Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Behind an abandoned home -- just eight miles from where Hannah Graham was last seen -- they found a skull and bones scattered across a creek bed, he told a local television station

"It was not buried, and its location was not far from the road," he told the station. "There was not any crushing of any bones. As far as skull, everything looked to be in tact to me."

Nearby was a pair of black pants, similar to ones Graham was wearing.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/20/us/hannah-graham-disappearance/index.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_topstories+%28RSS%3A+Top+Stories%29
Sorry if it's already been posted...

I'm having trouble visualizing this location. Didn't we hear that she was found near the road?

The creek the remains was found in behind the 3193 Old Lynchburg property is called the Ammonett Branch. Here it is on Google Maps:

Untitled66.png

Here is a closer view:

Untitled68.jpg

It may be that the interview with the Chesterfield detective was intentionally staged and scripted by LE to play for Jesse Matthew in front of witnesses, professional psychologists and other qualified observers, both in the room and outside of his view to observe his response. A black detective about the same age as JLM and speaking of God's guidance, might elicit the most revealing response.

It is important to see how the news of finding the body affects the suspect.

Also, from the response of Jim Camblos, the attorney for the suspect, indicate Matthew did not reveal its location.

JMO

ITA!

If LE has any indication that JM believes he is doing God's work (ie Fairfax victim was Muslim, MH and HG could be seen as "loose." Not that they were, just how JM could be justifying it to himself) then this was a brilliant move.

I'm now thinking we probably can't take anything said in that interview as fact.

MOO

It's funny you should say this, because I think LE intentionally overtly followed him from the police station and let him "get away" so JM would think just that. I think they were hoping he would lead them to Hannah or others. But I don't beleive they ever let JM out of their sight. There is just no way! I also think "Karen" was a little too fabricated. What are the chances a lady on the beach in Texas happened to see him right after the forensics came back and they were able to issue the abduction without intent to defile warrant? :rolleyes:

I really want this to be true. It does make sense. I feel much better thinking that the VSP did not lose him driving a sentra. It seemed that for a while there they believed that she was alive and that they thought he would go back to where she was. jmo idk

ITA!

If LE has any indication that JM believes he is doing God's work (ie Fairfax victim was Muslim, MH and HG could be seen as "loose." Not that they were, just how JM could be justifying it to himself) then this was a brilliant move.

I'm now thinking we probably can't take anything said in that interview as fact.

MOO

A staged/scripted interview does NOT necessarily mean false statements were made. The staging/scripting was probably intentionally having a black officer JLM's age describe the condition of the body and refer to the feelings he may have really had, that God impressed on him to keep searching. This content would have been on a psychologists check list for maximum emotional impact for JLM. His response would have been carefully observed as he watched this video segment.

A staged/scripted interview does NOT necessarily mean false statements were made. The staging/scripting was probably intentionally having a black officer JLM's age describe the condition of the body and refer to the feelings he may have really had, that God impressed on him to keep searching. This content would have been on a psychologists check list for maximum emotional impact for JLM. His response would have been carefully observed as he watched this video segment.

Shades of Casey Anthony and how she reacted to the 2 different child's body discoveries. Perhaps? Anything's possible, I guess. Maybe we'll find out someday...

p.s. Casey's reaction scenario deal was not done intentionally by LE, though.

p.p.s. Wait, now that I think back more though, I think that the second observation of her reaction to the real discovery was done on purpose.

If this was staged, (as recently presented as a possibility in a post upstream), then kudos to LE for being smart enough to do whatever they think they need to do to reel this in, imo. It has to be about good strategy in these cases.

And, if he made a mistake, then that sucks, but I just can not throw any blame at him because he found Hannah. He found her, with his own eyes, and own physical efforts out there...I agree the integrity of the case is vital, especially for trial purposes, but if he made a mistake, he deserves a break in this instance. jmo. Hopefully there are a gazillion other pieces of evidence to guarantee a guilty verdict... I just feel bad for him, that's all...

Chief Longo is a very smart man - a lawyer and former prosecutor who also did police work - probably one of the best qualified and obviously one of the most compassionate, determined Police Chiefs I have ever seen. Very impressive.

I love the way the police have intentionally handled information - both giving and withholding evidence as they deem necessary - that's why I believe LE had the young officer do the interview describing his 'find'.

Remember - both lawyers and criminologists take psychology classes to prepare for interrogation. They both train to know how to maximally impact a suspect or witness.

Longo knows stuff from both angles.

He's not likely to drop the ball and lose this case due to stupid mistakes or dishonesty.

JMO

I just read a post that said Hannah's body was found in a creek bed behind the abandoned house, but I could've sworn the initial reports said she was found in the house.

Does anyone know which one is accurate?

Chief Longo is a very smart man - a lawyer and former prosecutor who also did police work - probably one of the best qualified and obviously one of the most compassionate, determined Police Chiefs I have ever seen. Very impressive.

I love the way the police have intentionally handled information - both giving and withholding evidence as they deem necessary - that's why I believe LE had the young officer do the interview describing his 'find'.

Remember - both lawyers and criminologists take psychology classes to prepare for interrogation. They both train to know how to maximally impact a suspect or witness.

He's not likely to drop the ball and lose this case due to stupid mistakes or dishonesty.

JMO

Chief Longo does have a law degree, but he never was a prosecutor. I think you are confusing this with JM's lawyer, who was a long-time prosecutor.

"Chief Longo is a 25-year veteran of law enforcement and is nationally-recognized in the area of police ethics and professional standards. He holds a law degree from the University of Baltimore and was admitted to the Maryland Bar in 1993. From 1981-2000, Longo served on the Baltimore police force, where he commanded several divisions and retired as Colonel in charge of Technical Services. Since 2001 he has served as Chief of Police for the City of Charlottesville, Virginia." http://www.fraziergroupllc.com/experts/timothy-j-longo-sr-chief-of-police/

JMO

Good stuff!

The creek the remains was found in behind the 3193 Old Lynchburg property is called the Ammonett Branch. Here it is on Google Maps:

View attachment 61718

Here is a closer view:

View attachment 61719

Jumping off your post, FWIW: (any useful information about the area):

http://www.mybirdmaps.com/topo-maps/US-birding-locations/Virginia/Virginia-Streams/Albemarle/Alberene/Ammonett-Branch/

Also, Ammonett Branch USGS Alberene Quad, Virginia, Topographic Map:
http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lon=-78.6202929&lat=37.9087523&datum=nad83

I guess LE has everything they need for now...(other than any additional relevant first hand tips)...I don't think they need my topographic map or fishing spot analysis, lol.

Sending positive thoughts to Hannah's family.

:eek:fftobed:

That guy hasn't even SEEN what was found...he is pure speculating.
There is no telling what soft tissue may still remain...one man's bone may be more graphic than another man's. Some how I highly doubt the bones/skull found are completely bleached out and as 'pristine' as the skeletal models hanging in an anatomy classroom. Now if it IS determined the remains are not Hannah's, well then....

may be graphic for some readers
http://www.sarti.us/sarti/files/SearchForHumanRemains.pdf
pg 11 & 12 are interesting

Agreed.

The two reports seemed very interesting in terms of what the neighbors said about the "abandoned" houses and neighbors who knew him. Sorry if you've heard them before, but I just had a chance to go through all of them and they stood out.

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/1...y-wooded-area-of-albemarle-county-108235.html
"Eerie vibe"

http://wvtf.org/post/albemarle-county-neighbors-react-death-investigation
The perp's driving and the "he knew everything around here, where to go, what to do. He knew where to go."
very interesting

The two reports seemed very interesting in terms of what the neighbors said about the "abandoned" houses and neighbors who knew him. Sorry if you've heard them before, but I just had a chance to go through all of them and they stood

The perp's driving and the "he knew everything around here, where to go, what to do. He knew where to go."

So Jesse used to be back in that area with his Cab all the time.

Makes sense to me!

The two reports seemed very interesting in terms of what the neighbors said about the "abandoned" houses and neighbors who knew him. Sorry if you've heard them before, but I just had a chance to go through all of them and they stood out.

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/1...y-wooded-area-of-albemarle-county-108235.html
"Eerie vibe"

sorry, deleted original as I meant to post it with this Laura French's report from tonight Heroine had posted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsRadcliffe