TN TN - David Warner, 12, Jefferson City, 2 March 1983

Hi, recently there has actually been some new info on this case, I do not know if it has been released to the public yet or not.. but there is a house right next door to where they lived and that house like many in rural areas has a septic tank. Recently this year (2019) when taking out that septic tank and draining it, they had found Boys clothing inside of it. It could be related to him but they are not sure. At the time of his disappearance the person whom lived in that house had a record for being a peeping tom and all around a ****** and bad person in the neighborhood. So... yea thats really about it. We have images of the clothing found but unfortunately I do not have them on hand to link in this post. So hopefully soon there will be new info coming from these findings...
The reason I know this is because my aunt (davids mother) had shown me and told me about it recently at a Family Gathering.
Edit: here is a above image of the house in question and where the septic tank is..
lx4o8bO
gfzC5Av.jpg
WOW!

First to hear of this person and the clothes found in the septic tank. New Questions for study:

1.) Did the person next door have a violent background or known criminal past?
2.) How well did this person know David and his family? Any neighbor problems?
3.) Is this person still living?
4.) Was this person ever investigated/questioned at the time of David's disappearance?
5.) Other than the accusations of a "Peeping Tom", which could setoff red flags in a case like this, what other things was this person accused of doing?
6.) Could David had seen or known something about this person that this person did not want him to know, and he was killed to be silenced?

Satch

David Clayton Warner
  • david_clayton_warner_1.jpg
  • david_clayton_warner_2.jpg
  • warner_david3.jpg
  • david_clayton_warner_4.jpg
  • david_clayton_warner_10.jpg
David, circa 1983; Age-progression to age 42 (circa 2013)

• Missing Since 03/02/1983
  • Missing From Jefferson City, Tennessee
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 01/30/1971 (49)
  • Age 12 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'2 - 5'5, 110 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A black and white Pittsburgh Steelers sweatshirt, blue jeans and sneakers.
  • Medical Conditions David suffers from epilepsy.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Blond hair, brown eyes. David's nickname is Little David.
Details of Disappearance
David was last seen in Jefferson City, Tennessee. That day after school he said he was going to go to a church function up the street from his home on Beeler Avenue. He did go to the church, but he didn't go inside and instead went to Druther's Restaurant.

The restaurant had a policy that children who presented report cards with a good grades could get a free meal. David's school report card had just come out that day and he had an A in physical education, so the restaurant gave him a free hamburger. It's unclear where David went afterwards; there are different reports, including one that he watched television at a friend's home and left for home at 7:00 p.m. He has never been heard from again.

David's family didn't realize he wasn't home until the next morning. His bed covers were arranged in a way to make it look like he was in bed asleep. At first they thought he'd spent the night at his friend's house, as he often did.

When his disappearance was reported to the police, investigators believed he might have run away, but his family never believed this. There was a tip that David was living in Florida with a cousin of his biological father, but this was discounted. David's father, who is now deceased, said he did not know his son's whereabouts.

According to his family, David was extremely friendly, even to strangers, and could have easily been lured into a stranger's car. Authorities believe he may have been abducted and murdered, but little evidence is available in his case.

David's mother was unmarried and only a teenager when he was born, so his grandmother legally adopted him and raised him. He was close to his mother throughout his whole life, however. He was a fourth-grade student at Jefferson City Elementary School in 1983, and although he wasn't a good student and had had to repeat the year, his loved ones described him as a bright, streetwise, pleasant boy. His case remains unsolved.
Investigating Agency
  • Jefferson City Police Department 615-475-2002
Source Information

How did nobody know if he came home or not? That’s my biggest concern. I know where my kids are at all times and especially when they come home, have dinner and go to bed? Seems odd.
Was thinking the same.

I don't know if this is a long shot or not, but I can't shake that maybe David is this Doe? The earliest that the Doe could have died would've been a few years after David went missing, but could be off too. I just see such similarities in the recon and the photos of David.

So anyways, any ideas on whether David could be a match for the Doe I mentioned above, or anything that is relevant to Davids' case could be cool to discuss.

So anyways, any ideas on whether David could be a match for the Doe I mentioned above, or anything that is relevant to Davids' case could be cool to discuss.

I'm new to this case, but I wouldn't mind talking about it with you. I don't have a lot of time today, but here is the Websleuths link for the Doe you mentioned. We could start there. I'd need to read through the Doe case. David would have been about 17 in 1987...

MA - MA - Newburyport, WhtMale UP11797, 11-14, Severely Impacted Molar, Nov'92

To add to my comment above, estimated date of death for the Doe is 1987 - 1991, estimated age 11 - 17, so I'd say we can't eliminate it. Doe has DNA available... Maybe someone here with experience can look into sending the possibility in? I wouldn't know where to begin with that.

I'm new to this case, but I wouldn't mind talking about it with you. I don't have a lot of time today, but here is the Websleuths link for the Doe you mentioned. We could start there. I'd need to read through the Doe case. David would have been about 17 in 1987...

MA - MA - Newburyport, WhtMale UP11797, 11-14, Severely Impacted Molar, Nov'92
Thank you! That Newburyport Case is one of my "pet cases" so any exposure/chatter/interest I can get people to take in it means a lot!!

What about this Doe, found in Colorado, case 2542UMCO on the Doe Network? He doesn't seem to have an entry here on Websleuths. Could it be a long shot possibility? I'm not sure how to tell if he was already ruled-out as David and only mentioning it because I happened to read about it on another case today.
(The WS thread for Robert Pillsen-Rahier. It's a tragic case that needs more attention IMO, if anyone here has time to go read the case.)

Link to the Doe in Colorado: CASE NUMBER - 2542UMCO

WOW!

First to hear of this person and the clothes found in the septic tank. New Questions for study:

1.) Did the person next door have a violent background or known criminal past?
2.) How well did this person know David and his family? Any neighbor problems?
3.) Is this person still living?
4.) Was this person ever investigated/questioned at the time of David's disappearance?
5.) Other than the accusations of a "Peeping Tom", which could setoff red flags in a case like this, what other things was this person accused of doing?
6.) Could David had seen or known something about this person that this person did not want him to know, and he was killed to be silenced?

Satch
Hey there! I hadnt checked on my comment in awhile and sorry for the late response!
1. I honestly dont know i didnt get much info from my aunt... and info online about it is scarce so ive been thinking of calling my local police to ask and investigate myself!
2. From what i heard he didnt know him that well at all, just a neighbor.
3. Wasnt informed of that either
4. I dont think so
5. just all around being a creepy dude and not being someone who was known to be the best of citizens. other than that i really dont know
6. That could be a possibility but honestly if it was him id like to think it was probably some kind of predatory behavior whereas he kidnapped david i really dont know.
I realize this leaves more questions than answers but i thought id reply! Thank you so much for your interest in his case, it means alot.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gonzales Trenton
Back