Found Deceased OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024 #6 *Arrests*

All the following is my opinion.
OMG is exactly how I felt about all the gory details.
IMO, the burial hole was made to bury the car and and the freezer was a poor second choice.
I understand the burial hole was made the day prior to the abduction and it would be an easy job for a skid steer to dig the hole in short order. Covering the hole with a SUV in it would have taken but a few minutes.
It makes sense that the car was to disappear as that would indicate the pair had just vanished into thin air. That plan went awry when the women fought back and the key fob for the SUV was probably lost eliminating the possibility of driving the SUV to the burial site. So they had to leave the car at the abduction site. That was their first major mistake.
Most folks do not understand how quickly a skid steer can dig a large hole. That is what they are made for. About every farm in our community has a skid steer.
Every PU has a set of ratchet straps with it but rarely does one see a freezer in the bed of the truck!!
Just my opinion and 2 cents.

Thanks for your 2 Cents

There are only 2 reasons the car was found where it was...

1.) They planned to leave it and let it seem like an abduction missing persons case.
2.) They planned to get rid of the car but were not able to drive it because of lost key or engine trouble.

I used to think the theory of car burial was unrealistic but I am not familiar with skid steers and according to you it is not too far-fetched to dig a very large deep hole with one.

I agree that leaving the car at the abduction site was a huge mistake but there are so many they made.

Adams says she called Veronica at 9:00am to confirm the visit and LE says phone records show the call. Adams says this is when Veronica cancelled the visit but LE says at the time of the call Veronica was on her way to pick up Jilian. In other words, Veronica wouldn't have been picking Jilian up if she cancelled the visit.

Another issue not adding up is Adams saying Veronica cancelled when there was her child's birthday party involved. Not logical Veronica would cancel taking her children to their party when their relatives were waiting to see them.

I suspect Adams and the children didn't know about the party, perhaps it was a surprise for the children.

And I don't think Veronica would want to tell Adams any of her business of what she was doing that day, apparently they were "enemies" fighting each other for custody. There would not be friendly conversations, not very likely.

So Adam's visit cancellation lie is easily exposed as not credible and It just goes on and on the mistakes they made as far as getting away with murder.

2 Cents

Just had a thought. If a person was holding onto keys and got tazed, would that fry the key?

The way I understand it is that there are certain types of signals that could interfere with the key fob's signal causing a "glitch" in the key fob's signal so your car door refuses to unlock.

A taser lasts 5 seconds, 19 pulses a second, but the electrical energy is not strong enough to run through your torso then down your arm then into the key fob.

It is not like a lightening strike that literally sends a strong electrical energy surge through your entire body and then goes out of your extremities, thus burning your toes and fingertips.

4. Address Signal Interference: Signal interference from nearby electronic devices or structures can disrupt communication between the key fob and your vehicle. Move away from potential sources of interference, such as mobile phones or metal objects, and attempt to use the key fob again.

Just had a thought. If a person was holding onto keys and got tazed, would that fry the key?

My understanding is the SUV had a push button start. So there’s really no reason for anyone to hold the key, often women just leave them in their purse, push the button and drive away.

Purely my speculation but perhaps none of these five were familiar with push button ignitions and in their frenzy couldn’t get the SUV started even if the key was within range, by sitting in the drivers seat, holding down the brake peddle at the same time as pressing the start button. JMO

OMG

Seized as evidence at the burial site were Wrangler blue jeans, sweatshirts, T-shirts, a black jacket, cloth gloves, ball caps, duct tape and and a sheathed black KA-BAR knife, the new records reveal. All were described as "with possible blood."

Also seized were a black saw handle, two ratchet straps, a "black taser/flashlight" and "electrical cord and small black tape."
duct tape, electrical tape and ratchet straps to seal the freezer maybe? Keep odor and biological material in?

duct tape, electrical tape and ratchet straps to seal the freezer maybe? Keep odor and biological material in?

Or the ratchet straps were used to securely attach the deep freeze to however it was hauled to the burial site. I hope somebody’s CCTV captured somebody’s truck driving by down a road, going to or leaving the site where the attack took place. Maybe that was the purpose of the borrowed flat bed truck from Clint?

ETA That’s assuming the deep freeze was present at the attack site and not just ready and waiting along with the gigantic hole that was dug.

....Search warrants filed also describe how Grice allegedly handled the aftermath of the other four suspects’ arrests.

According to documents, Grice asked a witness how long DNA would last on clothing in the dirt a hole 15 feet deep. It said Grice also asked the same witness if the witness knew “how to get a guy and his family” to Mexico.

Documents state that Cole and Cora Twombly had cellphones in a truck they were driving at the time of their arrest with information on the devices linking them both to the site the two murdered women were abducted from and the burial site.

As if it could get any worse. :(

Noting:

The OSBI also revealed in the new court records that "personal items" were located in the hole after the bodies were removed. "These items did not belong to Butler or Kelley," an OSBI agent wrote. "This information was not released to the public."

Seized as evidence at the burial site were Wrangler blue jeans, sweatshirts, T-shirts, a black jacket, cloth gloves, ball caps, duct tape and and a sheathed black KA-BAR knife, the new records reveal. All were described as "with possible blood."

Also seized were a black saw handle, two ratchet straps, a "black taser/flashlight" and "electrical cord and small black tape."
A black saw handle? Oooooomg.

Thanks for your 2 Cents

There are only 2 reasons the car was found where it was...

1.) They planned to leave it and let it seem like an abduction missing persons case.
2.) They planned to get rid of the car but were not able to drive it because of lost key or engine trouble.

I used to think the theory of car burial was unrealistic but I am not familiar with skid steers and according to you it is not too far-fetched to dig a very large deep hole with one.

I agree that leaving the car at the abduction site was a huge mistake but there are so many they made.

Adams says she called Veronica at 9:00am to confirm the visit and LE says phone records show the call. Adams says this is when Veronica cancelled the visit but LE says at the time of the call Veronica was on her way to pick up Jilian. In other words, Veronica wouldn't have been picking Jilian up if she cancelled the visit.

Another issue not adding up is Adams saying Veronica cancelled when there was her child's birthday party involved. Not logical Veronica would cancel taking her children to their party when their relatives were waiting to see them.

I suspect Adams and the children didn't know about the party, perhaps it was a surprise for the children.

And I don't think Veronica would want to tell Adams any of her business of what she was doing that day, apparently they were "enemies" fighting each other for custody. There would not be friendly conversations, not very likely.

So Adam's visit cancellation lie is easily exposed as not credible and It just goes on and on the mistakes they made as far as getting away with murder.

2 Cents

Regardless what TA told LE about her phone call to VB that morning, I still think she may have asked VB to meet up at the Hwy 95/Rd L intersection. Which TA would not have shared with LE.

VB would know exactly where it was, as she went to school a few miles north of this location. Then no subterfuge is needed for her to pull off there.

She pulls onto Rd L, sees TA at a vehicle there, and a truck and trailer pull onto Rd L behind her, which wouldn’t have necessarily alarmed her right away. Seeing a pickup pulling a stock trailer would be an everyday occurrence in ranch country.

My understanding is the SUV had a push button start. So there’s really no reason for anyone to hold the key, often women just leave them in their purse, push the button and drive away.

Purely my speculation but perhaps none of these five were familiar with push button ignitions and in their frenzy couldn’t get the SUV started even if the key was within range, by sitting in the drivers seat, holding down the brake peddle at the same time as pressing the start button. JMO

Maybe VB was able to throw the key fob into the field.

If I’ve been driving my car and I stop and turn the car off, once I’ve opened a door, my push button start doesn’t work without the key fob.

I can restart without having the fob if I don’t open a door. Found that out after DH drove, and left him to bring our other vehicle home. I stopped at a gas station, but looked for fob before I got out. Realized he had the fob in his pocket, so I didn’t get out, and tried to restart my car. It started and I went on home.

Not sure all vehicles would work this way, but maybe something happened to the key fob VB had that day.

Or her vehicle became was not drivable for another reason.

Or the vehicle was fine and left there as planned.

I’d like to know all the logistical details.

The black ka-bar knife that was found is a fairly expensive knife. See sample pic of “black sheathed ka-bar knives”. Blades are up to 7 inches long, priced easily at $200-$300 and up. Ka-bar knives were standard issue to USMC (marines) until after WWII. Then a company in Canada got the contract.

Attachments

• IMG_4423.jpeg
    IMG_4423.jpeg
    238.8 KB · Views: 5
Tifany Adams already aditted responsibility for both deaths directly to LE and it is recorded.
That doesn’t mean she won’t get the needle. The only woman on death row in Oklahoma now had her boyfriend shoot her husband and then she shot him…and she got the death penalty. This case is far more heinous.

That doesn’t mean she won’t get the needle. The only woman on death row in Oklahoma now had her boyfriend shoot her husband and then she shot him…and she got the death penalty. This case is far more heinous.

She did not "take responsibility" which is a legal term, instead she went to trial. TA admitted responsibility for both murders.

If Adams wants she can try to get her taped confession thrown out and keep her innocent plea and go to trial. If the prosecutor charges under the DP, which he hasn't done yet, then I believe the jury would sentence her to death in the Penalty Phase trial.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX