OR OR - Howard Kley, 53, Coos Bay, 26 Jan 1966

The Dunes Motel is now Motel 6. You can get a perspective of where The Dunes was in relation to The Skyroom. The 2 or 2:30 room light is problematic. I’d like to know if LE found drinking glasses with lipstick on them or any indication of anyone else in the room. fWIW, Seattle is about a 7 hours’ drive from CB if you don’t stop.

I’ll never understand why his colleagues continued on to Seattle & left him to find his own transportation, either flying out of North Bend or taking a Greyhound bus.
Recalling the behaviour of managers and salesmen when on trips or conferences in the 80s (in finance rather than oil) I can understand them going on and just assuming he was enjoying himself. I still recall having to write mitigation letters to court hearings for managers who had gone too far when out of the office!

The Dunes Motel is now Motel 6. You can get a perspective of where The Dunes was in relation to The Skyroom. The 2 or 2:30 room light is problematic. I’d like to know if LE found drinking glasses with lipstick on them or any indication of anyone else in the room. fWIW, Seattle is about a 7 hours’ drive from CB if you don’t stop.
Nothing like that found in his room that we are aware of. Only his belongings: including his hat and overcoat. Those are red flags that he didn't exactly leave on his own, but was likely there.

Recalling the behaviour of managers and salesmen when on trips or conferences in the 80s (in finance rather than oil) I can understand them going on and just assuming he was enjoying himself. I still recall having to write mitigation letters to court hearings for managers who had gone too far when out of the office!
Interesting insight. Thank you very much.

Were any of the women he was seen talking with tracked down and identified? If not, that is very odd. You would think if they were locals, someone might know one of them or they would come forward. If they were visitors, a hotel would have a record of their stay. No credit card receipts etc..?

Were any of the women he was seen talking with tracked down and identified? If not, that is very odd. You would think if they were locals, someone might know one of them or they would come forward. If they were visitors, a hotel would have a record of their stay. No credit card receipts etc..?
I do not know for certain if they were or not though I am roughly 80% certain they were. Including whoever dropped him off at the Dunes.

Thank you very much for the postings. Going to need to pull out all the stops for this one.
Reaching deep here.

Demographics
Missing Age53 Years
Current Age106 Years
First Name Howard
Middle NameFrederick
Last NameKley
Nickname/Alias--

SexMale
Race / EthnicityWhite / Caucasian
Height5' 6" - 5' 8" (66 - 68 Inches)
Weight170 - 180 lbs
Circumstances
Date of Last ContactJanuary 26, 1966
NamUs Case CreatedSeptember 5, 2018
Last Known Location Map
LocationCoos Bay, Oregon
CountyCoos County
Circumstances of DisappearanceHoward Kley, a resident of San Francisco, CA, was in Coos Bay, OR for business when he was last seen. He had dinner with work associates and was supposed to meet up with them again the next morning but never arrived. He was last seen in the Starlight room in the Chandler Hotel in Coos Bay around midnight on Wednesday, January 26, 1966, early morning hours of Thursday, January 27th. In the hotel where he was staying, his luggage was in the room but the bed was never slept in.
Physical Description
Hair ColorBrown
Head Hair DescriptionFull head of dark brown hair, turning salt/pepper gray, fringing gray at the temples
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye ColorBlue
Right Eye ColorBlue
Eye DescriptionWore reading glasses when needed for reading
Distinctive Physical Features
Item
Description
Scar/mark
Severe scar on left thumb running into the hand

Scar/mark
Black spot on lower lip, off center but unknown which side

Scar/mark
Skin lesions on his face that had been burned off, on temple and just below the bridge of his nose where the eyeglasses sit, unknown which side

Other distinctive physical characteristic
Previous broken left index finger - injury healed but left a divot where his knuckle had been

Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
Accessories
Smoked short Chesterfields, occasionally L&M cigarettes

Jewelry
Wore a wrist watch on his left wrist, it was his 25 year anniversary watch from Shell Oil corporation and may have been inscribed with his name, Shell Oil, and dated 1958; it may have been gold in color with a white/ivory face.

Missing Person Case
wow is this an active case or did this case go cold why is there no answers it just makes me so mad im new this. and this my first-time hearing or seeing anything about this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ
Back