CA CA - Daphne Webb, 21 mos, Oakland, 10 July 2013

O/T

my 11 Month old grandson has been in the ICU in the Children's Hospital in Portland for a week. He has breathing problems caused by his prematurity. My entire family is devastated. i have his twin with me while my daughter is up there hovering over him while he is in a medically induced coma on a ventilator.

I just can not fathom how all of these people are so careless with their precious children! I hope Daphne is not suffering somewhere!

I'm praying for your grandbaby!!!!

I wonder if they have investigated the drug connection further. Mom was in a residential rehab for substance abuse so could there be a dealer somewhere who is owed money? or she was living on the streets; she had to get money for drugs somewhere. Could there be a pimp somewhere trying to force her back????

I really hope this has a "Found" next to it sometime in the near future.

4 hours ago, there was a response to a post asking why no updates, etc.. The Admin of the site replied there will be an announcement from the family soon.

Hopefully, more information is released soon. Not much to go on right now. :(

No updates on the news anyway. There were 3 searches on Sunday, but no followup from the reporters that I could find. I understand that OPD is busy trying to keep Zimmerman Trial protesters off the freeways and from rioting and breaking windows, but if my baby went missing, you couldn't keep me off the newscasts.

Sadly, they just found the missing 6 yr old from New Orleans in a trash can. :frown: I hope this does not end the same way. :rose:

Sadly, they just found the missing 6 yr old from New Orleans in a trash can. :frown: I hope this does not end the same way. :rose:

Wow, I switched over to that press conference, as I was totally unaware of that missing child. What professionalism & determination in solving that crime.

Sounds suspious to me too. I've known some daring people but I don't know anyone has enough guts to do that. It's really, really sad. Seems like something is missing here.

New article but not much new info:

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/With-focus-on-dad-still-no-sign-of-toddler-4668902.php

Some small things:
- father asks whomever has Daphne to feed her French fries bc she likes potatoes
- father says she likes the movie Cars 2
- father says he won't say she's not alive. He is worried about her
- father has another name he goes by
- police are releasing/distributing photos of father and his SUV in hopes it helps garner hints
- the author compared this case to Hassini Campbell (sp?) as other WSers have

Good news: sounds like the police are working really hard on this one. Oakland is full of crime so I'm glad this still makes the cut for REALLY important. Bad news is, of course, that they have no news.

New article but not much new info:

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/With-focus-on-dad-still-no-sign-of-toddler-4668902.php

Some small things:
- father asks whomever has Daphne to feed her French fries bc she likes potatoes
- father says she likes the movie Cars 2
- father says he won't say she's not alive. He is worried about her
- father has another name he goes by
- police are releasing/distributing photos of father and his SUV in hopes it helps garner hints
- the author compared this case to Hassini Campbell (sp?) as other WSers have

Good news: sounds like the police are working really hard on this one. Oakland is full of crime so I'm glad this still makes the cut for REALLY important. Bad news is, of course, that they have no news.

Actually, this may seem nit-picky, but I feel it is important because it's a quote from the father.

He asked whoever had Daphne to "feed her french fries" because she "loved potatoes." He added that Daphne "loved the movie 'Cars 2.' She's happy about that*movie."

the use of the past tense by the father is concerning since she isn't considered dead, she is considered missing. JMO

^^ wondering- good point. All of what he said was weird to me even without the past tense.

Short clip on bay area news stations this afternoon. Overshadowed by the issues with rioting and the Zimmerman stuff.

It is kind of hard to rule him out. He only bought ONE drink in that market. That tells me what I need to know. JMO

I go into gas stations all the time and only get myself a drink.
My kids only drink water 90% of the time, so I never get them a drink there.
However, I would not say I was going to get them a drink... because I never do.
So, not getting Daphne a drink is not weird... saying he was going to and then not, is the weird part.

On KTVU at 10:14 pm PST tonight broadcast:
Mom was to upset to speak. New affiliation with Klaas Kids Foundation.
Marc Klaas "It's glaringly obvious that he (the dad) wasn't at this event.". He mentioned that the dad should return phone calls. June 28 was the last time that the mother or anybody else has seen Daphne. Reporter said that Dad hasn't been home all night and his voicemail is full.

Well that is weird.

KTVU 2 News at 10pm
Family was updated by LE after PC this afternoon and in turn updated "us" (media). LE has confirmed that June 28th was the last time anyone else saw the baby girl.

Klaas Kids is working with the family.

Family is holding a candlelight vigil tomorrow night. Whether John Webb plans to attend is anybody's guess. We have been trying to get a hold of him since the PC at 4. His cell phone voicemail is full and he hasn't been home all night.

KTVU 2 News at 10pm
Family was updated by LE after PC this afternoon and in turn updated "us" (media). LE has confirmed that June 28th was the last time anyone else saw the baby girl.

Klaas Kids is working with the family.

Family is holding a candlelight vigil tomorrow night. Whether John Webb plans to attend is anybody's guess. We have been trying to get a hold of him since the PC at 4. His cell phone voicemail is full and he hasn't been home all night.

If he hasn't been home who is taking care of his mom with Dementia?

Sarx- at least we said the same thing! : )

The voicemail being full is strange to me, because if your baby was out there somewhere, you would make sure that there was a way that you could be reached if someone found your daughter. I also wonder who is taking care of elderly grandmother all this time that he is unreachable.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX
Back