Oregon - Coronavirus COVID-19

This breakdown of vaccinated and unvaccinated patients at the three hospitals in the Asante system in Southern Oregon makes it clear that being unvaccinated is a huge risk.

Asante providing better understanding of vaccinated and unvaccinated COVID-19 deaths and hospitalizations

According to their latest update, on August 29 2021, of the 182 people that are in their hospitals with COVID-19, 170 of the 182 patients are unvaccinated while the other 12 patients are vaccinated.

In Asante ICU or IMCU beds, 51 out of the 53 patients are unvaccinated while on two are vaccinated.

For patients on ventilators across Asante hospitals, all 21 people are unvaccinated.

Over the last seven days Asante has reported 21 deaths as well. Of those 21 deaths, 15 of them were people who were unvaccinated with 6 people were vaccinated.

SEP 10, 2021
COVID-19 cases in children exploding across Oregon, health authority says - OPB
Over 38,000 cases have been reported in those under the age of 18. That’s about 13% of all COVID-19 cases statewide, according to the Oregon Health Authority.

The authority’s senior health advisor Dr. Bukhosi Dube says young people are being infected with the delta variant, a stubbornly infectious mutation of the coronavirus.

He noted the death of an infant boy from Douglas County who tested positive for COVID-19 on Aug. 20 and died on Labor Day. The baby, who was under one year old, had underlying conditions.

[...]

SEP 9, 2021
Nearly 81% of new Oregon COVID cases are unvaccinated | KOIN.com
[...]

Officials said “the rate of COVID-19 in unvaccinated people is currently approximately five times higher than in vaccinated people.”

On average over 7 days, another 8654 vaccination doses were administered each day.

Only 4.9% of breakthrough cases — that is, a fully vaccinated person testing positive for COVID — have been hospitalized, and only 0.9% have died. The median age of those deaths is 80, OHA said.

[...]

NOV 26, updated NOV 29, 2021
COVID-19 skeptic barely survives 102 days in hospital: Oregon man thought ‘it was all a lie’ - oregonlive.com
[...]

On July 14, the independent trucker from Myrtle Creek knew something was wrong.

[...]

Howard’s condition took a drastic turn. ...

One doctor called every hospital in the Pacific Northwest trying to find an extracorporeal membrane oxygenation machine — better known as ECMO — to help serve as an artificial lung for the 47-year-old, whose condition was continuing to deteriorate.

[...]

No such machines were available in Oregon, but the doctor at Mercy was able to locate one in Seattle at the University of Washington Medical Center’s Montlake facility. Howard, in a medically induced coma, was transported to Roseburg Regional Airport and flown to Seattle.

“I had no idea,” Howard said of the transfer. “I went to sleep in Roseburg and woke up in Seattle.”

For nearly 100 days, Howard received a medical treatment that temporarily draws blood from the body, provides artificial oxygenation of the blood and returns it to the cardiovascular system.

[...]

“They could wake him up, but it was more of a surface awakening to make sure he still had brain activity,” she said.

“In a coma, you can hear voices but you can’t make out voices,” Howard said. “All I could hear was babbling. I honestly couldn’t remember my name. I knew who I was, but I couldn’t remember my name.”

[...]

Hooty B LLC, the Breidenbachs’ trucking company, is on permanent hold. The truck has been sold, as well as the couple’s home, a sale which was finalized by a “thumbs-up” from Howard via video call.

Howard Breidenbach is now recuperating at his Myrtle Creek home with help from his wife.

During his 102 days in the hospital, Howard missed his 29th wedding anniversary. He was discharged from the hospital on Oct. 27 and had his 48th birthday on Nov. 11.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value
Back