link to the photo of the Bryant ATM user?! I must have missed it.

I would think so if he really was a vet.
His disability would have possibly been classed as being 'brought on' or aggravated by his service.

MS can been triggered and symptoms made worse by extreme temperatures and stress.

Which would fit with the murders we are trying to link to him being all done in the cool weather months.

Here are quite a few side-by-sides, Suzy. I tried lightening the ATM pic I found as much as I could, but the beanie blends into the dark background so well that the outline is barely visible. I do think it's the same beanie but I'll leave it up to all of you to make up your own minds. I know they're not very good, but the resolution of the ATM pics and the dash video pics is very bad :(

Mohabi24

Mohabi24

Mohabi24

Mohabi24
[/QUO
If I am looking at this right, it appears that in both videos the beanie is worn loosly with extra fabric at the top, not with the fabric tight against the head. It doesn't point to guilt, but it is interesting.

Whenever Tara returned home, she would be greeted by the excited yelping and barking of her young German Shepard
From Crime Library...
So Tara had a dog..
http://www.crimelibrary.com/criminal_mind/forensics/tara_grinstead/1.html

...and we have a pretty distinct pattern here. Anyone else see it?
So far we have four murders/disappearances of females all around the same ages. Dogs were present during the crime and were left unharmed.

Emerson
Bywater
Grinstead
Williams/Winans

From some of the anecdotal information on a variety of these message boards, it seems like Hilton is preoccupied with 'well-behaved' dogs, going so far as to complement people whose dogs are obedient. One poster stated that Hilton began screaming and foaming at the mouth (literally) when her dog ran up to Hilton and his dog.

Just a thought--are his homicidal tendancies linked to dogs that are not well-behaved? Remember--Meredith was last seen chasing her unleashed dog (no leash--I would think that would really be a no-no to Hilton) over a hill. Perhaps Ella was chasing Dandy and that pissed Hilton off? He seems to frequent dog parks, according to some posters on other boards who have encountered him. Is he targeting women with uncontrollable dogs?

(Pic deleted for space)

Susan and Dave Emerson walk with Ella, their missing daughter's dog, at Vogel State Park.

Breaks my heart. I'm glad that the Emersons wanted to keep Ella, though. Apparently, many people have come forward with offers to adopt her, but the Emersons want to bring her home. So sad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bk97821