Zach Adams on trial for the kidnapping and murder of Holly Bobo- Sept 15 & 16, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait how do people know what SA's testimony was going to be? Was he telling people what he was going to say before he died? Surely that's conjecture.

Wait how do people know what SA's testimony was going to be? Was he telling people what he was going to say before he died? Surely that's conjecture.

IIRC, he did agree to testify in exchange for immunity but then changed his mind and refused to cooperate anymore. And so he 'lost' his immunity deal. And then he supposedly killed himself---although some have doubts it was really a suicide.

I think it is quite possible that there were leaks about what his initial testimony was going to be.

Very very informative old article:

The body of Shayne Austin was found in a hotel room in Bartow, Florida, on Monday, said Sgt. Eric Sherouse, a detective with the Bartow police department. Sherouse said Austin was hanged.

Sherouse said there is no sign of foul play and evidence points to Austin committing suicide. An autopsy will determine the official cause of death.

and this:

Austin was involved in a legal battle about an immunity agreement in the investigation into the kidnapping and murder of Holly Bobo. .....

Two men, Zachary Adams and Jason Autry, have been charged with murder and kidnapping in the case. Adams' brother, John Dylan Adams, has been charged with raping Bobo.

Austin had denied any involvement in Bobo's disappearance and death and was never charged.

and also:

The agreement hinged on Bobo's body being recovered from the place where Austin said it was buried. It also included a provision granting Austin immunity for drug-related criminal activity "not to include any drugs administered to Holly Lynn Bobo."

Prosecutors later revoked the agreement with Austin, saying he wasn't truthful or cooperative with them and had not complied with the agreement.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/new...15/02/27/shayne-austin-found-hanged/24115817/

[ Mods, this was a long article....I only quoted a small portion------but these old articles frequently disappear and I really wanted a record of this vital info]

The 'they' that Dinsmore testified to in regards to trying to snatch his daughter was the Piercy (sp?) brothers. The defense was able to clarify that later in his testimony. (Day 5 part 2 at the 39:20 mark of his testimony)

[video=youtube;mYbTmGn2fig]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYbTmGn2fig[/video]

I just stumbled upon something very interesting about the Pearcy brothers:

"Zach Adams’ younger brother, Dylan, is charged with evidence tampering in the Bobo case. Jason Wayne Autry has been indicted on charges of aggravated kidnapping and first-degree murder, while brothers Jeffrey and Mark Pearcy are charged with tampering with evidence and accessory after the fact."

Read More: Whitney Duncan Reacts to Death of Holly Bobo Murder Witness | http://tasteofcountry.com/whitney-duncan-holly-bobo-murder-key-witness-suicide/?trackback=tsmclip

Lots to read again this morning! :pcguru:

SteveS said:
It's unclear if the def atty even has a clue how big an issue this could be. The state has built a case about HB being stalked and grabbed, while (unless I have misread it completely, because I didn't yet get to watch this live) the story of their star witness (whose story must be true, to have a case) is saying she was only collateral to some "meth-making class" that Clint wanted to enroll in. This part of the story casts doubt on everything, but the state is more or less acting like it's a lie, yet they can't have it both ways when it comes to JA's credibility.

Anyone recall that the Judge said - right before this testimony - to "not take this for the truth" since it was ZA who said it??

Plumeria5 said:
Question: Who do you think abducted Holly in the carport?
A. SA
B. ZA
C. Someone else
Katydid said:
I think SA could have? And Zach was in the truck? Or vice versa...?

I'll have to agree with this! I do believe SA was with ZA that morning; Dylan could have been waiting in the truck (in the back seat).

oh good thought!
Plumeria5 said:
I think ZA called the shots and SA was the follower. SA abducted HB in the carport at ZA's commands so that if anything went awry ZA could just drive off leaving SA to be the fall guy.

Yes, ZA was the ring leader - and I could see him driving off leaving SA there....

Does anyone have a quote from CB of the description of the person, besides wearing camo?? Height, weight, etc? Ah - just read that post on what Clint saw. Then yes, it could have been SA.

jggordo said:
snipped....
I believe much of Jason's testimony. Allowances made for leaving things out that reflect badly for him. He has seen the discovery, he knows what is there. When challenged by the defense he went along with most of it and she let him. She testified for him really and just allowed him to agree.

Paraphrasing.... If your records reflect that, I agree! :lol:

I'm thinking they would have kept Holly for days had they not thought they OD'ed her....

Thanks for the lively discussion here! :wave:

I think adults who are long past their teenage years, like decades past, have no idea the pervasiveness of drugs and are shocked when reality hits. Suddenly small town memories of decades gone by are upended. Some areas are known to have massive drug problems, even the small town I grew up in in the northeast has gone that way, and I haven't lived there since I was 18.

Evil cannot be explained only by looking at drugs. And I daresay, evil may not be easily explainable at all. So all one can do is go by actions taken. And the bottomline is 3 men, possibly more, were part of a crime involving kidnapping, rape, murder, and obstruction. The connection between the person on trial and the victim has been established through technology, witness statements, even statements allegedly made by the defendant himself.

To believe this defendant is not guilty means you have to ignore every bit of evidence and testimony that has come in so far, means you have to believe someone else was in possession of the defendant's cell phone during the day of the kidnapping, and you'd have to believe for some reason the defendant decided to talk about his own involvement to friends and then believe he was just making it up.

responding to the bbm

She said she doesn't remember him going to bed, but she remembers him waking her up around 6-7:30 a.m. on the day Holly Bobo disappeared.

She said she saw Zach again that afternoon when he came to her work. She said they got into an argument again. She said she accused Zach of cheating on her. She said she thought he was cheating because he had his brother's (Dylan's) phone.

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story/36343692/bobo-trial-day-2-defense-prepares-cross-examination

Not sure why it would be expected that Shayne Austin, who committed suicide in 2015, would be a part of ZA's trial. Looking at SA's phone pings would only illuminate SA's whereabouts or at least where his phone was during the days examined, but the pings wouldn't tell where ZA was or what ZA was doing. Only ZA's phone pings and testimony about ZA's whereabouts, actions and statements can show where ZA was.

For sake of argument, let's say that Shayne Austin was the one who was at the Bobo house that morning and let's say he is the one who took Holly and walked her into the woods. Holly's kidnapping continued throughout the time she was alive. Anyone who was in her presence and prevented her from leaving of her own free will could be charged with kidnapping and could be found guilty under the law, it would not only apply to the person who took her.

Same with Holly's death. Didn't require that all persons involved shoot her with a gun or personally cause her death to be charged with her murder.

TN Title 39 statute "Acting in concert" covers this, where there is more than 1 perp involved.
Tennessee Code Title 39. Criminal Offenses § 39-12-302 | FindLaw

I think this A-train are all drug-addicted psychopaths, with no regard at all for human life. Not even each other's. They are like rattle snakes in a bag, biting each other if crossed. I have sort of lost track of some of Dylan's background story, so I'm not quite sure if we're giving Dylan more sympathy than he deserves or not. What does anyone remember about him? I remember the comment about Zack passing him around the room like a party favor to get them "ready" to rape Holly. But, Lordy, how many people does that suggest were there? More than just Dylan, Zack and Shayne? If so, who else?

I, too, am vastly relieved Holly's abduction did not go on for days, as we had feared. Having said that, I'm a little confused by the pings and have found myself wondering at what point they were in one place long enough to actually rape her and think they had killed her.

After sleeping on it a few days, I believe almost everything Jason Autry testified to. Not because he's any sort of fine person, but because of the various bits of corroborating evidence that confirms what he said. Do I think it's possible he was more involved that he admits to? Yes, I do, although I think the cell phone records seem to support him not being involved in her kidnapping and rape. Or at least not in her kidnapping. I do think it's possible he also raped her before helping dispose of her body. That would certainly explain his concern with her being alive and having heard his voice and perhaps name.

I am totally astounded at the idea of impulsively helping someone dump a dead body for no apparent reason. And agreeing to kill Dylan for the vague possibility of a reward when the grandfather died. More testimony, I suppose, as to how depraved this whole bunch really was and still is. And, of course, that's another reason I could be convinced that JA was involved in her rape, at least. If you're ok with helping dump a body and killing Dylan, why not just go ahead and participate in the rape you stumbled upon?

As I wrote this, little bits of contradictory information kept popping into my head. It's almost like the Kennedy assassination! Like Dylan saying he saw Holly Bobo sitting in Zack's house. Or Shayne saying he knew where she was "buried" when clearly she was dumped like so much garbage. This must be more of the rattlesnake thing, where they turned on each other to save themselves. Dylan blaming Zack, and Shayne trying to pretend he had nothing to do with anything, and only knew where she was buried. Shayne's lies caught up with him and, deservedly so, the state withdrew their deal with him.

I watch a lot of Homicide Hunter, and remember Lt Joe talking about how people lie about everything and only give up the truth in bits. I think this group has been like that: It wasn't me! I had nothing to do with it. Well, I saw her, but I didn't touch her. Okay, well, I helped dispose of her body, but I didn't hurt her. etc.

Thanks for listening. :) I hope someone remembers more about Dylan's background than I do.

What types of evidence can link a perp to a victim and/or to a place?

Direct evidence:
- Confession by the person ("I was there")
- Eyewitness ("I was there and I saw him there" or "I was with him and we were both there" or "I saw her with him")
- Video of the scene showing the person at a certain place at a certain time.

Circumstantial evidence:
- Cell phone ping of the person's phone that shows them in the area
- GPS data that shows them or their vehicle in the area
- Statements told to someone else ("he told me he was there")
- Statements overheard and/or witness to a conversation ("they were fighting and they said "....")
- Spontaneous utterances by the person ("I didn't mean to do it" or "I used to have a gun just like that")
- Any forensic evidence (blood, hair, DNA, footprints, fingerprints, etc)
- Other physical evidence (fibers, items from victim in person's house or car or on them or near them, etc)
- The body of the victim, where the body is found

I guess I'm missing some point, but how does ZA using DA's phone to call or text her make Rebecca think ZA is cheating on her? Or is she trying to help ZA by throwing in doubt that he was with his phone that morning making the jury possibly think the pings aren't that important? I am also inclined to think that JA did the same with throwing in about ZA going to teach CB to make meth - hoping to make the jury think this was not premeditated

Many have probably seen this but as someone who did not follow all the many years of lead up to this case I found this interview interesting http://www.wsmv.com/clip/13468351/channel-4-special-into-the-woods-the-holly-bobo-mystery

Have not seen any family of Zach and Cindy Adams is interviewed...could not help but note what an elaborate and expensive looking home she has. For me just trying to get all sides here to gain some perspective. I assume she is in the court room daily.

I guess I'm missing some point, but how does ZA using DA's phone to call or text her make Rebecca think ZA is cheating on her? Or is she trying to help ZA by throwing in doubt that he was with his phone that morning making the jury possibly think the pings aren't that important? I am also inclined to think that JA did the same with throwing in about ZA going to teach CB to make meth - hoping to make the jury think this was not premeditated

Just a point that Rebecca was a witness for prosecution not defense. She was pretty clear she wasn't going to "help him out" with hiding the truth about anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<modsnip>

The 'they' that Dinsmore testified to in regards to trying to snatch his daughter was the Piercy (sp?) brothers. The defense was able to clarify that later in his testimony. (Day 5 part 2 at the 39:20 mark of his testimony)

[video=youtube;mYbTmGn2fig]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYbTmGn2fig[/video]

Thank you, Rocco. Nice clip response.

Now that we know the DNA on the panties that were found did not match Bobo's....oh, wait, or do we??

That "throw the panties out" came in Friday's testimony from TBI Agent Booth.

So that is troubling .....the previous testimony below given on Day 2:

Same linked article above by Harmony2:

http://m.wmcactionnews5.com/story/36343692/bobo-trial-day-2-defense-prepares-cross-examination

Quote from the article by TBI agent Lawrence James - see the 2nd paragraph below:

"Ultimately, James said there were 50-60 drops of blood in the garage. He grouped these into five areas and observed them.

From there, he matched the blood against the underwear and got a partial match for Holly Bobo.

He said the DNA match was partial due to the interference of dirt, but he emphasized that it was still a reliable match.

James ran the DNA three times; one test had his DNA in it (meaning the sample was compromised in the lab), which he said has happened to him just twice in his 18 years of work."

What on earth? So somehow he got a DNA match there but Friday, Day 5 of Trial, that was contradicted entirely by that other TBI agent Booth who the defense cross-examined and this came out:

I will make it easy for you: check this testimony out....actually the link isn't working for replay, but it is Fox 13. Won't pop up on the web but all the testimony re-play does pop up on the app.

FOX13 video - Day 5, Part 2, Minute 36 is where this few minute testimony is given where he holds up the pink panties.

Booth basically says the DNA on the panties are a combination of a couple people.

Curious ---this came out as a cross examine of DEFENSE. So I am curious if prosecution will try to get to the bottom of this with another witness dispute or an actual lab tester or something. They may decide not to touch it and they have other strong points to focus on.

This contradiction is interesting none the less. Both agents were with TBI declaring the exact opposite of one another on the stand.

Now that we know the DNA on the panties that were found did not match Bobo's....oh, wait, or do we??

That "throw the panties out" came in Friday's testimony from TBI Agent Booth.

So that is troubling .....the previous testimony below given on Day 2:

Same linked article above by Harmony2:

http://m.wmcactionnews5.com/story/36343692/bobo-trial-day-2-defense-prepares-cross-examination

Quote from the article by TBI agent Lawrence James - see the 2nd paragraph below:

"Ultimately, James said there were 50-60 drops of blood in the garage. He grouped these into five areas and observed them.

From there, he matched the blood against the underwear and got a partial match for Holly Bobo.

He said the DNA match was partial due to the interference of dirt, but he emphasized that it was still a reliable match.

James ran the DNA three times; one test had his DNA in it (meaning the sample was compromised in the lab), which he said has happened to him just twice in his 18 years of work."

What on earth? So somehow he got a DNA match there but Friday, Day 5 of Trial, that was contradicted entirely by that other TBI agent Booth who the defense cross-examined and this came out:

I will make it easy for you: check this testimony out....actually the link isn't working for replay, but it is Fox 13. Won't pop up on the web but all the testimony re-play does pop up on the app.

FOX13 video - Day 5, Part 2, Minute 36 is where this few minute testimony is given where he holds up the pink panties.

Booth basically says the DNA on the panties are a combination of a couple people.

Curious ---this came out as a cross examine of DEFENSE. So I am curious if prosecution will try to get to the bottom of this with another witness dispute or an actual lab tester or something. They may decide not to touch it and they have other strong points to focus on.

This contradiction is interesting none the less. Both agents were with TBI declaring the exact opposite of one another on the stand.

To clarify the above - agent Booth stated that the DNA was NOT a match for Holly Bobo but had DNA from a couple people who he did not identify.

Dylan had no prior convictions for deadly crimes. Jason however, in his testimony, implied he's a murderer. He described the bloated dead body he saw.. he made reference to 'gutting' Holly. He talked like he was real experienced. He offered to help with disposing of her body.
I don't recall hearing testimony where SA has implicated himself as a murderer. I don't recall SA killed that body in the swamp. I thought he said he had seen a floating corpse upon his arrival to said swamp. Then SA testified he attempted to help dispose of HB but once he saw movement (foot move) and heard a gasp ZA then shot HB

I don't recall hearing testimony where SA has implicated himself as a murderer. I don't recall SA killed that body in the swamp. I thought he said he had seen a floating corpse upon his arrival to said swamp. Then SA testified he attempted to help dispose of HB but once he saw movement (foot move) and heard a gasp ZA then shot HB

That was Jason Autry not Shane Austin.

The testimony about the underwear has me stumped. Hollys mother identified them as belonging to Holly yet they didn't have Hollys DNA but someone else's. Could it be that ZA kept them as a souvenir then passed them on to another girlfriend?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I did not hear JA say he had murdered anyone...but his casual comments about seeing a body floating, advising on the gutting etc. sure led one to believe he has clearly been around murders if not the murderer. I think there is no question it was Shane that led her back that day to the woods...as I read history Shane did not quite have the background these other guys did...he was for lack of a better word the stooge they used for the small jobs...but at the end of the day he could not take the heat and exited. As I watch the antics of JA in the early indictment hearings he seems so different than today...but always the showman. I sure don't want him on the streets of any town or city I live in!!

The testimony about the underwear has me stumped. Hollys mother identified them as belonging to Holly yet they didn't have Hollys DNA but someone else's. Could it be that ZA kept them as a souvenir then passed them on to another girlfriend?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

could it be that pink is a popular color for "panties" and that lots of activity seems to go on in the Decatur county woods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AMK