Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
A place to share some good, clean lighthearted humor. No politics, no bickering

giphy.gif

Thread #1
Thread #2

Last edited by a moderator:
Oops, I forgot to watch this new thread! But it was fun getting caught up!

Now, I'll reciprocate by providing a gift link to a funny Washington Post article:
Oven fires and cats in turkeys: Your Thanksgiving cooking disasters

Here's one of the disasters:
Diane Harlan of Portland, Ore., was helping her mother carve second helpings for their family dinner. “We went into the kitchen and to our absolute horror, there was a black tail coming out of the turkey cavity,” she wrote. “We literally had to pull the cat out of the turkey by the tail and he was clawing like mad to stay right where he was. We got him out, but he was covered in turkey juice and the remnants of stuffing.”

(Too bad there's no video!)

Now, I'll reciprocate by providing a gift link to a funny Washington Post article:

Diane Harlan of Portland, Ore., was helping her mother carve second helpings for their family dinner. “We went into the kitchen and to our absolute horror, there was a black tail coming out of the turkey cavity,” she wrote. “We literally had to pull the cat out of the turkey by the tail and he was clawing like mad to stay right where he was. We got him out, but he was covered in turkey juice and the remnants of stuffing.”

Thank you for sharing the WaPo article. LOL! I recall the Thanksgiving when my brother brought his newly acquired cockapoo to our home for dinner. The moment the pooch entered the house, he followed the scent of the roasting turkey into the kitchen and started sniffing the oven door. He plopped himself down in front of the oven and refused to move. I did my best to navigate around the dog while trying to get Thanksgiving dinner on the table. My brother's pet knew that whatever was in the oven was pretty special and had decided to guard it :D

LOL The kitty must have enjoyed licking himself clean!

Carolyn Hax at WaPo does her annual “Hootenany of Holiday Horrors” live chat on 12/9 at noon EST. It’s hilarious. Here’s a gift link.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NomDePlumme
Back