60 Minutes Australia - JONBENET RAMSEY

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
We will go deep into the JBR case and what 60 Minutes Australia said about the case.
There is so much false info out there and tonight, helping me wade through the baloney, is Cynic. A JBR expert in my opinion.
My head is exploding from the lies being told.

Claiming Boulder Police ignored evidence in their determination to pin the murder on them, JonBenet's father John, now 80, told 60 Minutes Australia: "They made up their mind on day one, and the conclusion was that I killed my daughter.
Mystery still surrounds the case

"There's nothing more dangerous than a police department that's made up its mind, because they are totally excluding anything that conflicts with that conclusion."

Recalling finding his daughter, he said: "I quickly pulled the tape off her mouth and her hands were bound and I couldn't get the knot untied. It was really tightly tied ... she had been strangled with a garrotte. It was so deeply embedded in her skin."

Incredibly, police never investigated a possible link between an attack on another girl in her bed and the murder of JonBenet just a few blocks away.

"They blew it off, though they were aware of the attack," John Ramsey said

"The same detectives investigated that case as ours. It was just sheer buffoonery."

The Colorado Cold Case Team will soon announce its findings and recommendations

But what followed were a lot of suspicious moves from the R's that further convinced BPD they were likely guilty. According to JR, Mike Bynum told him almost immediately that the BPD were targeting him. Well, duh. The first to be looked at in cases such as these are the parents and family members. And any legitimate attorney would tell you that. So they responded to this by instantly lawyering up so fast it makes your head spin, and started putting up road blocks. Murder is a very serious allegation and issue to deal with, and I think it's wise to get expert legal advice to help you navigate through all of that. However, an investigation has to include investigating the parents, the sibling who were in the house at the time of the murder. The correct response should have been, we will fully cooperate, investigate us thoroughly as we have nothing to hide. Let LE do their due diligence and clear you of suspicion so that they can move on. The R's did not do that. Why? What were they afraid of? Negative publicity? They got that anyway. And in not cooperating fully from the beginning, they made themselves look suspicious and that they had something to hide. Even (now former) close friend Fleet White at one point told JR to stop hiding behind his lawyers. Mark Klaas, father of Polly Klaas, who was abducted from her home and murdered, has been very vocal in encouraging anyone in that situation to let LE investigate fully, and as quickly as possible so that they can move on to find the real culprit. It's uncomfortable and it's invasive, yes. But it's absolutely necessary. And if you have nothing to hide and truly want to find the perpetrator, why would you not fully cooperate?

All the moves that the R's made in an effort to find their daughter's killer smack of publicity in order to take the spotlight off of them and to present themselves as really working hard to bring this killer to justice. But were they? Their high powered attorney immediately went into action and started sending out their own investigators to interview people before the PD could. Hence we have stories that changed and cannot be fully trusted. The $100,000 award. Admirable,
yes, but should have been done in conjunction with LE. Why did they not do police interviews other than that of the day of the discovery of the body until months later? These interviews are peppered with, "I can't remember, I don't know, I don't recall". PR complained that the PD was not calling and updating them, and yet when asked how many times she had contacted them, her reply was "maybe once over the summer". Hello, over 6 months later, one time? Most parents in the same situation have recounted calling every single week and asking how things were going, is there any new information, etc. Police are busy, most people recognize you have to be squeaky wheel and stay on them. It's not only completely appropriate to be an ever present annoyance pushing them for answers, it helps to let them know you are committed to seeing the case solved and that you are watching what they are doing.

Comments are disabled for all three videos. Checking other selections from 60 Minutes Australia, it appears this is always their policy, so it wasn't done specifically for the Ramsey videos. But, could this be a I bet this is one reason why JR chose to work with them. Can't be having 332 Likes for comments like, What a load of bollocks! :p

But what followed were a lot of suspicious moves from the R's that further convinced BPD they were likely guilty. According to JR, Mike Bynum told him almost immediately that the BPD were targeting him. Well, duh. The first to be looked at in cases such as these are the parents and family members. And any legitimate attorney would tell you that. So they responded to this by instantly lawyering up so fast it makes your head spin, and started putting up road blocks. Murder is a very serious allegation and issue to deal with, and I think it's wise to get expert legal advice to help you navigate through all of that. However, an investigation has to include investigating the parents, the sibling who were in the house at the time of the murder. The correct response should have been, we will fully cooperate, investigate us thoroughly as we have nothing to hide. Let LE do their due diligence and clear you of suspicion so that they can move on. The R's did not do that. Why? What were they afraid of? Negative publicity? They got that anyway. And in not cooperating fully from the beginning, they made themselves look suspicious and that they had something to hide. Even (now former) close friend Fleet White at one point told JR to stop hiding behind his lawyers. Mark Klaas, father of Polly Klaas, who was abducted from her home and murdered, has been very vocal in encouraging anyone in that situation to let LE investigate fully, and as quickly as possible so that they can move on to find the real culprit. It's uncomfortable and it's invasive, yes. But it's absolutely necessary. And if you have nothing to hide and truly want to find the perpetrator, why would you not fully cooperate?

All the moves that the R's made in an effort to find their daughter's killer smack of publicity in order to take the spotlight off of them and to present themselves as really working hard to bring this killer to justice. But were they? Their high powered attorney immediately went into action and started sending out their own investigators to interview people before the PD could. Hence we have stories that changed and cannot be fully trusted. The $100,000 award. Admirable,
yes, but should have been done in conjunction with LE. Why did they not do police interviews other than that of the day of the discovery of the body until months later? These interviews are peppered with, "I can't remember, I don't know, I don't recall". PR complained that the PD was not calling and updating them, and yet when asked how many times she had contacted them, her reply was "maybe once over the summer". Hello, over 6 months later, one time? Most parents in the same situation have recounted calling every single week and asking how things were going, is there any new information, etc. Police are busy, most people recognize you have to be squeaky wheel and stay on them. It's not only completely appropriate to be an ever present annoyance pushing them for answers, it helps to let them know you are committed to seeing the case solved and that you are watching what they are doing.

I really appreciate your comment. The videos are masterworks of lying by omission. Reading your post after watching them - seeing some of the key omissions filled in and important questions spelled out - is therapeutic.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nursestump
Back