OJ Simpson dead at 76, after short battle with prostate cancer

My understanding is that the family did not want this testing to occur as OP linked earlier on in this thread.
The family probably didn't want that information out there which is understandable. Ultimately you have to honour the wishes of the deceased and their family.

if you want to read a great book about the OJ Simpson trial, read Outrage: the Five Reasons OJ Simpson got Away With Murder, by Vincent Bugliosi. I read it when it was originally published, then bought it again to reread after Simpson’s recent death. It is an incredible analysis of what went wrong. Bugliosi maintains it was a very winnable case and places a lot of blame on the prosecution. Bugliosi was a brilliant legal mind, famous for prosecuting Charles Manson.

if you want to read a great book about the OJ Simpson trial, read Outrage: the Five Reasons OJ Simpson got Away With Murder, by Vincent Bugliosi. I read it when it was originally published, then bought it again to reread after Simpson’s recent death. It is an incredible analysis of what went wrong. Bugliosi maintains it was a very winnable case and places a lot of blame on the prosecution. Bugliosi was a brilliant legal mind, famous for prosecuting Charles Manson.

I read this book... also OJ's If I Did It

I agree. I also read it when it first came out. I thought he did a great job and could’ve helped the prosecution. They probably weren’t open to that, though.

With luck, Pip from "A Nice Place to Visit" has set up something for O. J.: "Heaven? Whatever gave you the idea that you were in Heaven, Mister Valentine?! This *is* the Other Place!".

About the Show​

This documentary provides an opportunity for Nicole’s own narrative and voice to be heard in one of the most notorious crimes and trials in history. The project features 50 participants, including those who knew Nicole the best – her friends and family – to shed new light on her life and tragic death. With unprecedented access to exclusive home videos and interviews, the documentary reveals shocking new details in the tragic story.

Nicole Brown Simpson’s murder and O.J.’s proclaimed innocence have been the subject of scrutiny for years, but the story has always been missing one key side…Nicole’s. Now, on the eve of the 30th anniversary of her death, Nicole’s story will finally be told as her three sisters – Denise, Dominique, and Tanya – and her closest friends come forward for the first time to share her truth.

Good riddance! I wish he had served his whole LV sentence.
I just read the whole article. I remember hearing those phone calls and someone close to me rationalizing OJ's behavior. I was in shock, this was someone I loved like a dad. There was no excuse for his behavior, I don't care what she was doing on HER living room couch. He should not have been stalking her or looking through her windows!

The one man who could have stood up for her other than her father was Marcus Allen. What did he do? DENIED everything. I hope he can live with himself. He chose OJ over Nicole, when he supposedly "loved" Nicole. He knew he beat her, he knew the things OJ did. He could have chosen to help convict OJ of her murder, but his "reputation" was so much more important. He wouldn't even cooperate during the civil suit. He "claimed" he knew nothing. I guess I just never understood why MA felt so indebted to OJ. Yes, OJ took his side in MA's dispute with the Raiders, but after that he had an affair with Nicole. There were numerous people who knew about the affair, and no one is ever going to convince me that OJ didn't know about it before Nicole confessed it to him. He knew everything she was doing, probably before she was doing it. Out of all of the people who failed Nicole, Marcus Allen just really burns my biscuits. I know he was married, but he was also married when he was with Nicole, or at the very least going to get married. He was married at Rockingham, I guess to prove to OJ he was done with Nicole. I think that OJ could have probably been with anyone else and it wouldn't have bothered OJ as much as her being with Marcus did. I think he planned to kill her from the moment he found out about their affair.

JMO, IMO, and all other disclaimers.

About the Show​

This documentary provides an opportunity for Nicole’s own narrative and voice to be heard in one of the most notorious crimes and trials in history. The project features 50 participants, including those who knew Nicole the best – her friends and family – to shed new light on her life and tragic death. With unprecedented access to exclusive home videos and interviews, the documentary reveals shocking new details in the tragic story.

Nicole Brown Simpson’s murder and O.J.’s proclaimed innocence have been the subject of scrutiny for years, but the story has always been missing one key side…Nicole’s. Now, on the eve of the 30th anniversary of her death, Nicole’s story will finally be told as her three sisters – Denise, Dominique, and Tanya – and her closest friends come forward for the first time to share her truth.
Well, I guess thirty years later is better than not at all. LE looked the other way, until they couldn't. Everyone looked the other way. In 1993, he should have been arrested when he broke the door at her house on Gretna Green. By not taking action, that showed him he could do whatever he wanted to do to her. How many times did he make a "dry run" to do it? I think Ron Goldman showing up that night pushed him over the edge. I don't think there was anything going on with Nicole and Ron, he was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. Even if there was something going on, they were both single.

I honestly don't know how Fred Goldman has held it together all of these years. He has watched OJ all of the years deny what he did, and just go on with his life. The prison sentence notwithstanding. In the big view of things, that was just a blip on the radar of what OJ has done. OJ should have just gone away without another word when he was acquitted.

JMO, IMO, and other disclaimers.

I think Ron Goldman showing up that night pushed him over the edge. I don't think there was anything going on with Nicole and Ron, he was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. Even if there was something going on, they were both single.
Completely agree with this. Apparently, RG went over to the house that night to return a pair of glasses that NBS's mother had left at the restaurant (where he worked) earlier that night. It's not clear if anything else was going on beyond that - but, if so - I agree it shouldn't have mattered. They were both single, consenting adults.

After looking into this some more, I hadn't realized that RG lived close enough to NBS's place to walk there. This is quoted directly from the RG Wikipedia site:

On the evening of Sunday, June 12, 1994, Goldman worked a server shift at Mezzaluna Trattoria in Brentwood. Brown called to report that her mother had inadvertently dropped her reading glasses outside by the gutter when they dined there earlier in the evening. Goldman had not been their server, but after a search at the restaurant turned up the glasses, Goldman agreed, at Brown’s request, to drop them off at her home after work.

The Los Angeles Times reported that Goldman "punched out at 9:33 pm and stayed another 15 minutes to have bottled water at the bar." Before returning the glasses, he stopped by his Brentwood apartment, at 11663 Gorham Avenue.....[6] Goldman then walked the approximate 10 minutes to Brown’s condominium.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value
Back