Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #113

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take it as he thinks being "matchy-matchy" is a girly thing, or something only a female would care about. Almost like it is an attribute the be mocked about, or looked down on, like a frivolous or superficial type thing to care about.
Calls to mind his remark that, as a stay at home mom, she did nothing. Or his summary of her: she wakes up, she shops online.

Barry was never dialed in.

JMO

I take it as he thinks being "matchy-matchy" is a girly thing, or something only a female would care about. Almost like it is an attribute the be mocked about, or looked down on, like a frivolous or superficial type thing to care about.

Yes, he is always infantilizing Suzanne as if she had the mentality of a silly teenager, rather than the mother of two children and a woman who survived a recurrent cancer and long periods of chemotherapy and/or radiation.

My feeling is that he never gives her credit as being an adult and certainly never considers her his equal partner in life.

Yes, he is always infantilizing Suzanne as if she had the mentality of a silly teenager, rather than the mother of two children and a woman who survived a recurrent cancer and long periods of chemotherapy and/or radiation.

My feeling is that he never gives her credit as being an adult and certainly never considers her his equal partner in life.
Exactly!

I was never convinced she was moved, but after the AR with there being gravel in the grave that apparently didn't match the soil composition she was buried in, and her feet and hands not being found, I now think that is a possibility. And probably the reason he had the bobcat blade replaced and the dogs hitting on the bobcat. <modsnip: speculation outside of the known facts>

Last edited by a moderator:
I think FBI/LE has had much much more evidence on him, but some of it would not hold up well in court or might just be confusing or too technical to a jury, and just give the defense more time for distraction.

Certainly, her body was not found by accident (MOO)

And the 7 months it has taken to release autopsy results and examine each and every tiniest bit of evidence associated with the grave and the area, especially what else was in the grave, give me faith that FBI/LE has just been extremely diligent in processing the scene. There is also going to be evidence found that will not be released until the trial, stuff that we or the defense don't need to have access to at this point.

I don't think the FBI works on agendas or revenge. I think they know a big bad crime when they see one and work to truly bring justice when the evidence is there. And I fully believe the evidence is there.
Regarding the Defense and evidence, as @MassGuy smartly noted upthread, there is no Defense! He hasn't been charged! IE isn't entitled to discovery!

I would love to know how and when she learned that BAM was detected in Suzanne's bone marrow. As well, Barry.

He forgot to Google whether BAM remains in Bone Marrow. Barry Morphew brought down by Bone Marrow.

I like symmetry.

JMO

I was never convinced she was moved, but after the AR with there being gravel in the grave that apparently didn't match the soil composition she was buried in, and her feet and hands not being found, I now think that is a possibility. And probably the reason he had the bobcat blade replaced and the dogs hitting on the bobcat. <modsnip>

The bobcat was always parked in the driveway - it's telematics were exhibited by the defence in the prelim.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think FBI/LE has had much much more evidence on him, but some of it would not hold up well in court or might just be confusing or too technical to a jury, and just give the defense more time for distraction.

And the 7 months it has taken to release autopsy results and examine each and every tiniest bit of evidence associated with the grave and the area, especially what else was in the grave, give me faith that FBI/LE has just been extremely diligent in processing the scene. There is also going to be evidence found that will not be released until the trial, stuff that we or the defense don't need to have access to at this point.

I don't think the FBI works on agendas or revenge. I think they know a big bad crime when they see one and work to truly bring justice when the evidence is there. And I fully believe the evidence is there.
Why/how do you think Suzanne’s remains were ultimately found? Do you think there was a witness? Or someone that Barry mentioned something to about the Moffat area? Or old video evidence found of him en route to Moffat?

Wasn't he basically just offering Suzanne's own money anyway?
No. It's pretty clear from the motions and data associated with the bond hearing that they estimated the Morphew assets in the 2 million range. Suzanne's inheritance was 2 different inheritances if I recall from her sister's info -- each one was about $250,000 and that $500,000ish was invested in the house which they purchased I thought for cash for 1.5 million or something like that. $100,000 of which was paid back loan to Suzanne's dad, and $500,000 was from the inheritance dollars and the balance was from sales of land and property and a land contract sale on their primary home in Indiana. I think there is general "confusion" about their net worth which definitely was in excess of just Suzanne's two inheritances and was accumulated throughout their marriage. 2 million is not a huge amount these days, but they lived well off and had done well financially through their younger years at least from all appearances.

Do you think someone have a tip to LE about the location of Suzanne's body? If so who do you think is most likely to have given it and why now rather than years ago?

I do agree that investigators have further evidence and that FBI are not motivated by revenge ,but by knowing from day 1 Barry was guilty .

Do you think someone have a tip to LE about the location of Suzanne's body? If so who do you think is most likely to have given it and why now rather than years ago?

I do agree that investigators have further evidence and that FBI are not motivated by revenge ,but by knowing from day 1 Barry was guilty .
CBI stated that they were searching for another missing woman when Suzanne’s remains were discovered. If it was a tip that led them to her, I’m sure they would have said.

CBI stated that they were searching for another missing woman when Suzanne’s remains were discovered. If it was a tip that led them to her, I’m sure they would have said.
I knew they were searching for another woman ,but if someone did give a tip would investigators not keep it quiet in order to stop a possible revenge attack by Barry ?

I knew they were searching for another woman ,but if someone did give a tip would investigators not keep it quiet in order to stop a possible revenge attack by Barry ?
I dunno. They might say an anonymous tip or something, but I’ve never seen them lie. I suppose it’s possible.

Ok I'll take your word for that but if you can quote a source for that I would appreciate it for my own notes. Why would the police ask him to write that info down and bring it to the office when they could have just as easily got a description from him over the phone? And then of course who looks in garbage for a scrap of paper? And furthermore that description is so simple why would he need to write it down right then and there? Just go down to the police station and write it down there? Multiple red flags in my opinion.

My other question to that is, how would he know what she was wearing when the last time he allegedly saw her she was in bed and snoring? And of course we know now that she was wearing a sweatshirt and what may be described as questionable clothing for a bike ride.
See post #121 for a pic of the cash register tape.
I imagine that when the police are going to print a lot of “Missing” posters, they want someone to sign off on the content.

Last edited:
Anyone remember a video tribute to Suzanne-it was posted on YouTube, I believe, with lots of friend/family photos? There was a voiceover and it was so powerful. Maybe created by Sheila? My search skills are poor today.

Anyone remember a video tribute to Suzanne-it was posted on YouTube, I believe, with lots of friend/family photos? There was a voiceover and it was so powerful. Maybe created by Sheila? My search skills are poor today.

Not the video you're asking for but lovely all the same.

LaurenScharf, class act.

Jmo

IIRC Suzanne's nephew (Trevor N. in CO.) the first one of either side of SM's fam to speak to MSM or to post on her disappearance on soc media (FB?).

Has he been interviewed or quoted since then? Or posted re Suzanne (if WS-approved source)?
Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member