TX TX - Julie Moseley, 9, Mary Trlica, 17, Lisa Wilson, 14, Fort Worth, 23 Dec 1974 #8

Im not 100% sure. Same as Im not sure it was his choice to delete the website
Very likely the fate of the website was accidental.
Obviously I have no idea how exactly the terms and conditions with their hosting provider was, but it could be as customer-unfriendly as one warning email with notification that domain ownership expires in 5 or 7 days and that could end up in spam folder easily.
Some domain providers are offering few additional days (could be 3, 7 tops) when it's still possible to pay and keep the domain (hosting is where files and data are stored, domain is like websleuths.com - the online address). Some, not all.
Then, in the matter of seconds predatory bots are buying that domain in order to prevent people from getting it at reasonable price (which is usually like 10-25$/month or bit more nowadays) so the predatory company can sell them that domain back for completely crazy price - like 10.000$ (or more, much more).

Im still a bit suspicious about where DJ came from. The likelihood RA just plucked the one pi out the yellow pages who not only had worked the case from the beginning, but also matched the craziness that has been the RA investigation just seems pretty small. Like alot of other things involving this case I don't think we have been told the whole story
Don't forget that nobody seems to be able to confirm that he did ANY freelance PI job ever or find that ad.
Many family members were speaking very highely of Swaim. Then Swaim died. And then what? 20 years with no other PI conntacted by any of the family members till RA decided to look for an ad in late 90's?

It is the complete opposite to me but to me shows a person who let's her LOOPS go at times. Just my opinion but in Rachel a loop was added to the "E" and in see an "E" was added to the loop OR the person stops with the pen making a spot and then makes the loop.
She may be the person who let's her loops go at times (I'd suspect that it's gonna happen to anyone who has any loops in their handwriting and writes few pages of text without 100% focus on keeping their calligraphy in check) but no loose loops in the note.
Just my opinion but in Rachel a loop was added to the "E" and in see an "E" was added to the loop OR the person stops with the pen making a spot and then makes the loop.
I agree. But that leaves us with simillar looking results of two different actions...

Very likely the fate of the website was accidental.
Obviously I have no idea how exactly the terms and conditions with their hosting provider was, but it could be as customer-unfriendly as one warning email with notification that domain ownership expires in 5 or 7 days and that could end up in spam folder easily.
Some domain providers are offering few additional days (could be 3, 7 tops) when it's still possible to pay and keep the domain (hosting is where files and data are stored, domain is like websleuths.com - the online address). Some, not all.
Then, in the matter of seconds predatory bots are buying that domain in order to prevent people from getting it at reasonable price (which is usually like 10-25$/month or bit more nowadays) so the predatory company can sell them that domain back for completely crazy price - like 10.000$ (or more, much more).
The old website is still there BUT RA deleted a LOT of stuff from it. The person that took it over made RA an administrator and RA deleted a bunch of stuff. When the new owner saw what was going on he was kicked out.

The old website is still there BUT RA deleted a LOT of stuff from it. The person that took it over made RA an administrator and RA deleted a bunch of stuff. When the new owner saw what was going on he was kicked out.
Oh.

I thought that something might have come out between them all that made RA change his opinion towards DA because there was some real nasty goings on between them all that I would imagine would be difficult to move on from, even for family. Also I found it hard to imagine RA accepting anyone telling him anything that he didn't agree with!
My other thought was did he use the writing analysis as a way of pretending all is good between them so he could be around DA again and maybe get information from her, but again I can't imagine him keeping his cool so long.
Whatever happened it was a big 180
From reading the articles and listening to the podcasts, I don't picture RA as the patient, calculating type. If he's made peace with DA, I feel it's because either Mama made him do it, or he's been persuaded that Sis is innocent (IMO).

Wasn't RA asked by FWPD to refrain from posting things, as it hindered their investigation (or something to that effect)?

From reading the articles and listening to the podcasts, I don't picture RA as the patient, calculating type. If he's made peace with DA, I feel it's because either Mama made him do it, or he's been persuaded that Sis is innocent (IMO).
Well you are right there, I don't think he is one for playing cards close to his chest! I think thats what makes their sudden reconciliation so odd because you would think if something came to light that pointed in another direction he wouldn't have been able to keep it to himself. But then I don't think I'll ever be able to understand what goes on in RA's mind!

Well you are right there, I don't think he is one for playing cards close to his chest! I think thats what makes their sudden reconciliation so odd because you would think if something came to light that pointed in another direction he wouldn't have been able to keep it to himself. But then I don't think I'll ever be able to understand what goes on in RA's mind!

It's possible he got hit with a cease and desist letter or something. I remember hearing quite a few people question the funds that RA raised and how it was being spent so it could also be possible some of that caught up with him. He was so many places doing so many things and saying all this stuff it's just really hard to tell.

It's possible he got hit with a cease and desist letter or something. I remember hearing quite a few people question the funds that RA raised and how it was being spent so it could also be possible some of that caught up with him.
Very possible. It would be an awful irony, if he had IRS problems over this, after all his parents went through years ago...

Rephrase a comment. Kicked as an Administrator. He's still a member of the old group along with his wife and kids and relatives.

I'm under impression that he's "my way or no way" type, and he loses it easily if something is going against his will.
It's hard for me to se the Mama being the one who's pulling all/his strings cause I saw few interviews with her from the time when RA was going strong against his sister and FA seemed to be pretty heartbroken over it and kinda like helpless in this.

That's why it's so hard for me to buy the theory that A's family went all for covering for DA (or DA & TT).
Let's say that they did... that would make them 100% aware what happened, where, who done what, who could end up as the whitness testifying against their scheme.
That kind of knowledge mixed with good amount of negligence from the LE and ability to shut down and pretty much control other families, not allowing cops to interfere much with their scenarios, not allowing any unsuspicious PI's - this is like the perfect storm in which not even the brightest bulbs should be able to convince everyone to not look into DA's direction.
Yet she's the main focus of everyone. She was made into main suspect, the one who surely knows something in the entangled web of insanity that doesn't seem to have solving this case as the main goal. Seems like creating even more mess and getting attention is the goal. But why?
Easiest explanation seems to be that it's for the benefit of the perp. TT and his family aren't involved that much in the mess or with those who are creating it. DA & FA doesn't seem to benefit that much. I mean... yeah, staying out of prison is a good benefit, considering possibility of DA's involvement, but if so, this all is pretty damaging way of getting it. And it's not like RA is pulling the strings cause he was just 11 then. So it's more like someone who was able to get a LOT of FA's approval and trust right away, yet managed to kept himself out of the spotlight somehow.

If it's not a gossip or mistake (it's been a while since I've read it somewhere and I can't even tell where it was) that A's neighbours had a teenage daughter who was supposed to go shopping with the girls, yet refused last moment (and that would explain why Rachel would go and ask FA to go shopping - if it wasn't her plan at all, and she showed up to pick the other girl, but that girl refused, yet mom showed up on the porch... that would be a reasonable moment to ask her to go, while hoping/knowing that she almost certainly won't go) to help her mother with the party, same mother who's the reason why A's whereabouts on that day are in doubt, also wife of a guy who provided A's with all the revelations about Melvin, joined the search with Renee's dad.
At this point I'm just waiting for some mention that oh, coincidentally he was also good friend of JS and/or DJ.

That's why it's so hard for me to buy the theory that A's family went all for covering for DA (or DA & TT).
Let's say that they did... that would make them 100% aware what happened, where, who done what, who could end up as the whitness testifying against their scheme.
That kind of knowledge mixed with good amount of negligence from the LE and ability to shut down and pretty much control other families, not allowing cops to interfere much with their scenarios, not allowing any unsuspicious PI's - this is like the perfect storm in which not even the brightest bulbs should be able to convince everyone to not look into DA's direction.
Yet she's the main focus of everyone. She was made into main suspect, the one who surely knows something in the entangled web of insanity that doesn't seem to have solving this case as the main goal. Seems like creating even more mess and getting attention is the goal. But why?
Easiest explanation seems to be that it's for the benefit of the perp. TT and his family aren't involved that much in the mess or with those who are creating it. DA & FA doesn't seem to benefit that much. I mean... yeah, staying out of prison is a good benefit, considering possibility of DA's involvement, but if so, this all is pretty damaging way of getting it. And it's not like RA is pulling the strings cause he was just 11 then. So it's more like someone who was able to get a LOT of FA's approval and trust right away, yet managed to kept himself out of the spotlight somehow.

If it's not a gossip or mistake (it's been a while since I've read it somewhere and I can't even tell where it was) that A's neighbours had a teenage daughter who was supposed to go shopping with the girls, yet refused last moment (and that would explain why Rachel would go and ask FA to go shopping - if it wasn't her plan at all, and she showed up to pick the other girl, but that girl refused, yet mom showed up on the porch... that would be a reasonable moment to ask her to go, while hoping/knowing that she almost certainly won't go) to help her mother with the party, same mother who's the reason why A's whereabouts on that day are in doubt, also wife of a guy who provided A's with all the revelations about Melvin, joined the search with Renee's dad.
At this point I'm just waiting for some mention that oh, coincidentally he was also good friend of JS and/or DJ.
I'm a bit confused. Are you speculating that the neighbor guy is the perp, or the missing link between the P.I.s and the case?

Did they ever reached for help from real PI, experienced with dealing with cold cases and missing people? There are retired investigators who are willing to help families for free, even with decades old cold cases.
Were these an option at that time, in that area?
Cause having those two weirdos - Swaim who contacted them first and was doing his weird things for free
I'd understood RW hired JS.
, and James who was working with Swaim from the 70's and who's joined their efforts in mysterious circumstances - is just odd.
That whole situation has "odd" written all over it...
According to  Wishyouknew (thread 6, pg 12, post 240): DJ had not worked on the case from the beginning, and had not worked for JS.
My question is could DJ have  mentored JS (or vice versa) in the "detective business", and somehow this case was a part of that?

Last edited:
I'm a bit confused. Are you speculating that the neighbor guy is the perp, or the missing link between the P.I.s and the case?
I'm speculating that someone like that could influence a lot in this case. I don't know enough about the neighbour or other friends and acquaintances of the CA&FA, but those bits of info about him are making the neighbour look at least as suspicious as DA&TT (but he may be just another person influenced by the perp, if there was someone else like that very close to him, RW & CA).

Were these an option at that time, in that area?
No idea, but these options are around for quite a few years, and it doesn't look like it has been done.
I'd understood RW hired JS.
I understood that they were making it as clear as possible, on multiple occasions that JS is doing it for free, and started to do it for free just as RA was ready to pay and looked for an investigator. Picking random ad in local newspaper.
That whole situation has "odd" written all over it...
Well, maybe this whole Fort Worth, Arlington & Dallas area had just two PI's and there was no chance to get someone not tied to the other one. Which sounds absolutely crazy to me, cause FW alone has over 1000 cold cases, Dallas probably much, much more, countless amount of missing people, crimes, burglaries, murders, quite decent percentage of wealthy people and even some polygraph businesses - that sounds like a place where few dozens of PI's and retired investigators could earn a good living by doing consulting and PI's jobs.

According to  Wishyouknew (thread 6, pg 12, post 240): DJ had not worked on the case from the beginning, and had not worked for JS.
My question is could DJ have  mentored JS (or vice versa) in the "detective business", and somehow this case was a part of that?
Oh, there was no claim that DJ worked for JS, but possibly with (careful wording).
Not sure if someone working as PI and holding government job through that was allowed to do some freelance on the side (possibly no issue, possibly big issue, I just have no clue of the legal arrangements there).
If anything, JS would be the one giving tips to DJ. They could know each other thanks to some interactions they made during their other jobs, or possibly JS could have something to do with the school/training that DJ went through before getting his qualifications. But that would be years prior to the disappearance and wouldn't really explain much.

I understood that they were making it as clear as possible, on multiple occasions that JS is doing it for free, and started to do it for free just as RA was ready to pay and looked for an investigator. Picking random ad in local newspaper.
I thought that was DJ...

I thought that was DJ...
Sorry, at some point I'm getting lost with all the initials.
JS was claiming left and right that he's doing it for free and putting his own money up for reward (no mistake here, they were both doing or claiming to do exactly the same)
Unless its some local custom for to poblically pretend that they're working for free - if so, I'm unfamiliar with it.

If it's not a local custom though, I can see only few reasons for PI to work for free:
- to advertise their PI business and get recognition (doesn't seem to be the case),
- to help people in need - but it's only possible if there are other sources of income to pay for their living, bills and investigatigation's costs (possible)
But you know y'all what seems to be the most common motivation?
Cause it's done for a friend, friend-of-a-friend (at worst) or family member.

Any chance that Renee's dad knew JS prior to the disappearance?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
esig
Back