Anthropology student looking for interview volunteers!

Reaction score
Hello WebSleuths patrons!

My name is Lili and I am a student studying Sociology and Anthropology at my university. For my introductory anthropology course, I am conducting research on the WebSleuths community as an online forum community. In order to continue my research, I need input from community members themselves. I am looking to talk to around 3-5 individuals who feel comfortable discussing their place in the Websleuths community and/or want to discuss the nature of this community from an insider perspective.

The questions I am exploring are as follows:
  1. What drew you to the Websleuths community?

2. What has contributed to your continued interest in this community? What keeps you coming back?

3. Do you have a background in criminal justice/forensics/law/etc?

4. What page(s) do you spend most of your time on? What cases in particular are you interested in?

5. How often do you contribute to forum discussions?

6. Do you prefer to talk amongst other members or to browse discussions without contributing your thoughts?
I encourage anyone who is interested in helping me out to reply to this post or to dm me. I look forward to hearing from you, and thank you in advance for your participation!

Hi! I filled these out here but you are welcome to PM me as well! I would be happy to answer any other questions and discuss things!

1. I like that it's a classic old fashioned forum with lots of activity where people can talk about a variety of true crime cases.
2. I really enjoy the community and the forum style and how easy it is to post about a variety of cases and get good info as well as have interesting discussions.
3. No. When I was younger I thought maybe I would want to study something along the lines of forensics or mortuary sciences, but I decided against it and I'm in a teacher prep program now.
4. I spend most of my time in the Unidentified forum. Before she was ID'd I posted a lot in Marcia King (fka Buckskin Girl)'s forum. I still mostly stay in UID threads.
5. If I am reading a thread, more often than not I will also post on it. I have a lot of posts here! I was gone for a while due to being busy but now I'm back and posting a lot.
6. I definitely prefer to "talk" with other members! If I'm reading a thread I usually post on it as well. I like having discussions here.

Hello WebSleuths patrons!

My name is Lili and I am a student studying Sociology and Anthropology at my university. For my introductory anthropology course, I am conducting research on the WebSleuths community as an online forum community. In order to continue my research, I need input from community members themselves. I am looking to talk to around 3-5 individuals who feel comfortable discussing their place in the Websleuths community and/or want to discuss the nature of this community from an insider perspective.

The questions I am exploring are as follows:
  1. What drew you to the Websleuths community?

2. What has contributed to your continued interest in this community? What keeps you coming back?

3. Do you have a background in criminal justice/forensics/law/etc?

4. What page(s) do you spend most of your time on? What cases in particular are you interested in?

5. How often do you contribute to forum discussions?

6. Do you prefer to talk amongst other members or to browse discussions without contributing your thoughts?
I encourage anyone who is interested in helping me out to reply to this post or to dm me. I look forward to hearing from you, and thank you in advance for your participation!
I'd be glad to help! :)
1. I've been browsing this forum for years and finally decided to make an account - I like to contribute with theories and details such as photos, etc.

2. My interest was in MP cases, but I'm now interested in UID's too.

3. I do not. I am currently a teacher in the Western USA.

4. I spend most of my time of UID and ID'D pages, but sometimes some MP pages too.

5. I contribute as actively as I can.

6. I, frankly, enjoy talking amongst other members.

My parents met over homicides.
I survived a homicide attempt.
My uncle was a NYPD homicide detective.
I feel relief when the murderers are caught and Justice is served.
Abby and libby break my heart. Horrible case that has gone cold.
One that just boggles my mind is the killing of Nicole Lovell.

> What drew you to the Websleuths community?

Originally, the Amy Lynn Bradley case, after seeing it on an episode of “Disappeared”.

> What has contributed to your continued interest in this community?

The investigatory ideas, thoughts, processes, and insights of other members.

> What keeps you coming back?

The above.

> Do you have a background in criminal justice/forensics/law/etc?

No - history and computer science. :)

> What page(s) do you spend most of your time on? What cases in particular are you interested in?

Primarily cold cases and missing persons/unidentified prior to 1960. That said, Belle Chase John Doe (1975) is probably my pet-PET case.

> How often do you contribute to forum discussions?

Whenever I think I have something useful to add. :)

> Do you prefer to talk amongst other members or to browse discussions without contributing your thoughts?

Depends. I tend to not ‘talk’ in current cases, and keep up with only a few (lies! Probably the single case forum I’ve been most active in is Caitlyn Rose Case, who went missing on 5 August 2022.)

With older cases, I browse and research and marinate, then contribute if I think I can add something new to the conversation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AJAY0618
Back