CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
<SNIP> The first hit when I google Dylan Redwine headlines his body possibly being found in the dam :(

I don't think a body was found, I think they're just trying to attract more readers by wording things like that. The closest I saw was that the body of the boy reported missing may be found at the dam, or something like that. Sometimes I feel like reading news coverage must be almost as hard on the parents as the disappearance itself; it has to be hard to stay positive when you see things like that, or theories about all of the gory things that might have happened, plastered all over. MOO

i have a sinking feeling that his backpack and pnone are going to be found in that lake..or in some water somewhere...remember the two boys who took off and then crashed on their way to myrtle beach? their phones stopped working...because they were in water...and this is just me thinking out loud...no links to back it up...just a nagging bad feeling that his backpack, phone and maybe even him is in that lake/dam...but why not the fishing pole? has the fishing pole been verified? i thought it was and now i think i remember someone saying it was just a rumor?? idk and its too late to go looking...time for me to go back to bed in a minute...lol

I don't think a body was found, I think they're just trying to attract more readers by wording things like that. The closest I saw was that the body of the boy reported missing may be found at the dam, or something like that. Sometimes I feel like reading news coverage must be almost as hard on the parents as the disappearance itself; it has to be hard to stay positive when you see things like that, or theories about all of the gory things that might have happened, plastered all over. MOO

can you link it? im looking for it and cant find it...or a really recent one that says that...i believe what your seeing, i just want to see it too :)
thanx..

Colorado boy still missing after two-day, underwater search

Updated: 11/26/2012 11:00:04 PM MST

"The New Mexico State Police Search and Recovery Dive Team called off its search for Dylan Redwine in Vallecito Reservoir on Monday night, said Lt. Jennie Pierce, the commander of the dive team.

Dylan has been missing for more than one week.

The New Mexico State Police dive team started searching the bottom of Vallecito Reservoir in southwest Colorado for Dylan on Sunday when cadaver-sniffing police dogs homed in on a section of the reservoir, Pierce said.

The dive team spent two days searching the area and is confident the dogs were wrong, Pierce said. "We had a specific area we were asked to search," she said. "At this time, we feel that he's not there.""

Read More: http://www.daily-times.com/ci_22071476/colorado-boy-still-missing-after-two-day-underwater

Yeah I think we have had a misunderstanding-my post that you replied to was talking about the documentation of the custody battle, formal abuse investigations, and the judge's (potentially questionable?) decision to send him off for visitation. So, I assumed you were replying about the same, but I think you were talking more generally about the Dad being suspicious and not necessarily the legal aspects of the custody battle.

Any and all fuzziness I exhibit, I'm blaming on the hour. :) My apologies!

A rarity for me to be posting here so late, but I'm wired and grief-stricken, coping with Dylan's disappearance and the discovery/recovery of little 3-year-old Emiliano Terry. :( Just a sad, sad week.

Goodnight, all. May justice visit tomorrow.

A rarity for me to be posting here so late, but I'm wired and grief-stricken, coping with Dylan's disappearance and the discovery/recovery of little 3-year-old Emiliano Terry. :( Just a sad, sad week.

:seeya: get some rest....

Gee...I have not been online much at all today and didn't realize Emiliano was found :cry: I will have to go read his thread to catch up. Heartbreaking.

If nothing was found in the water after a 2 day search, it seems to me the fishing pole was planted to throw off LE from Dylan's true location. The pole was planted and the idea about the pole being gone was planted also. Mmmm....not looking good.

Was hoping to find some news. Looks like all that's new is dad's statement that mom's "making more of this than it needs to be"?

Like others, I've heard this line before. :furious:

According to 9News Livestream just now, there will be no more searching of the Vallecito Lake area today. Must be why KT headed out. Wonder if LE has another plan or if they need to regroup and figure out where to go now? I REALLY wish they'd hold a PC & give us something!

I'm still really new around here... so I don't know how any others feel about the topic.. but.. I'm never shy to express my opinions on particular things.

From everything I've read, there have been no tracking dogs used.
I'm a HUGE believer in Bloodhounds.
They are almost a lost investigative skill these days as LE tends to think modern tech is better. I totally disagree with them on that point.
I've first hand seen what Bloodhounds are capable of doing.

A properly trained Bloodhound could actually tell them how Dylan left the home. Whether he walked off the property, got a ride, or *forbid* was carried by the way it hones on the scent. It can also tell if Dylan slept in the bed, took a shower, ate breakfast, etc.
Bloodhounds can pick up scents that other breeds are not simply not able to. They can track someone even after they get into a car for several miles.

YES, it's old fashion!
But once you see it in action, you're typically a believer.

Time is running out for this type of search. Mother nature tends to erase the presence of humans outdoors within a few weeks time.

http://www.laplatasar.org/www/

From 11/20/12
La Plata County Search and Rescue members searched for Redwine Monday night in areas of County Road 500. Residents who have expressed an interest in assisting are being asked to search their properties and areas of Vallecito they are familiar with, Bender said.

CR500 is the road the dad lives on.

and here:

Members of La Plata County Search & Rescue team using bloodhounds searched for the teen Monday night and Tuesday. The search area included the shoreline around Vallecito Lake, several small subdivisions, county roads, steep wooded hillsides and hiking trails. Many of the homes in the area are seasonal while some are occupied year around.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...-dylan-redwine-whos-been-missing-since-monday
Posted: 11/21/2012

http://www.laplatasar.org/www/

From 11/20/12
La Plata County Search and Rescue members searched for Redwine Monday night in areas of County Road 500. Residents who have expressed an interest in assisting are being asked to search their properties and areas of Vallecito they are familiar with, Bender said.

CR500 is the road the dad lives on.

and here:

Members of La Plata County Search & Rescue team using bloodhounds searched for the teen Monday night and Tuesday. The search area included the shoreline around Vallecito Lake, several small subdivisions, county roads, steep wooded hillsides and hiking trails. Many of the homes in the area are seasonal while some are occupied year around.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...-dylan-redwine-whos-been-missing-since-monday
Posted: 11/21/2012

THANK YOU.

But did they take the dogs to dad's house?

JMO.

If nothing was found in the water after a 2 day search, it seems to me the fishing pole was planted to throw off LE from Dylan's true location. The pole was planted and the idea about the pole being gone was planted also. Mmmm....not looking good.

2 days is NOT enough time to search that entire lake. IMO

http://www.vallecitolakechamber.com/maps/index.asp
It's HUGE ... and if you scroll down a little ^^ you will see all the feeder streams/rivers that flow into that lake. It has a current. IF (God forbid) Dylan is in that lake, it will take time to surface. Praying he's not there.

http://www.pinerivertimes.com/

Friends of Elaine Redwine and her sons are organizing a community prayer and caring vigil at 6 p.m. Tuesday at Eagle Park in Bayfield, on U.S. Highway 160B. Everyone is welcome. Also, the family isn't asking for assistance, but friends have set up an account at Wells Fargo Bank under Find Dylan Redwine. Donations can be made at any branch, including Ignacio, Durango and Pagosa Springs.

:grouphug: :please:

I think LE has figured out what is truly going on here.

"The fishing pole is missing!"
The fishing pole appears.

Not sure....but since the dogs hit several times on the water, it would seem the most likely place to keep searching. Only thing I can figure is that police feel like they are being mislead? Or...I don't know.

Dylan, where are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member