NY NY - Tribeca, BlkFem 25-35, UP1885, Under Concrete in nightclub basement, heart earrings, Mar'08

Right down the street, permit's for 2000, wasn't Tribeca JD discovered 2008? It's interesting, but NYC is one of the most densely populated areas on earth, so I mean, agreed, doesn't mean "it's him." Might well be someone else, but there's the potentially weird connection to the Harmony sex club, too. Harmony sex club was right near this building. And the other Jane Doe, Manhattan Jane Doe 2003 was also in concrete, and was found in a building located near this same sex club, but it then went by a different name (Melody) before it eventually ended up in the location near Tribeca JD. It could well be someone else that did it, for sure, but It's interesting, though.

I haven’t seen this detail mentioned here: They did mitochondrial DNA and she is from Brazilian descent…looks like Sao Paulo
Finding this really interesting because there's a victim formerly known as Mt Vernon Jane Doe/"Junkyard Jane Doe." I don't know for certain if this victim was a sex worker, but at least some sources speculated at various points that this might have been a possibility (definitely not the only one). They found her in an industrial area in 1988. She was strangled, bruises on face, seeing blunt force trauma. She was found with ligature marks. They believe she was murdered elsewhere and body transported to the location.

Estimated Age: 18-25 years old
Race: White, with possible Hispanic/South American ancestry
Height: 5'3", Weight: 105 lbs.

She was murdered on Valentine's Day (reminded me of Karen Vergata). She was posed (reminded me of Atlantic City). Mount Vernon is located approximately 10 miles north of Manhattan. Mt Vernon Jane Doe was later identified as Veronica Wiederhold, her name does not sound South American necessarily, but there was a lot, lot of speculation on sources I viewed (when she was still a Jane Doe) that she was South American as well, and I just looked again, and I'm seeing specifically Brazil. Veronica Wiederhold resided in Queens. She was found in what I'm seeing classified as an "inner suburb" of NYC just north of the Bronx. Wonder if there might be some connection there. But wondering on this, I cannot locate any source noting the 2008 Jane Doe has been tied in with South American lineage. Does anyone have that? I can't find it anywhere.

Last edited:
I cannot locate any source noting the 2008 Jane Doe has been tied in with South American lineage. Does anyone have that? I can't find it anywhere.
We’re still waiting for @Brunette00 to cite their sources (as according to WS ToS), but until then, I wouldn’t put to much weight on the Brazilian thing.

Finding this really interesting because there's a victim formerly known as Mt Vernon Jane Doe/"Junkyard Jane Doe." I don't know for certain if this victim was a sex worker, but at least some sources speculated at various points that this might have been a possibility (definitely not the only one). They found her in an industrial area in 1988. She was strangled, bruises on face, seeing blunt force trauma. She was found with ligature marks. They believe she was murdered elsewhere and body transported to the location.

Estimated Age: 18-25 years old
Race: White, with possible Hispanic/South American ancestry
Height: 5'3", Weight: 105 lbs.

She was murdered on Valentine's Day (reminded me of Karen Vergata). She was posed (reminded me of Atlantic City). Mount Vernon is located approximately 10 miles north of Manhattan. Mt Vernon Jane Doe was later identified as Veronica Wiederhold, her name does not sound South American necessarily, but there was a lot, lot of speculation on sources I viewed (when she was still a Jane Doe) that she was South American as well, and I just looked again, and I'm seeing specifically Brazil. Veronica Wiederhold resided in Queens. She was found in what I'm seeing classified as an "inner suburb" of NYC just north of the Bronx. Wonder if there might be some connection there. But wondering on this, I cannot locate any source noting the 2008 Jane Doe has been tied in with South American lineage. Does anyone have that? I can't find it anywhere.
Junkyard jane doe. Talk about grim. I don’t think that’s even respectfull.

Junkyard jane doe. Talk about grim. I don’t think that’s even respectfull.
Agreed, I did a double-take at it as well. I guess because she was found in an actual junkyard. I'm pretty sure the killer posed her on top of mattress springs, but I'd have to go back into the notes and check. Just checked and seeing used garage door springs.

Last edited:
Agreed, I did a double-take at it as well. I guess because she was found in an actual junkyard. I'm pretty sure the killer posed her on top of mattress springs, but I'd have to go back into the notes and check. Just checked and seeing used garage door springs.

It sounds like HC Andersen’s princess on the pea. Macabre.

Has anyone been watching the recently released Netflix series, Homicide New York?
In particular, Episode 3 features the 2009 case of a murdered office cleaner, who was murdered by a building maintenance worker. The address for this unfortunate event is 2 Rector Street and not far from the location where this Jane Doe was found.

Not making any direct connection, but this occurrence does feed my contention that this Jane Doe met her demise by someone who was very comfortable and knowledgeable about the building - whether a tenant or building custodial/maintenance worker.

Now that I think a bit more on it, and again not saying that there's any obvious correlation, the 2 Rector Street perpetrator had a history of violence against women and began working at that building a year after Jane Does ETD. Just wonder if Rector wasn't his first rodeo.

Does anyone know how much access there'd have been to the basement of this building on Church Street back in the 1980s? I know for a while, B-Flat jazz club was there, but this would be many years before B-Flat. This area in the 1980s was starting to gentrify, but it was pretty beat up, moving into a hipster type of phase, from what I saw online. I know there was a record company there for a while. I'm also pretty sure there was a restaurant/bar there in the 1980s. Am just wondering what the basement access was like. Seeing this about the neighborhood in a source: "Tribeca had virtually no residential buildings then, and even as artists started to move in, they mostly lived illegally in commercial spaces, taking care to cover up their windows at night lest the light leaking out give them away. But by 1983, The New York Times was reporting that 'soaring real-estate values have limited Tribeca to higher income tenants' who 'shop in gourmet food stores and brunch in restaurants with names like the Acute.'

Residents who just a few years earlier had lugged their garbage to the corner—no city sanitation—and drank their coffee black for lack of grocery stores, were by then enjoying thrice-weekly garbage pick-up and a new Food Emporium. The shift happened so fast that Tribeca never really had the chance to become a true artists’ district, something that may never have happened anyway given that the lack of density and foot traffic discouraging galleries—a misfortune that ended up saving Tribeca from becoming a simulacrum of its former self like Soho."

Does anyone know how much access there'd have been to the basement of this building on Church Street back in the 1980s? I know for a while, B-Flat jazz club was there, but this would be many years before B-Flat. This area in the 1980s was starting to gentrify, but it was pretty beat up, moving into a hipster type of phase, from what I saw online. I know there was a record company there for a while. I'm also pretty sure there was a restaurant/bar there in the 1980s. Am just wondering what the basement access was like. Seeing this about the neighborhood in a source: "Tribeca had virtually no residential buildings then, and even as artists started to move in, they mostly lived illegally in commercial spaces, taking care to cover up their windows at night lest the light leaking out give them away. But by 1983, The New York Times was reporting that 'soaring real-estate values have limited Tribeca to higher income tenants' who 'shop in gourmet food stores and brunch in restaurants with names like the Acute.'

Residents who just a few years earlier had lugged their garbage to the corner—no city sanitation—and drank their coffee black for lack of grocery stores, were by then enjoying thrice-weekly garbage pick-up and a new Food Emporium. The shift happened so fast that Tribeca never really had the chance to become a true artists’ district, something that may never have happened anyway given that the lack of density and foot traffic discouraging galleries—a misfortune that ended up saving Tribeca from becoming a simulacrum of its former self like Soho."
I wonder when these buildings were built. In the days of prohibition, a lot of city buildings had tunnel systems in the basement that connected. If that was the case, the suspect most likely would have known their way around down there

I wonder when these buildings were built. In the days of prohibition, a lot of city buildings had tunnel systems in the basement that connected. If that was the case, the suspect most likely would have known their way around down there
Seeing some place called Ear Inn not all that far from there, and I guess that was a tavern that went speakeasy during Prohibition. As far as I can see, the area was pretty much all industrial/commercial, and I thought I saw something about railroad workers in the area, so I'd guess at least some taverns. That particular building where they found JD was never a speakeasy per one source, but I can't tell how credible it is. It has to be brutal for LE trying to figure out these cases when they're decades old like this. I hope we find out what happened.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value
Back