TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This, plus the very late hour, plus the lack of shoes, is one of the things that leads me to consider the possibility that he met with someone he'd been with before. JMO.

One might be willing to do a quick, barefoot, no keys or wallet, late-late meetup in a car if it was an ongoing or at least intermittent thing. The classic "u up?" message comes in and you're up and not opposed...

Less likely imo for a brand new stranger.
Definitely. And you have to wonder how it would have gone wrong. Was this person all along planning something nefarious and finally acted on it, or did an accidental death happen and get covered up, whether through drugs or a sexual mishap…..all just speculation regarding his meeting someone….

Definitely. And you have to wonder how it would have gone wrong. Was this person all along planning something nefarious and finally acted on it, or did an accidental death happen and get covered up, whether through drugs or a sexual mishap…..all just speculation regarding his meeting someone….
This is exactly the next question for me. If this theory is correct, what happened this time? Was it a situationship that was maintained over time by the other party to lead to a bad act eventually, or did it go wrong by chance on this occasion?

This is exactly the next question for me. If this theory is correct, what happened this time? Was it a situationship that was maintained over time by the other party to lead to a bad act eventually, or did it go wrong by chance on this occasion?
Maybe it was auto erotic asphyxiation that many engage in to enhance sexual arousal. Not just with partners, either. That's how the lead singer of INXS died and he was alone.

Maybe it was auto erotic asphyxiation that many engage in to enhance sexual arousal. Not just with partners, either. That's how the lead singer of INXS died and he was alone.
Yes, I’ve read about such cases. There were parents who thought it was suicide but due to other signs were told and came to realize it was auto erotic asphyxiation.

I compared the number of search warrants, preservation requests, subpoenas, and gigs of electronic data between April 1 and the start of May for this case.

I can confidently say there have been 5 additional subpoenas for electronic data in that period of time. Also that an additional 900 gigs of data was reviewed by Forensic Computer Examiners.

On April 1 there were 16 electronic search warrants written. By the start of May there were 37 search warrants to phone and internet providers. I am assuming these are also the type of search warrants that we can call "electronic search warrants".

The reporting on April 1 stated that over 70 preservation requests were submitted. By early May that number is more exact; 82 preservation requests to social media providers. 63 information requests were sent to Apple.

To me the increases in preservation requests, warrants, and subpoenas point to LE honing in on suspects. JMHO

Last edited:
I compared the number of search warrants, preservation requests, subpoenas, and gigs of electronic data between April 1 and the start of May for this case.

I can confidently say there have been 5 additional subpoenas for electronic data in that period of time. Also that an additional 900 gigs of data was reviewed by Forensic Computer Examiners.

On April 1 there were 16 electronic search warrants written. By the start of May there were 37 search warrants to phone and internet providers. I am assuming these are also the type of search warrants that we can call "electronic search warrants".

The reporting on April 1 stated that over 70 preservation requests were submitted. By early May that number is more exact; 82 preservation requests to social media providers. 63 information requests were sent to Apple.

To me the increases in preservation requests, warrants, and subpoenas point to LE honing in on suspects. JMHO

Fingers crossed.

Great list, thanks for posting.
For # 5— death by misadventure, are we talking about a purely accidental death? Examples— drug overdose, hit and run, accidental suffocation. If Caleb’s disappearance and/or death were purely accidental, I would think it would be very hard to cover all traces? ( of course we don’t know what LE might know)

At the moment, I am leaning more towards #4 — planned meet up. Maybe Caleb was somewhat suspicious about the encounter, and that is why he left keys and wallet at home. He didn’t want to be the target of a robbery.

I appreciate hearing all points of view, so really appreciate the opportunity to discuss.
# Death by misadventure, is what I would classify as accidental.

It is very possible that he put shoes on after he returned the dog to the apartment.

If there was a planned hookup, there would be some digital evidence, if not of this hookup, but at lease some previous ones. It is very unlikely that there was absolutely no digital evidence if CH had ever planned one.

I am quite naive about hookups etc. but wouldn't he have had to take his wallet to pay for this? MOO MOO MOO
A hookup does not imply paying for sex. It's a casual encounter without looking for a long term relationship.
It may just be two people who want to do it (sorry for being blunt), just do it and be done, no relationship no complications.

A hookup does not imply paying for sex. It's a casual encounter without looking for a long term relationship.
It may just be two people who want to do it (sorry for being blunt), just do it and be done, no relationship no complications.
Well said. Also if money was changing hands, Caleb could just have grabbed some cash from his wallet and brought that. I’m not sure if something like Venmo could be used for this?

Newest interview with 6 members of Caleb's family.
The witness under the overpass who said they saw him and the dog has been dispelled. She did not elaborate. Assistant chief Green told Jennifer Le is getting to a point where they have some direction on where they are looking. They are not at a brickwall yet. If they get to a brick wall they will make a release of information, when they think it will be helpful to the case. What they are sitting on now Will not be helpful to share at this point.

The witness under the overpass who said they saw him and the dog has been dispelled. She did not elaborate. Assistant chief Green told Jennifer Le is getting to a point where they have some direction on where they are looking. They are not at a brickwall yet. If they get to a brick wall they will make a release of information, when they think it will be helpful to the case. What they are sitting on now Will not be helpful to share at this point.
What does it mean to say a witness is dispelled? You mean discounted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX