UK, death of an 8 month baby In a nursery, Cheadle Stockport, 9 May 2022, ‘arrests’

Last edited:
Oh yes, I understand now thank you. That looks fine if the baby is on its back, but no one in their right mind would put a baby in face down never mind leaving her for 90 minuites that way.
What an avoidable tradgedy :(
I understand better now too, so thanks for asking.

I agree, nobody in their right mind could possibly think putting a baby face down in that position would be safe. I can't even imagine an adult with no experience with babies and no qualification as a childcare worker thinking this would be a safe position. And then strapping poor little Gigi onto the beanbag so she ended up struggling trying to save herself. I'm so sad for this baby and her family.

Rest in peace, sweet darling little baby girl.

Am I reading the ofsted report correctly but to me it looks like they re opened after Gigi’s death and had three further inspections even appealing the decision for one of them but then they suddenly close it before any decision was made and head off to France tout suite ?
They absolutely MUST share blame in this tragedy and I’m wondering if they were called as witnesses in this as I haven’t heard MSM mention it.
Unbelievable!

Am I reading the ofsted report correctly but to me it looks like they re opened after Gigi’s death and had three further inspections even appealing the decision for one of them but then they suddenly close it before any decision was made and head off to France tout suite ?
They absolutely MUST share blame in this tragedy and I’m wondering if they were called as witnesses in this as I haven’t heard MSM mention it.
Unbelievable!
Yes I saw that too. Good point. Why weren't they called as witnesses?

Yes I saw that too. Good point. Why weren't they called as witnesses?
I'm guessing it's because they weren't there - and probably (IMO) were never there. They just saw childcare as a lucrative business, where you can charge extortionate fees and pay staff peanuts - country estates in Cheadle aren't cheap to run :mad:

I wonder who was in charge of reviewing the daily CCTV. Not all of it, obviously, but a spot check of a few random points of each day would have been illuminating I suspect. No point having it if no-one ever checks it IMO

"Roughley put Genevieve in
'mortal danger'
as she was 'banished' to the bean bag
for earlier not sleeping long enough for her liking,
the court heard.

She was subjected to
'rough handling',
said the prosecution,
by Roughley,
who called her 'stress head' and on one occasion told her:

'Genevieve go home.
Do you have to be so loud and constant?
Change the record'.

Roughley sang to her
'stop whingeing'
and
'Genevieve go home. Please, I’m even asking nicely.
You are driving me bananas and I’m not wearing pyjamas'."

:oops:

I have a very good friend who ran a private nursery not a million miles away from Tiny Toes for over 20 years. She sold it just before Covid as it was just too much for her. She had a brilliant manager and staff and it was classed as outstanding, she was there a lot of the time and she was across everything. There is NO WAY the owners didn’t know what was going on there. The amount of paperwork was immense.
They knew they just clearly didn’t care enough.

Where I live ...

Who supervises the private nursery?

- The commune head,
- mayor
- or president of the city

competent for the place where the nursery or children's club is run,
or where the day care provider provides care,

supervises

the nursery,
children's club and day care provider
in terms of the conditions and quality of the care provided.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonsuli
Back