MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reporter: They searched his property too, but not until 5 days later...

DR: "They didn't come in the house that night... it could have been over with."

That made me a bit sick to my stomach and immediately made me think "Jessica Lunsford."

It could mean that they could have cleared him that night... but that is just not where my mind went when I heard him say that.

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpp/...ng-neighbor-in-2004-fox-9-report-june-30-2010

I hope that this finds something for the family. It always gives me hope when a cold case gets revived... or never truly goes cold.

That made me a bit sick to my stomach and immediately made me think "Jessica Lunsford."

It could mean that they could have cleared him that night... but that is just not where my mind went when I heard him say that.

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpp/...ng-neighbor-in-2004-fox-9-report-june-30-2010

I hope that this finds something for the family. It always gives me hope when a cold case gets revived... or never truly goes cold.

That was a very interesting statement. They didn't come in the house that night...it could have been over with. Just interesting is all.

The geography of the area where Jacob went missing has changed dramatically since 1989. At the time of the abduction, 16th Ave SE. the actual road the farm and the Wetterlings live off of, was pretty isolated. All kinds of housing has since spread out into that area.
If you google St Joseph,Mn and look for the 16th ave SE rd, you can see that the farm sits off to the right of that road, about midway from town and the end of the road, which is where the Wetterlings live. My suspicion is that the predator had been following the movements of Jacob for some time. Perhaps going to his hockey games etc.observing patterns. But he would know, if paying attention, that the parents were not home that night. Riding their bikes to the Tom Thumb, at the edge of town would have been down a very dark, long road, but one they were very familiar with, ( as was the predator obviously). In Minnesota, it is dark by 6PM in November. If he waited for them to come back from the store, by the edge of the road, he would not have been seen, until they got pretty close. If you look at the aerial satellite map, you can see the huge grove of trees between the road & the house. He had the boys get off of their bkies, and lay down in the ditch there. He took off with Jacob into these trees!

Is there a Press Conference today??

.......I hope........

The geography of the area where Jacob went missing has changed dramatically since 1989. At the time of the abduction, 16th Ave SE. the actual road the farm and the Wetterlings live off of, was pretty isolated. All kinds of housing has since spread out into that area.
If you google St Joseph,Mn and look for the 16th ave SE rd, you can see that the farm sits off to the right of that road, about midway from town and the end of the road, which is where the Wetterlings live. My suspicion is that the predator had been following the movements of Jacob for some time. Perhaps going to his hockey games etc.observing patterns. But he would know, if paying attention, that the parents were not home that night. Riding their bikes to the Tom Thumb, at the edge of town would have been down a very dark, long road, but one they were very familiar with, ( as was the predator obviously). In Minnesota, it is dark by 6PM in November. If he waited for them to come back from the store, by the edge of the road, he would not have been seen, until they got pretty close. If you look at the aerial satellite map, you can see the huge grove of trees between the road & the house. He had the boys get off of their bkies, and lay down in the ditch there. He took off with Jacob into these trees!

What do you suposse the reasoning for asking all of their ages was? Such an odd, odd case...
I hope this new search turns up SOMETHING. ANYTHING.

I didn't realize that DR was the one that told them about the car. He sees people searching in his yard and he goes back to sleep. He didn't want to waste time, along with his comment about them not coming in the house that night is odd.

The man who abducted Jacob was believed to have abducted another boy months before (in nearby Cold Spring, MN) and sexually assaulted him in his car before letting him go, so I imagine (without getting too graphic) that DNA evidence was taken from the boy afterward at the hospital and kept stored away by LE.

Here's an article from 2004 regarding the Cold Spring boy:

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=63324

press release is out...

Number of items seized during two-day search, could take weeks for processing. Also confirmed that the search is connected to Jacob's disappearance.

Back with more...

What do you suposse the reasoning for asking all of their ages was? Such an odd, odd case...
I hope this new search turns up SOMETHING. ANYTHING.

Dejasade, My suspicion is that the person who took the Cold Spring boy, was the one involved with Jacob. I really think he may have been targeting Jacob, and may not have known which brother was the oldest when he asked their ages. I really hope LE has more information than we do to connect the dots. I have never heard that they knew who the man in Cold Spring was, but again, there is only about a 12 mile difference in these locations. I think the predator just got bolder after the first incident. Pure speculation on my part. I live in the Cities, but was involved with the search at the time. I think Law enforcement knows a lot more now about abductions and there are more resources available 20 years later. That said, the sickos are really out there, and I think education of these dangers is so important now. I hate to say it, but I think it should be addressed and discussed in schools surrounding SAFETY . MOO

Today's local news say several items were seized and will be tested, but it doesn't say what. I'm thinking maybe the red SCSU hockey jacket Jacob was wearing, or clothes and shoes. If that's the case tho, you have to wonder how they knew what exact spot on a 158 acre farm to dig in - unless it was just from the cadaver dogs. (And JMO)... Seems to me the investigation on this case was seriously botched in the beginning if the house was never searched and cadaver dogs were never used. And it makes DR a more likely subject, if the stuff is buried on his land.

From FOX:
http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpp/news/minnesota/jacob-wetterling-search-items-seized-july-2-2010

From KSTP: Short article by profiler Pat Brown suggesting perhaps the mask the abductor was wearing has been found - which might mean DNA.
http://kstp.com/article/stories/S1635547.shtml?cat=12062

Article from the Sty. Cloud Times shows court orders (and 30 comments):
http://www.sctimes.com/article/2010...ling-search--answers-could-take-weeks--months

I'm wondering if they just got soil and earth and were testing it for partial bone fragments.
I'm just wondering about "items" seized. I'd think that if it were his jacket - that probably would have been released by now? It also would be a HUGE, HUGE break in the case....and i'm sure they'd be there a LOT long if that would have been found...
JMO, obviously.
I hope and pray they find something......it would be a miracle.

I can't get a link to work for the direct video, but was just watching one at wcco.com which states it was actually ash from the home's wood-burning furnace that they were loading into dumptrucks. There must be a disposal site down the field road where they were digging.

I can't get a link to work for the direct video, but was just watching one at wcco.com which states it was actually ash from the home's wood-burning furnace that they were loading into dumptrucks. There must be a disposal site down the field road where they were digging.

This means they must be checking for bone fragments.

I'm just trying to think this through. Who in the world would kidnap a kid at the end of their own driveway and then allow two witnesses to leave the scene? As if pantyhose over their head will shield them from being identified?

I still say if it turns out someone in that house committed this crime, the authorities have some serious explaining to do. 21 years to figure this out? It should have been more like 21 minutes.

And the guy who was driving the car that was seen that night did this investigation no favors by not coming forward for like 15 years. Shame on him.

IIRC, there was no school the next day. I always felt it was someone who knew that.

Sound carries a long ways in the country. Perhaps someone heard the boys on their way out and waited for them to return.

Or perhaps someone was out window peeping, as it seems some of these people like to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodfish