Selim Esen, 44, Toronto, 14 April 2017

I wish we had more information about selim!

Curious as to the reason " he was often in possession of a silver suitcase with wheels."
Just a small and certainly not uncommon coincidence, in a photo posted up thread Selim is shown with what i am assuming is his cat, Andrew Kinsman had a cat ( he apparently would never leave ) and one of the 3 so far unrelated missing men,Skandaraj "Skanda" Navaratnam, had a new puppy, ( also reported that he would never just leave behind ).
Unsure of the other two and again, not unusual- just noting.
speculation.
https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2013/06/10/gay_village_disappearances_baffle_police.html
“If Skanda wanted to be away for a little bit, he would call Peter to let him know he was OK,” Becker said.

One of the last times Becker talked with him, Navaratnam talked of his new puppy.

That pet was left behind when he vanished, which was greatly out of character for him, she said.

“He was a really responsible guy,” Becker said. “For him to just get a puppy and then to just screw off, that doesn’t add up. He would have taken the dog with him.”

Curious as to the reason " he was often in possession of a silver suitcase with wheels."
Just a small and certainly not uncommon coincidence, in a photo posted up thread Selim is shown with what i am assuming is his cat, Andrew Kinsman had a cat ( he apparently would never leave ) and one of the 3 so far unrelated missing men,Skandaraj "Skanda" Navaratnam, had a new puppy, ( also reported that he would never just leave behind ).
Unsure of the other two and again, not unusual- just noting.
speculation.
https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2013/06/10/gay_village_disappearances_baffle_police.html

Good catch! Idk how these cases wouldn't be connected. They all seem to have a lot in common. It is curious why they say that about the suitcase. Maybe because it stands out more than he would in a crowd?

It definitely seems the police has information they are not sharing with respect to these men and the entire investigation surrounding their disappearances.....

Posted by G. Smiley on the Andrew Kinsman thread.
https://www.dailyxtra.com/toronto-m...is-life-on-track-before-he-went-missing-77274
[h=1]Toronto man Selim Esen was getting his life on track before he went missing[/h]
By Arshy Mann Aug 09, 2017

Selim Esen has been trying to get his life on track. And in March 2017, he made a big step forward.

That’s when he completed a week-long peer counselling course at St Stephen’s Community House in Toronto, which provides social services to vulnerable people in Kensington Market.

Esen came to Canada from Turkey around three years ago for a relationship. But Richard says that Esen struggled with addiction, which he was very open about, and the relationship was often abusive.

In recent months, Esen was doing much better. He was winning his battle over his addiction and was staying away from his on-and-off boyfriend.
“He was really trying to get his life back in order so he could face his family,” Richard says.

Toronto police say that Esen was active on dating sites, but according to Richard he doesn’t have a smartphone, so he would have to be on sites that have desktop versions

[h=2][/h]

Any progress on this folks? Just trying to keep this conversation going here. Fingers crossed.

I am from the area and I have not seen one missing poster for Selim anywhere. I have seen many for Andrew Kinsman.

http://toronto.citynews.ca/2017/12/08/tess-richey-murder-update/
[h=1]Police to update Richey murder, Wells death and Kinsman, Esen disappearance[/h]
released.
missing-men-esen-kinsman-16x9-1024x576.jpg
caption-icon.png

Andrew Kinsman, 49, was last seen on June 26 in the Parliament and Winchester streets area. Police ruled his disappearance suspicious. Selim Esen, 43, was last seen in the Yonge and Bloor area in April. Project Prism was created to investigate the disappearance of these two men.
Police have not said if there is anything to connect these three investigations but will be updating each one on Friday at 10:30 a.m.
rbbm.

YES!!!

https://www.cp24.com/news/police-announce-arrest-in-connection-with-the-disappearance-of-two-toronto-men-1.3765353
Police announce arrest in connection with the disappearance of two Toronto men

Toronto Police chief Mark Saunders is set to announce the arrest of a suspect in the recent disappearances of at least two men who frequented the city’s Church-Wellesley Village.

Dubbed Project Prism, police were previously investigating the disappearances of Selim Esen and Andrew Kinsman, who were last seen 45 days apart in the downtown area.

Esen, 44, was last seen in mid-April in the Kensington Market area and Kinsman, 49, was last seen in late June near his home in the Parliament and Winchester streets area

Eveidence found yesterday. I wonder what it was. Bodies haven’t been found. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Project Prism update:
short notice, much appreciated
task force developed multi unit and agency approach
thanks to wellsley church community for their assistance in reaching this conclusion
very early in the investigation at this time all questions will not be answered please appreciate that
homicide detective:
april 14 2017 selim went missing from the area of yonge and bloor
june 26 2017 andrew from parliment and winchester
51 division was investigating them seperately
in august 2017 project prism was formed to share information
on dec 8 briefed the media on this case and other cases
yesterday significant progress was made and we moved quickly
7:25 am this morning arrested Bruce McArthur self employed artistic design Landscaping in the Thorncliff park area charged with 1st degree murder in both cases....
they believe he is responsible for other deaths, in other words they believe there are other victims
they have secured 5 properties connected to McArthur....anyone with info contact project team at 416 808 2021 or anonymously thru crimestoppers
they have not found the bodies, are actively looking for them
have a pretty good idea of COD but won't discuss
evidence found yesterday that lead to the arrest...
in dec they gave advice about using dating apps and mr mcarthur was on dating apps and the victims were as well, they are still digging into that...
he did have a relationship with mr. kinsmen for sometime not sure about his relationship with Selim...qualilfied the relationship as sexual...
they do have evidence that there are other victims not able to release that info yet...
def a serial killer at least 2 victims....
they have known about him and had been investigating him couldn't make definitive until yesterday.
he resides in thorncliff park area the other properties he is associated with

I wonder why they aren’t releasing his photo?

I wonder why they aren’t releasing his photo?

I think I've found his Facebook account. I don't want to post it in case it is wrong, but on reviewing the photos (publicly available) there seem to be several that include one of the victims, Selim Esen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ
Back