CO CO - Kayleah Wilson, 12, Greeley, 28 March 2010 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
To that end, the FBI's Behavorial Analysis Unit produced some psychological indicators that might point to the person responsible for Kayleah's disappearance."The person also is likely to live in the Greeley community and has ties to the area around the Greeley Mall, the FBI said.

It almost sounds like they have someone in mind. In my mind that would imply either a sex offender (whether registered or not) or someone Kayleah knows. hmmm.

Here is a link to a map of RSOs. Simply type in Greeley as the city and then zoom into the area around Greeley Mall. You will notice, unfortunately not surprisingly, that there are a number of RSO's within walking distance of the mall, including a couple of 'Multiple Offenders'.

Oh, I long for my naiive old days. :( Ignorance was bliss (but definitely not helpful!).

ETA: Sorry that my 'quote' didn't work at the beginning of this post. I think I must have double-quoted, which unquoted my quote. ;/

I've been upset about this case and have been mulling it over as I read through all of the posts today.

I was wondering if my fellow WSers could help me out. Since I'm new to WS I don't have forum search 'privileges' yet, which makes it difficult to go back and check on something you read 15 pages or so ago (particularly with my horrible memory ;)). Where was the reference to Kayleah being seen at the mall? Was she? The more recent post with the walking route map from the Denver Post implied that Kayleah was to meet her friend at #34 and 23rd Ave but never made it. Which is true? I believe this makes a big difference. It would shift the odds between disappearing before she even made it to the mall and disappearing at/after the mall.

Thanks for your help to a newbie!

I've been upset about this case and have been mulling it over as I read through all of the posts today.

I was wondering if my fellow WSers could help me out. Since I'm new to WS I don't have forum search 'privileges' yet, which makes it difficult to go back and check on something you read 15 pages or so ago (particularly with my horrible memory ;)). Where was the reference to Kayleah being seen at the mall? Was she? The more recent post with the walking route map from the Denver Post implied that Kayleah was to meet her friend at #34 and 23rd Ave but never made it. Which is true? I believe this makes a big difference. It would shift the odds between disappearing before she even made it to the mall and disappearing at/after the mall.

bbm

FBI special agent-in-charge James Davis said authorities have located surveillance video that shows Kayleah outside the Greeley Mall, apparently en route to the birthday party, which was in the 1900 block of 30th Street. She appeared to be all right at that time, walking alone.

http://www.greeleytribune.com/article/20100406/NEWS/100409770/1002/RSS

FBI special agent-in-charge James Davis said authorities have located surveillance video that shows Kayleah outside the Greeley Mall, apparently en route to the birthday party, which was in the 1900 block of 30th Street. She appeared to be all right at that time, walking alone.

Thanks RubyRed. Well, I wonder what that reference to meeting the friend was all about.

So, presuming Kayleah made it to the immediate mall area, are there 'regulars' that hang around at that mall? I'm thinking of the very recent case of the New Brunswick woman who was abducted (I believe someone mentioned it earlier in this thread). She left the mall, with car keys in hand, and never made it to her vehicle. The individual charged with her abduction lived several blocks away from the mall and regularly hung out there. He lived in a boarding house and was unemployed, so I guess he simply went there as he had nothing else to do. As it was winter, you couldn't comfortably hang around outside. What was the weather like in Greeley on the day Kayleah went missing? Are there a few 'regulars' that hang out there? Is it likely/possible that they had seen her there before and had 'noticed' her?

Kayleah has been missing 22 nights.

Let us all scream - justice for Kayleah!

Welcome and good post! Still wondering about video. Fox 31 new reported April 6th there was not video.

Link here.........http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-missing-girl-update-040510,0,3302076.story ...click on the link...and listen to video at the bottom of the page.

The information coming from the news has been conflicting and limited.

Very frustrated. (insert rant via mom emotions) Spent the beautiful day watching my daughters enjoy the day..thinking about Kayleah.
I really wish the criteria for action taken when a child is reported missing would change. I know it would be alot more work for the authorities involved...but in reality...a 12 year old child, or any child, who "maybe" is considered a run away or "maybe" is considered abducted should be regarded as a critical situation.

I read here on WS...the first 12 to 24 hours is crucial to gathering forensics, witnesses and information! Reality is...in this day in age...we have registered sex offenders and child preditors that are not registered living in our neighborhoods unbeknownst to parents raising thier kids in those neighborhoods! It would be more work for law enforcement...but simply...children, no matter what the circumstances are worth the effort. <<sigh>> rant over
Kayleah...praying for you tonight.

So, presuming Kayleah made it to the immediate mall area, are there 'regulars' that hang around at that mall?

What was the weather like in Greeley on the day Kayleah went missing? Are there a few 'regulars' that hang out there? Is it likely/possible that they had seen her there before and had 'noticed' her?

I really wish that that map provided by the police would show where she is confirmed to have been spotted outside the Greeley mall. I am very familiar with the area.
Yes, there are regulars that hang around there and the apartments are very populated and supposedly the cops have spoken to everyone in the area. One other thing that bothers me is that i think they should have been talking to people coming and going from the mall on Sunday afternoons since then.

The weather that day was a nice early spring day with some wind.

I really wish that that map provided by the police would show where she is confirmed to have been spotted outside the Greeley mall. I am very familiar with the area.
Yes, there are regulars that hang around there and the apartments are very populated and supposedly the cops have spoken to everyone in the area. One other thing that bothers me is that i think they should have been talking to people coming and going from the mall on Sunday afternoons since then.

Great comment, Manybooks. The recent Jessica Lloyd case here in Ontario, was broken in just that way. LE went out on the same day of the week, at the same time, as the offense occurred and stopped and interviewed everyone. The accused killer was stopped and interviewed in the roadblock. It makes sense that people have routines. Why not check around to interview and observe what is going on in the area on a Sunday afternoon?

I just can't believe people can just disapear in thin air. Someone must have seen something, they had to. If I were the mother I would be on TV everyday pleading for people to come forward. Anyone who was in the mall or parking lot that day. I would camp out at that mall, talking to everyone I see

I just can't believe people can just disapear in thin air. Someone must have seen something, they had to. If I were the mother I would be on TV everyday pleading for people to come forward. Anyone who was in the mall or parking lot that day. I would camp out at that mall, talking to everyone I see

I agree, I would be making so much noise.

That's the part that really worries me, nobody saw anything, or nobody saw anything that they thought was out of the normal? You're not likely to remember a person if there's nothing out of the ordinary happening. Now if you see a fight, or someone struggling, or some other emotion, that's when you'll remember.

That's the part that really worries me, nobody saw anything, or nobody saw anything that they thought was out of the normal? You're not likely to remember a person if there's nothing out of the ordinary happening. Now if you see a fight, or someone struggling, or some other emotion, that's when you'll remember.

If Kayleah went through any parking lot that is nearly empty and has no security cameras in the parking lot, it could be possible that she was a victim of an blitz attack abduction.

Just checking in..I cannot believe she has not been found. I feel so sorry for her family and her friends. Yes they should be on the news..At the mall at the same time she was there. Maybe someone, a parent picking their child up or a worker or a shopper might have seen something. Its to bad they didn't give a updated photo in the beginning.

Im watching the kidnapping of a girl name Brooke Weilberger on Paula Zahn now. No one heard or saw anything, she was taken in broad daylight. These predators are smart and determined.

So LE believes the person that took her lives in the area? I wonder if they know something that we haven't heard.

So sad. I hope they find her safe and sound.

I do think LE has been doing behind the scenes checking all along, they had so many FBI agents up there within a week or so...I am sure every SO they know about has been checked out, the FBI surely would do this, they were not there to help with a possible runaway, they were acting as if she may have been abducted at that time. I think LE has a great aversion to admitting they fear abduction, due to community panic, especially when they have no details to offer, such as a car type, or some sort of description of what people should look out for. That said, I do not understand the media and family not being more vocal about keeping her in the news constantly; it does not matter WHY she is missing at this point...she is in danger and should simply be considered endangered/missing without any words about runaway, which they have no more proof of than they do abduction.
I honestly think LE is at a total loss in this case...the info given out earlier this week about a potential profile of a possible abductor is very standard stuff...just as most profiles are. They are just trying to put everything out there so people might be aware if someone they know is not where they should be, etc...
I think she must have been taken away in a car, either she got in accepting a ride or was grabbed and it was all very quick. Before she knew it she was being driven out of the area. I don't believe there is any way she meant to take off, without any of her belongings.

Hi everyone,

I am so glad to see this case has made it onto WS-I have been following it on FB so far without much information.

I live in Johnstown, CO, which is about 10 miles or so from Greeley. I go there sporadically, but not often. The area around the mall is populated, but the mall itself seems to have several out of business stores, etc. I have not been inside for this very reason-the parking lot is vast and empty, with the major department stores out of business (except for Sears, I think). It seems like there is a newer movie theater right next door to it. There are also A LOT of apartments around-I do not mean offense by this, but the area in general looks run down.

Was she walking up against the mall, or closer to the sidewalk on the street? The street is very, very busy. How could no one have seen nothing? Surely there were people around.

hi can I please ask...what is a "mall" in the US? is it a road that is closed off to cars and the area is still open with trees etc that you can walk through and shops on either side of the concrete...or are you talking about a shopping mall as in a big building that has shops in it??

sorry here it is the road one, but on shows you always hear they went to the "shopping mall" and I have always assumed it was a building.....

also one thing I need to know.......did she go INTO the mall or did the camera just have her walking past on route to wherever she was going? to me that is quite important because I thought I read that she went into the mall but they have no surveillance of her going out of it.......

but reading the quoted news articles above it seems she went past it not into it....

sorry to sound a bit naive just thought this might be a bit important to clarify...

My husband and I went down by rivers and on the back roads from Greeley towards Ft. Collins today so much water and thick brush and dense trees all over did not come up with much. There were a few spots down by the river where the homeless seem to be staying,saw their trash and food remnants but none of them visible. Went through the parking lot at mall and in the back of the mall where she would have cut across to apts. there were no cameras at all. Drove down past all of the apts. from 1700 to 2200 and no cameras on any of them. My son lives in one of the apt. complexes right in the area and he has been watching the area but has not seen anything that would raise red flags.The back side of the mall was pretty empty at 2:00 this afternoon have much more traffic on the otherside of mall since the movie theatre is there. I went to pick up more tags and gloves from our command center and there were hardly any people there or vehicles so looks like it was another very small search. I will be going out more mid week to check some more desolate areas, I can't believe how little support there is I just don't get it, it is so frustrating. I will not give up on finding Kayleah. They will be doing searches every weekend until they bring her home. I will not be there this weekend as I am going to spend the weekend with my mom, she needs me now with the cancer spreading. It is so hard to leave so praying for more searchers.

Great question Revampz. Yes, our definition of mall is a large rectangular or square building "shell" often several blocks long and wide that houses lots of stores inside (sometimes a hundred or more). Then all the way around the mall is parking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim