SC SC - Jackson Brent Garcia, 18, last seen @ relative's house, Sumter, 26 Dec 2020

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
DEC 30, 2020
Sumter County Sheriff's Office (Sumter, SC) | Facebook

133041037_3960704730641060_806454904358803125_n.jpg
133784994_3960704740641059_6978682851052652904_n.jpg

Sumter County Sheriff’s Office is asking for the public’s help in locating 18-year-old Jackson Brent Garcia who was last seen on Ithica Drive on December 26.
  • Investigators do not think Jackson is in danger, based on substantiated information provided so far, but his family states it is unusual for him to be away for this long.
  • LE has conducted aerial, foot and K9 searches for Jackson at his last known location and in the 15 South area near that location.
  • He is known to visit the 15 South and Cherryvale areas.
Anyone with information about Jackson’s whereabouts, recent activities and people he could be in contact with should call the sheriff’s office at (803) 436-2000 or call Crime Stoppers at 1-888-CRIME-SC (274-6372). Tips can also be given electronically and anonymously by going to p3tips.com.

DEC 29, 2020, updated JAN 1, 2021
Family of missing 18-year-old begs Sumter community to help find him (wistv.com)
[...]

On Thursday afternoon, dozens of community members searched the woods near Ithaca drive on foot and ATV. They also scoured the area behind Family Dollar on Route 15 in Sumter. That’s where Brent’s mom, AB, says dogs from Black River Search and Rescue out of Camden were able to track Brent’s scent Tuesday night.

“We have done ground searches. The police department has put the plane in the air. We’ve had people searching by boat. Somebody has to know something,” AB said tearfully.

Brent lives with his grandmother, JB, who says she was the last to hear from her grandson around 5:30 p.m. Saturday night.

“I said, ‘Are you coming home?’ and he said, ‘Yes, Nanny. I’ll see you in a little bit,’” she noted. “That was the last I heard.”

[...]

Brent suffers from severe anxiety and depression, and his family says he doesn’t have his medication or his cell phone. He was wearing light gray sweatpants, black and white sneakers, and a dark-colored jacket when he disappeared.

[...]

JAN 6, 2021
Mother of missing teen asks Sumter community to help find her son | The Sumter Item (theitem.com)
  • "He's never done this before," AB said. "In 18 years, he's never gone over 24 hours without contacting myself, my mom or one of his siblings. Like never."
  • AB last saw her son on Christmas day before he stayed the night with his cousin on Ithica Drive on Dec. 26.
  • "We are assuming that he left by foot. We don't know. We just know that he was outside with his cousin. The cousin went back inside, and Brent never came back in," she said.
  • Despite organized search parties by foot, vehicle, horses, drones and boats searching through woods, ditches, waterways, abandoned houses and nearby communities, Jackson Brent Garcia has yet to come home.
  • AB hired an outside company, Black River SAR Inc., to help find Garcia.
  • "The sheriff's office did not bring their dogs out, so we hired a company out of Camden," AB said. "They brought their bloodhounds out."
  • The next search party is at 9 a.m. on Saturday at the Gamecock Shrine Club on U.S. 15. Anyone is welcome.
  • Jackson is 5'11" tall and weighs about 170 pounds.
  • He has brown hair and hazel eyes.

• AB hired an outside company, Black River SAR Inc., to help find Garcia.
  • "The sheriff's office did not bring their dogs out, so we hired a company out of Camden," AB said. "They brought their bloodhounds out."

IMHO, Black River's bloodhounds are among the best in this state. Thankful this family contacted them.

Really wish family would start a FB page or group for Brent. Lots of info on SM and a dedicated page would draw more attention. JMOO

Video with Brent's parents at link. Also some different pics.

Almost a week gone by and search for Sumter man continues | wltx.com
Noting for the time:

“He spent the night at his cousin's house on Ithaca Dr. that night and the last he was seen was about 7 o’clock that Saturday night," Angel and Leo said "We don’t know if he walked off, if he was picked up… it’s been a living nightmare.
  • 5:30 p.m. - He told his Grandmother he'd see her "in a little bit."
  • 7:00 p.m. - Last seen outside at his cousin's house on Ithica Drive.
  • Bloodhounds tracked his scent to Family Dollar on Route 15.
Is the Grandmother's house within walking distance? Near Family Dollar?

If he was on foot and the bloodhounds were accurate, it is about an hour and a half walk from Ithica Dr to Family Dollar 3340 US-15, Sumter, SC.

That Family Dollar store is opened until 21.00 according to google maps.

So walking at a decent pace he would have made it in time. If ofcourse that was his destination.

Do those stores have cctv outside?

Looks more like a motion sensor with a light attached. But I could be wrong.
Well, that's unfortunate because I don't see anything on the side or back of the store either. Although there is a tree in my way...

This is the area behind the Family Dollar: 3120 Beulah Cuttino Rd - Google Maps

They may be out of luck as far as camera footage there. I hope not. MOO

Well, that's unfortunate because I don't see anything on the side or back of the store either. Although there is a tree in my way...

This is the area behind the Family Dollar: 3120 Beulah Cuttino Rd - Google Maps

They may be out of luck as far as camera footage there. I hope not. MOO

I just wonder why he walked (if that's indeed what he did) to Family Dollar.

If he had a meet-up/pick-up. That also could have been arranged at the Exxon gasstation. Which I pressume does have camera's...

I just wonder why he walked (if that's indeed what he did) to Family Dollar.

If he had a meet-up/pick-up. That also could have been arranged at the Exxon gasstation. Which I pressume does have camera's...
Yeah, that's why I wondered where his Grandmother's house is located.

I don't like his profile video at all. Brent Garcia | Facebook

Looks like he may work at Little Caesar's. It also looks like he's lost a couple of friends this year. MOO

Jackson does have a history of mental illness and is not on medication at this time.

Investigators have been following leads as they come in, however, they have not led to Jackson’s location. Investigators do not think Jackson is in danger, based on substantiated information provided so far, but his family states it is unusual for him to be away for this long.

The sheriff’s office has conducted aerial, foot and K9 searches for Jackson at his last known location and in the 15 South area near that location.

Jackson is known to visit the 15 South and Cherryvale areas.

Anyone with information about Jackson Garcia’s whereabouts, recent activities and people he could be in contact with should call the sheriff’s office at (803) 436-2000 or call Crime Stoppersat 1-888-CRIME-SC (274-6372). Tips can also be given electronically and anonymously by going to p3tips.com.
18-year-old reported missing in Sumter, South Carolina | wltx.com

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missletoes
Back