Armchair psychology - How many of these traits fit Misty?

Armchair psychology - Could Misty be a sociopath?

• Yes, I think she might be

Votes: 34 22.5%
  • No, I don't think she has any mental issues

Votes: 40 26.5%
  • No, but I think she has BPD or some other mental issue

Votes: 46 30.5%
  • Not sure what to think

Votes: 31 20.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the very least, misty is a Borderline Personality. She is adept at playing sides against each other. I will bet she has a severe temper. She is manipulative and feels entitled. She can change on a dime. She is smart enough to catch herself whenever her mouth is working faster than her mind. She has stopped and added bits of information when she almost blurts out something she shouldn't.

IMO, she doesn't suffer from lack of intellect; just education.

At the very least, misty is a Borderline Personality. She is adept at playing sides against each other. I will bet she has a severe temper. She is manipulative and feels entitled. She can change on a dime. She is smart enough to catch herself whenever her mouth is working faster than her mind. She has stopped and added bits of information when she almost blurts out something she shouldn't.

IMO, she doesn't suffer from lack of intellect; just education.

Whisperer..don't know that Misty is BPD. My adult daughter is...and we went through hell with her. I would venture to say that it is possible Misty suffers from attachment disorder....which would mean she cannot "empathetically bond" with anyone.

a long time ago I voted "Not sure what to think"

To be honest I still don't. Not as far as an armchair diagnosis. I would wager though she does fall into a cluster B diagnosis. And because the symptoms of the cluster B criteria overlap and some actually share symptoms I can't say for sure which she would be diagnosed with and what would be secondary---etc.

I don't see cognitive disabilities and I don't see that she is intellectually compromised in anyway. She might be at a slight disadvantage by not having had a full education that is offered to all children through public schools. But I can name a great many adults I have personally known that did not even make it to high school or even older adults that never went past a grade school---they were upstanding citizens, bright and to speak with them they were compassionate and caring and down right funny in some cases.

I agree with stilettos that it is possible she may have had attachment issues as an infant, toddler or young child. Sometimes that carries over into adult life and sometimes it can be the precursor to cluster B disorders. (was told that by a counselor in regard to a family member that we have that was diagnosed with Borderline).

So to sum it up I agree with any and all of the above and would be willing to wager she falls into the cluster B of personality disorders but I'm not quite sure that it can be said with certainty that she is indeed without a shadow of a doubt a sociopath.

JMHO.

My views of Misty, well really all of them, have changed so much, I'm not sure what I think anymore. At 1st, Misty seemed very young, distraught, and manipulated. Now, I also see her as a manipulator. I still think others were pulling her strings, (& may still be), but I think she had her own reasons for letting them...kind of a cat and mouse game they all had going. But who's the real cat? the real mouse? If she's a sociopath, then a lot of others involved in this case are sociopaths too...because whatever motivated her to lie and change stories, also motivated the others to do the same. Sometimes, things happen because of one bad thing leading to another, and nobody stepping in and stopping it. Why? maybe because they are used to being indifferent and since nobody has died as a result of their indifference before, they see no reason to worry. But maybe this time was different. Anyway, IMO, Tommy is the only one right now, who IMO, shows signs of being a true sociopath. Who knows...maybe he will have a perfectly good explanation for his actions. We'll see. MOO.

My views of Misty, well really all of them, have changed so much, I'm not sure what I think anymore. At 1st, Misty seemed very young, distraught, and manipulated. Now, I also see her as a manipulator. I still think others were pulling her strings, (& may still be), but I think she had her own reasons for letting them...kind of a cat and mouse game they all had going. But who's the real cat? the real mouse? If she's a sociopath, then a lot of others involved in this case are sociopaths too...because whatever motivated her to lie and change stories, also motivated the others to do the same. Sometimes, things happen because of one bad thing leading to another, and nobody stepping in and stopping it. Why? maybe because they are used to being indifferent and since nobody has died as a result of their indifference before, they see no reason to worry. But maybe this time was different. Anyway, IMO, Tommy is the only one right now, who IMO, shows signs of being a true sociopath. Who knows...maybe he will have a perfectly good explanation for his actions. We'll see. MOO.

I respectfully disagree.. Not saying Tommy isn't a sociopath but after two years of following this case and watching ALL the games played by Ronald Cummings and members of his family I feel confident in saying the word sociopath can very well be applied to them also. Afterall Ronald and his mother are the ones who were blood related to Haleigh, not Tommy or Misty...JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173