Breasia Terrell, 10, Davenport, 10 July 2020, MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Day 7: The search for Breasia Terrell
---
Search for Breasia Terrell enters its seventh day

Aishia Lankford pulled into the parking lot at the Low Moor Community Center just after 10:30 a.m. Friday.

The mother of missing Davenport 10-year-old Breasia Terrell was handed a clipboard and quickly filled out the information sheet required by Scott County Emergency Services.

Earlier this week Lankford said she would search “any where” to bring her daughter home. On Friday, she was 32 miles from Davenport, doing just that.
snipped
----
‘You’ll never get a sleep in that cell until she’s home’: Breasia Terrell’s mother remains hopeful daughter will come home | OurQuadCities

‘You’ll never get a sleep in that cell until she’s home’: Breasia Terrell’s mother remains hopeful daughter will come home

Searching for Breasia: Sex offender's apartment searched in hunt for missing Davenport girl

Dinkins pleaded guilty to a charge of third-degree sexual abuse in September of 1990. He was accused of sexually abusing a 5-year-old girl in March of that year. He was sentenced to 10 years in prison.
-----
Mayor Matson would like to take a moment to personally thank public safety professionals who are diligently working the Breasia Terrell search and investigation.

Mayor Matson would like to take a moment to personally thank public safety professionals who are diligently working the Breasia Terrell search and investigation.
-----
DAVENPORT, Iowa (KWQC) - Both Clinton and Scott County Emergency Management agencies want volunteers for Saturday as the search for Breasia Terrell enters it’s eighth day.

Registration for volunteers will start at 9 a.m. at the Low Moor Community Center, 211 3rd Avenue in Low Moor, Iowa.

According to a press release sent Friday night, no more search groups consisting of volunteers from that day will be sent out past 2 p.m., “or after all search assignments have been filled.”

Volunteers needed Saturday in search for Breasia Terrell

I’m with Luke Cleary WQAD in Low Moor, Iowa this afternoon gathering drone footage as the search for 10-Year-Old Breasia Terrell continues.
Andrew Stutzke WQAD

----

"]The search for missing 10-year-old Breasia Terrell continued through Saturday. As the search in Clinton County entered its third day, many were still assisting in the efforts.

“A lot of people are here today. We told people this is where we’d be at so we got here first thing and we just got done looking our area that law enforcement gave us. We didn’t find anything unfortunately but there’s still a lot of ground to cover,” said Athena Gilbraith, a volunteer.

Police said they’re searching about 26 square miles in the county.
Police said 12 agencies including state, federal, and local, are efforting the search in addition to the volunteers.

For the latest information on the search go to the Davenport Police Department’s Facebook page.
Search for Breasia Terrell continued in Clinton Co. Saturday
---
Davenport Police Department
34m ·
SUNDAY JULY 19, 2020 VOLUNTEER SEARCH:
Scott County IA Emergency Management Agency and Clinton County Emergency Management Agency, Iowa are working in conjunction with law enforcement to coordinate volunteers to assist in the search for Breasia Terrell.

The search continues for Breasia Terrell in Clinton County

"It's approximately, and this is just a guess, a 26 square mile, so we're taking some time to cover those areas," says Bladel, "we are out here searching, and we have had a significant community and law enforcement presence out here helping, and we are going to continue our efforts as long as we can."

The Davenport police is in charge of the search. Officials say 347 volunteers registered through emergency services since the search was expanded into Clinton county last Thursday.

DAVENPORT, IOWA (July 19, 2020) – The Davenport Police Department would like to thank the many partner law enforcement agencies and community volunteers that have assisted with the search for Breasia Terrell in the Clinton area. At this time, there is no longer a need for search volunteers in the Clinton area on Monday. The DPD is actively investigating and in constant contact with the family.

Those seeking to join a volunteer search party should self-organize. Please be safe: work in groups of 3 or more and assign one person in your group to call law enforcement at 563.326.6125 with information and tips. We ask that you keep heat safety in mind.

As the investigation continues, we will be providing updates as they become available.
Davenport Police Department
Local 4 News WHBF TV on Facebook Watch

Police Update-

Laura Terrell KCCI@LTerrellKCCI@DavenportPolice
hold a media briefing on the search for Breasia Terrell. They believe they have searched Clinton County as well as possible, and will refocus their efforts onto the investigation and the leads coming in.

Jarek Andrzejewski WHBF@JDJewski
The FBI remains onsite at Davenport PD to give "full scope of resources available" as they continue the investigation into the disappearance of Breasia Terrell
---------------------------

‘We really don’t know’: Police are not sure if missing Breasia Terrell is still alive, chief says

Davenport Police Chief Paul Sikorski delivered a media briefing on Monday afternoon, when he elaborated on an earlier announcement that police were no longer asking for the help of volunteers in Clinton County, Iowa, in the search for missing Breasia Terrell.

Asked if police believe Breasia is still alive, Sikorski said, “We really don’t know … we all want to find her alive.”

Watch a video of the news conference at WHBF-TV.

I really hope they find her soon it's been way too long. I know Dinkins knows what happened to her and he needs to start talking I feel so bad for her and her family I can't imagine the heartbreak of not knowing.

'I just have to find her,' mother of missing girl Breasia Terrell convinced her daughter will come home

But she also remains convinced the answers are with Henry Dinkins, the man Davenport Police have named as a "person of interest" -- but have not charged -- in Breasia's disappearance.

"He broke into tears after about 10 and a half, 11 years that I’ve been around him. I’ve never seen him show that much emotion. So I know he knows something. I don’t know why he’s holding it in. And he knows more than what he’s saying," Lankford said.

Dinkins is the father of Lankford's youngest son and Breasia's little brother, 8-year-old Detorious. Lankford said on July 9th, Dinkins offered to take care of Detorious for the night at his Davenport apartment, where he lives with his girlfriend.

"I spoke with her. I spoke with the woman. You know I checked it out, they’re having a good time," Lakford said. "My call. And to wake up and know that my son comes back and she doesn’t was more heartbreaking than anything."

Lankford says now she made a mistake, trusting someone she shouldn't have. But she remains convinced that her little girl will come home.

Search continues for 10-year-old Breasia Terrell missing nearly two weeks from Davenport, Iowa

July 21, 2020, 7:09 PM EDT
By Andrea Cavallier

As an intense search for missing 10-year-old Breasia Terrell extends into its second week, her family say they believe she is being held against her will and said they are not giving up hope that she’ll be found safe.

[....]
“She’s close with her brother and wanted to hang out with him,” Aishia said. “We had no reason to worry that anything bad would happen.

Aishia said she checked on her children that night and they told her they were playing video games and having a good time.

“Bree texted me and said, “Good night, Mama, I love you,’” Aishia said. “And that’s the last time I heard from her.”

When Aishia got to work the next morning, she got a call from Henry Dinkins. She said that Henry told her that when he woke up, Bree was gone.

“At first I laughed because it sounded like a joke. It didn’t make any sense. It’s not like her,” Aishia said. “She would never walk out, especially in the middle of the night. In the dark? No. Never.”

[.....]

Aishia added that when her daughter is returned home safe, she believes that’s when they’ll hear the truth about what happened.

‘You may not see the FBI, but we are there,' FBI among agencies involved in search for Breasia Terrell

On Tuesday, TV6 spoke with Special Agent in Charge of the FBI’s Omaha Division, Kristi Johnson, who remains in Davenport working on Terrell’s case.

Johnson said, “Every day in the FBI we maintain excellent relationships with our local police departments and our police chiefs. In this investigation, on July 10 we were in contact with the Chief and offered our assistance with respect to everything that we can offer in a case like this, and of course, immediately we all started working together.”

“The tools that the FBI brings to the table involve something called our Cellular Analysis Survey Team, which is the phone analysis and looking at all of the phone records and the location information,” said Johnson. “We also bring to the table something called the Child Abduction Rapid Deployment Team, which is a team of 12 agents that come on scene and are here in town working day in and day out to identify any additional evidence that we need to try to bring the case to a successful conclusion.”

Johnson said, “We have an Evidence Response Team out of Omaha that came here to assist, and that will continue on throughout the course of the investigation if needed.” She said the team of specially trained technicians is made up of analysts and professional staff members, “We’ve got the best team we can have.”

Although a team with FBI continues to work in Davenport on Terrell’s case, you may not necessarily see them as they conduct their investigation. “We are not uniformed officers. We are law enforcement officers,” said Johnson, “We are a team of analysts as well. We are working together to make sure we have the evidence that’s coming in that can be analyzed whether that’s digital evidence, or phone evidence, or surveillance evidence.”

“In this or any other case, you may not see us. You may not see the FBI. But we are there,” said Johnson.

DAVENPORT, Iowa (KWQC) - The FBI announced a $10,000 reward for anyone who has information that assists law enforcement in finding 10-year-old Breasia Terrell or leads to the arrest of anyone involved in her disappearance.

FBI Special Agent in Charge Kristi Johnson made the announcement during a media briefing on Wednesday. The briefing was held to inform the public about how FBI agents and their resources have been utilized since Terrell was first reported missing on July 10.

Agents and personnel from Omaha headquarters and the Quad City resident agency have been participating in searches, reviewed cell phone records and provided other investigative resources.

FBI announces $10,000 reward in search for Breasia Terrell

Breasia Terrell’s cousin printing masks and t-shirts to help spread her photo

Terrell's cousin Shay Tate Moore is now designing and printing t-shirts from her home studio. She is also making masks that have Breasia’s face on them.
“Trying to keep us uplifted in a time that it’s not really even able to be uplifted,” Moore said. “So, that’s my thing. You know, we just want Breasia found. That’s it. And it’s very hard because it’s like we’re not getting anywhere.”

Breasia Terrell’s cousin printing masks and t-shirts to help spread her photo

Kristi Johnson, Special Agent in Charge of the FBI Omaha division, explained the involvement of the FBI in Terrell’s case in an interview with TV6 on Tuesday.

“The tools that the FBI brings to the table involve something called our Cellular Analysis Survey Team, which is the phone analysis and looking at all of the phone records and the location information,” said Johnson. “We also bring to the table something called the Child Abduction Rapid Deployment Team, which is a team of 12 agents that come on scene and are here in town working day in and day out to identify any additional evidence that we need to try to bring the case to a successful conclusion,” she explained.

Johnson said, “We have an Evidence Response Team out of Omaha that came here to assist, and that will continue on throughout the course of the investigation if needed.” She said the team of specially trained technicians is made up of analysts and professional staff members, “We’ve got the best team we can have.”
Search continues for Breasia Terrell weeks after her disappearance

BREASIA TERRELL — FBI
BREASIA TERRELL
Davenport, Iowa
July 10, 2020

Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Facebook Facebook Email Email

preview

View Poster

Download Poster

Reward raised, search continues in Breasia Terrell case
——
"These are my 'Breemobiles,'" said mother Aishia Lankford. "We're going everywhere."

Aishia, together with friends and family, drive them to far-away towns and around their own neighborhood in search of the missing ten-year-old Breasia Terrell, who was last seen on the morning of July 10th -- now nearly a month ago.

They make stops along the way with hundreds of missing persons posters to spread the word about the missing girl.

Search for Breasia: family and friends hit the road with the 'Breemobiles' in search of missing 10-year-old Davenport girl

DAVENPORT, Iowa (KWQC) - The Davenport Police Department shared an announcement on Wednesday letting the public know they are still searching for missing 10-year-old Breasia Terrell over a month after her disappearance.

Law enforcement says they are in frequent contact with Breasia’s mother, Aishia Lankford, who continues to distribute fliers throughout the Quad Cities and surrounding areas in an effort to locate her daughter.

Breasia was reported missing on July 10, 2020 and was entered into the National Crime Information Center as a missing child. An Amber Alert remains in effect for Breasia. She is also listed as a missing child with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

The Davenport Police Department is continuing to ask for the public’s assistance in providing any information regarding the whereabouts of Breasia. In July, the police department named Henry Dinkins as a person of interest in Breasia’s disappearance and asked for any information regarding his whereabouts between 10:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 9, 2020 to 12:00 p.m. on Friday, July 10, 2020.

“Henry Dinkins remains in custody on unrelated charges at this time,” Davenport Police Chief Paul Sikorski said in a news release. “There are people who know what happened to Breasia , and I urge them to come forward with any information to help law enforcement locate Breasia.”

According to police, Dinkins will be arraigned in Scott County District Court at 11:00 a.m. on Thursday on charges unrelated to Terrell’s case. He is charged with 3 counts of a sex offender registration violation.
Davenport police still investigating disappearance of Breasia Terrell one month later

——

Dinkins now faces three charges as a convicted sex offender for not registering his new address and two vehicles with the court.

Breasia Terrell's mother keeping pressure on Henry Dinkins 35 days after Breasia was last seen | wqad.com

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant
Back