NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, reported Missing Dec 2022 three Weeks After Last Seen, Cornelius, *Parents Arrested* #3

Derek Dellinger
@DerekDlngr
·
44m

Madalina’s mother Diana Cojocari just walked out of jail. In response to a question about whether her daughter was safe, she said, ‘I hope so’.She left with a smile on her face, but said nothing else.

Derek Dellinger
@DerekDlngr

Anchor/reporter for
@Queen_City_News

We've all followed loads of missing child cases here.
That's not the usual reaction of a grieving, distraught parent of a missing child.

Derek Dellinger
@DerekDlngr
·
29s

Back at the Mecklenburg County courthouse, where the stepfather of #MadalinaCojocari is set to have a trial start today for charges of failure to file a report on a missing child (Diana Cojocari pled guilty yesterday).He is in court, however another trial is currently underway.

The trial currently underway is unrelated to the Madalina case.We were given a rough time of around 2pm as a start for Palmiter's trial, but justice--as they say--is deliberate.Once this trial ends, Palmiter's proceedings will start.

I apologize for all the posts in a row here. I can't remember how to multi-quote (duh!) Anyway, all is MOO, of course.
Hit the +Quote blue text at the bottom right of the post you want to quote, and it will say "Message added to multi-quote." at top. Lather, rinse, repeat for any other posts in that thread you want to quote in your new post, then post your message when ready.
The multi-quote function can be toggled on and off at will, so if you selected a post for multi-quote by mistake, hit what now says -Quote in that post, and it will be removed from the multi-quote.

Derek Dellinger
@DerekDlngr
26m
However...and not to correct myself here, while the jury deliberates in the other trial, they've done a little "musical chairs" to take care of some of the pre-trial matters in with the Christopher Palmiter case.

@DerekDlngr
24m
Judge considers the case "very high profile" and note that it could affect jury selection, which very likely won't happen today.

Derek Dellinger
@DerekDlngr
38m
One of the pre-trial motions is about cameras in the courtroom during the remainder of the proceedings.Palmiter's attorney said doing so, according to his client, puts him in danger.The judge noted the law is more related to closing the courtroom, than to cameras.
·
36m
Judge noted that a single camera in the courtroom is acceptable under these circumstances, but noted that media should be aware of necessity of making sure jurors are kept anonymous.(Just a note that all the TV stations in Charlotte are pooling with a single camera)
YAY!!! - Added by me

Last edited:
@DerekDlngr
24m
Other pre-trial motions involve what will be brought forth in opening statements on the case.
@DerekDlngr
13m
Now, they're talking about the motion to continue, which was filed yesterday.

@DerekDlngr
12m
Defense noted that there's around 10 hours of video, hundreds of pages of seized documents from Palmiter's jail cell, and there's an "interesting series of witness issues"--quoting Palmiter's lawyer.

@DerekDlngr

8m
The continuance motion included details of conversations between Diana Cojocari and family members about efforts for both her and Madalina to leave Palmiter.Defense noted they got a hold of some of those conversations just last

@DerekDlngr

11m
Defense is making the case for the continuance so they can sift through what all is there in the information they got last week.Lawyer brought up conversations that Diana Cojocari had with a mom and cousin. The information could be cross-referenced with times and locations.

Does anyone think this is still a case of Failure to Report.........?
I'm not sure what to think now.
While his bond was lowered, and hers was not, she's plead guilty for failing to report and is now free while he's still pleading not guilty and facing a jury trial.

Would they have lowered his bond if they had "more" on him than they have on her? Perplexing, I think.

Hunter Sáenz
@Hunt_Saenz
7m

@Hunt_Saenz
The Jail just told me if ICE files the paperwork before her release papers are filed, then they will hold her until she’s given over to their custody. If they don’t get those papers before, she will be released as they will have no power to hold her.
@wsoctv

One thing of note, if DC is out, that means that ICE has not yet filed papers to deport. I wonder why, other than just bureaucracy.

IIRC, he was mentioned briefly when MC was first known as missing. Also, IIRC, he lived in a different country than DC's previous home but was in a similar area of Europe.
There were speculations about him that took on a life of their own, but had no basis in anything that was reported. The only fact I can remember about him is that he was someone who was in DC's life very briefly after her first marriage ended. I don't believe he is in the picture. Now that you mention it, I think you're right that it was reported that he is not in Moldova...I think it was said he is in Romania. I'll see if I can dig up anything official.

ETA: Just after a quick look, this article dated April 11, 2023, quotes the Cornelius Police Chief as saying that the birth father is in Moldova:

Madalina’s birth father is in Moldova and is not part of the investigation, Chief David Baucom said last month.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX