2016.07.05 - HLN Dr. Drew's Interview with Sheriff Bowerman

I think if they had ever had a deceased DeOrr in any of the vehicles, the dogs would have been all over it.

This is a really good point. It makes me lean towards them getting rid of the boy before they even left. It would explain why it was so hard to pin down anybody that actually saw the boy. Because nobody actually saw a walking talking breathing boy.

I also agree about the Snake River. That always had me thinking that Snake River must have been on his mind for a reason.

I'm not going to rule out the marriage being an impulsive decision...but...could the person JM married have some knowledge of what happened (having been told by JM), so marriage, rather than living together, would give him an acceptable reason not to testify against his wife?

JMO
I had never even thought about that and now I wonder about it. I also wonder if Idaho had common law marriage rules and maybe the father could be considered married at the time he was with her. So there is a real possibility that strategic marriage was done for a reason. It could be protecting the previous father and now the new married folks.

Ive been reading about it and it sounds like there are two different privileges. A communications privilege and a testimonial privilege.

Under the testimonial privilege we see this

"The witness-spouse may invoke testimonial privilege regarding events which occurred (1) during the marriage, if the spouses are still married; and (2) prior to the marriage if he is married to his spouse in court proceedings at the time of trial."

So under number 2 that seems to apply to the two married people.

And then under the communications privilege and if common law marriage is valid in Idaho then we see this

"Unlike testimonial privilege, the communications privilege survives the end of a marriage, and may be asserted by a spouse to protect confidential communications that were made during the marriage—even after divorce or death."

"The spousal communications privilege or confidences privilege is a form of privileged communication that protects the contents of confidential communications between spouses during their marriage from testimonial disclosure."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spousal_privilege

This could possibly protect the bio father and her if common law marriage rules apply in Idaho.

I am sure lawyers would end up arguing things in front of a judge about the admissibility of the privilege but it does sound like there is a chance that the new marriage may have been a strategic ploy.

You know IR will be thrown under the bus at trial. I believe that he didn't do anything and everything points to the parents killing/desposing of Deorr's body.

Grandpa will be thrown under the bus as well. JMO

You know IR will be thrown under the bus at trial. I believe that he didn't do anything and everything points to the parents killing/desposing of Deorr's body.

Grandpa will be thrown under the bus as well. JMO

With Sheriff B's comments, I have to suspect that's why they were brought along. To add to the confusion at very least, ready made targets if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could JM/DK's lawyer bring up IR's criminal history at trial? and try to pursaude the jury that he had something to do with it etc.

Now that SB has revealed that the LE is now leaning towards a homicide, I'm starting to think that DeOrr is no where near that campground. The campground was just a gaslighting storyline. Will this ever end.

That's exactly what I've been thinking as well. A calculated ploy to completely misdirect the search.

I'm inclined to agree. In fact I think I said something along these very same lines many, many threads ago (although it probably got deleted unsurprisingly).

That poor little boy, there are so many who could and would have loved him :(

I said the same thing, I think we even posted a map or two of places he could have been taken that were no where near the campsite. That poor baby. :(

With Sheriff B's comments, I have to suspect that's why they were brought along. To add to the confusion at very least, ready made targets if needed.

If that's the case, then JM's mom must have been untruthful as well, because IIRC, but please corrrect me if I'm wrong, she has claimed all along that she asked JM and VDK to go on the trip with GGP. This case seems to be getting more convoluted by the moment.

That really says a lot that Sheriff B is going out on TV saying that shocking stuff. He was so 'pro-family' at the start. When others were accusatory, he always said they were totally cooperative and all that. wow

Exactly. This is why I will never ever believe LE that say the family isn't under suspicion in a crime ever again.

I think it works in LE favor to make the family feel safe and trusted. Catches them out.

ETA I don't think this is like other cases of kids who really went missing. The parents in those cases didn't lie/change their stories/obfuscate the truth to the detriment of SAR.
And those kids were found.
ETAA and the fact that the last known appearance of Deorr by people who are uninvolved in this case is very wishy-washy.

If that's the case, then JM's mom must have been untruthful as well, because IIRC, but please corrrect me if I'm wrong, she has claimed all along that she asked JM and VDK to go on the trip with GGP. This case seems to be getting more convoluted by the moment.

Yes, that is true, sadly. I reach a dead end when trying to figure out who they're covering up for.

Rule 504 of the Idaho Rules of Evidence stipulates that "Husband-Wife Privilege" does not apply to criminal cases involving “injury to a child” (or “person residing in the household of either spouse”).

https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...&ct=clnk&gl=ca

(d) Exceptions. There is no privilege under this rule:

(1) Child related communications. In a criminal or civil action or proceeding as to a communication relevant to an issue concerning the physical, mental or emotional condition of or injury to a child, or concerning the welfare of a child including, but not limited to the abuse, abandonment or neglect of a child.

(2) Criminal action. In a criminal action or proceeding in which one spouse is charged with a crime against the person or property of (A) the other spouse, (B) a person residing in the household of either spouse, or (C) a third person committed in the course of committing a crime against the other spouse or a person residing in the household of either spouse.

So the attorney for JA and VK states IR was last to see DK? This was the first I've heard . .

7df9f9d4ada31a1cf6a6bd4b25f65b74.jpg

Court Follower

So the attorney for JA and VK states IR was last to see DK? This was the first I've heard . .

7df9f9d4ada31a1cf6a6bd4b25f65b74.jpg

Court Follower

We kind of heard that before, from IR himself, during that interview at his front door.

IIRC, the reporter asked him if he was with GGP when DeOrr went missing. And I believe he asked first if they had talked to GGP yet, then he answered that " YES, he was there with GGp when DeOrr went missing."

I remember being shocked by that answer. Because it does place him as one of the last people to see the baby. And why didn't he chase after him when he went down the embankment towards the river...or maybe he did?

We kind of heard that before, from IR himself, during that interview at his front door.

IIRC, the reporter asked him if he was with GGP when DeOrr went missing. And I believe he asked first if they had talked to GGP yet, then he answered that " YES, he was there with GGp when DeOrr went missing."

I remember being shocked by that answer. Because it does place him as one of the last people to see the baby. And why didn't he chase after him when he went down the embankment towards the river...or maybe he did?
https://youtu.be/01DB2lqpWcs
You are right! He said he was with him and GGP

Court Follower

Am I mis-remembering, or was a dirty diaper found at the campsite by the grandma? If so, did LE test it for DNA?

I think IR was mainly agreeing that he was there with GGP at time the parents probably started a big scene about the boy missing and since he of course was there camping. That interview was still relatively early after it had happened.

I think it was much later when IR had talked with lawyer and over time that people started to realize that maybe things were not as they were being told by the parents. Stories started to have discrepencies and LE began to come out and say the parents stories were changing.

I think that was a big problem in this case as it did take LE a long while before they realized things were not as they were initially told.
I was surprised the Sheriff was so adamant early on when he first believed the parents. It really hurt the case because so many people were fooled into a storyline early in the case.

orry, I typed this while reading, so some of my questions are already posted...

from CNN transcript
BLOOM: [....] At the end of last month, the mom, Jessica, she announced on Facebook that she and DeOrr`s father had split.

OK. But, she married a man that she had met just six weeks prior.

So somehow during this entire year that her 2-year-old has been missing and never found and the investigation inconclusive and she`s a suspect, they

get divorced. I understand that. But then she meets somebody else, she falls in love and she gets married.
[....]

Oh, now this is interesting! eh?

more from CNN Transcript:
BROWNING (Kunz' attorney) [....] The three people with the family connection, one person without, I don`t -- my clients didn`t even know this guy Isaac until they got up to the campground. I`ll tell you that the child was there at the campground. Isaac appears to be the last person to see that child alive.

Oh, so they are going to blame Isaac? I thought it was the GF who was last to see little DeOrr "going over the hill" (embankment)... :confused:
I see the Donjeta brought this up already - but just wanted to post this anyway! :)

Paulas88 said:
Now that SB has revealed that the LE is now leaning towards a homicide, I'm starting to think that DeOrr is no where near that campground. The campground was just a gaslighting storyline. Will this ever end.

But didn't Kline say (in the CNN interview) that they had 3 locations the cadever dog hit??

But wasn't Isaac WITH the parents when they went down to the river to look where they could fish?? I thought that was Isaac's story, and the Sheriff's. Am I remembering wrong?

Oh - also, they said LE was out there this week again, right? So did they go to the 3 spots the Klein mentioned? I guess we won't hear about that search anytime soon.

Glad to see some movement on this case!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2