Should Darlie have a new trial?

Should Darlie Routier be given a new trial?

• Total voters
It doesn't matter how many polls are out there -- Darlie will not be getting a new trial. The best she can hope for is to keep delaying so TX continues to skip over her to execute other death row inmates. She's managed to do just that so far...

It doesn't matter how many polls are out there -- Darlie will not be getting a new trial. The best she can hope for is to keep delaying so TX continues to skip over her to execute other death row inmates. She's managed to do just that so far...

Exactly! Nobody get's a do-over, just because.

Actually there were many reasons why the Trial should've been declared a mistrial, but the Judge wouldn't do it.

If that were true, which it isn't, she would have had another trial by now.

Doesn't matter if she does, she is just as guilty now as she was then.
You don't get a do-over on murdering babies either.

But the jury didn't have doubt, that's why they sentenced her to death. There is no legal reason whatsoever to give Darlie a new trial. What screw ups are those?

Several jurors have come out and said if they would've known about the newest evidence and certain pictures they hadn't seen they wouldn't have convicted her. There was an unknown print and unknown DNA in the blood print.

Very good article, thank you. It brought up a few points I hadn't thought about before. Darlie should get a new trial. I thought so from the beginning, but this article pointed out a few things I hadn't taken into consideration. Seems to me the entire trial was a one-sided hatchet job.

:cow:

Hey guys, here's one of the latest news articles I've seen on the Darlie case.

https://soapboxie.com/government/Darlie-Routier

Pollyanna is an avid Dariie supporter. Her entire website/blog is full of incorrect information, wild speculation and bizarre suppositions to come up with ideas on how Darlie could be innocent. She ignores court transcripts, real evidence and other facts.

Pollyanna is an avid Dariie supporter. Her entire website/blog is full of incorrect information, wild speculation and bizarre suppositions to come up with ideas on how Darlie could be innocent. She ignores court transcripts, real evidence and other facts.

I noticed the many inaccuracies and wondered why no one had called her on the misinformation. I was here during those years. Everyday, including the days when those exact statements were refuted.

IMO there are just too many doubts to put her to death, I believe the bruises and cutting are what keeps me on the doubt side, not the fact that someone cant murder their children.

I know only a little about Darlie's case. What got me here to her thread today is ABC's show "The Last Defense." They started on Darlie's case this past Tuesday. Because I don't know much I am finding the show to be interesting.

^^Jmo/Moo/Imo/Etc^^

I noticed the many inaccuracies and wondered why no one had called her on the misinformation. I was here during those years. Everyday, including the days when those exact statements were refuted.
Many of us have attempted, she won't post them. Or if she does post them, she'll then attempt to rip them apart and call you names, LOL

Would you mind giving an example?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk
Here's an example:

Pollyanna:

"Never brought to the attention of the jury were other things of alarm and great importance, including the pictures of Darlie's cuts and bruises on her arms taken when she was hospitalized the night of the murders"

Testimony of Dr. Santos who was responsible for Darlie's care:

25 Q. Okay. Now, let's look at 52-A. Do Sandra M. Halsey, CSR, Official Court Reporter 765 1 you see a wound here to the right arm, or evidence of an 2 injury to the right arm? 3 A. There's a large amount of bruising to 4 the right arm, but I don't see any -- actually by laceration, there's none. But there is evidence of 6 bruising to the arm. 7 Q. Okay. And that's a pretty large 8 bruise, isn't it? 9 A. Yes. 10 Q. Where does it extend from? 11 A. It appears to go from her wrist to right below where her hand is, past her elbow, up toward, 13 almost into her armpit. 14 Q. Okay. And then 52-E, that's an even 15 more close-up photograph of that bruise? 16 A. Yes, correct. 17 Q. If you could take these two 18 photographs and go along the jury rail so all the jurors 19 can see. 20 A. Okay
The bruises were not photographed at the hospital. Both doctors checked that arm each day and before she was released and neither saw any sign of bruising under that right arm. No redness, no swelling. The photos were taken 2 days after Darlie was released from hospital at the police station. Polly knows this, but she refuses to acknowledge it.

Last edited:
Several jurors have come out and said if they would've known about the newest evidence and certain pictures they hadn't seen they wouldn't have convicted her. There was an unknown print and unknown DNA in the blood print.
HI coachhurricane: Sorry but that is not correct. Y-STR DNA testing, which isolates the male gene, was performed on that bloody print in 2015 and no male gene was detected. There is no unknown DNA in the print. The blood is Darlie's and the print is most likely hers. As well only one juror came out after the trial claiming he didn't see photos of her bruised arm. As you can see by the testimony I posted, those photos were taken down the jury rail for all the jury to see. There is no new evidence

Here's an example:

Pollyanna:

"Never brought to the attention of the jury were other things of alarm and great importance, including the pictures of Darlie's cuts and bruises on her arms taken when she was hospitalized the night of the murders"

Testimony of Dr. Santos who was responsible for Darlie's care:

25 Q. Okay. Now, let's look at 52-A. Do Sandra M. Halsey, CSR, Official Court Reporter 765 1 you see a wound here to the right arm, or evidence of an 2 injury to the right arm? 3 A. There's a large amount of bruising to 4 the right arm, but I don't see any -- actually by laceration, there's none. But there is evidence of 6 bruising to the arm. 7 Q. Okay. And that's a pretty large 8 bruise, isn't it? 9 A. Yes. 10 Q. Where does it extend from? 11 A. It appears to go from her wrist to right below where her hand is, past her elbow, up toward, 13 almost into her armpit. 14 Q. Okay. And then 52-E, that's an even 15 more close-up photograph of that bruise? 16 A. Yes, correct. 17 Q. If you could take these two 18 photographs and go along the jury rail so all the jurors 19 can see. 20 A. Okay
The bruises were not photographed at the hospital. Both doctors checked that arm each day and before she was released and neither saw any sign of bruising under that right arm. No redness, no swelling. The photos were taken 2 days after Darlie was released from hospital at the police station. Polly knows this, but she refuses to acknowledge it.
I'm a latecomer to this case - I remember it being in msm but didn't follow the trial.

But recently after hearing about the juror claiming the jury didn't see the photos of Darlie's injuries I looked into it and read Darlie's statements and much of the transcripts. It seems pretty clear to me that all the photos were introduced and seen by the jury.

Frankly, Darlie's statements, her testimony and the transcript of the 911 call on their own led me to believe she was the person who murdered her sons. When researching I gave her a large swath of "people react differently" and still I couldn't resolve the discrepancies and well... the lies. MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX
Back