Coronation of King Charles III - 6 May 2023

Agreed. I don't know much about the UK or people. But I think that immigration has changed the UK, not unlike immigration has changed the US.

Many people may no longer have the same feelings for the monarchy any longer.
I'm Scottish living in Edinburgh and I've only seen one house in my neighborhood with bunting out. Many neighborhoods won't have anything. I heard in a news report on the radio the other day, that a poll was done in Scotland and 72% of respondents said that they couldn't care less about the coronation. Imo that's extremely plausible. The royals were semi-popular here when Charles married Diana...since then it's been downhill. It's nothing to do with immigrants, it's to do with the actions of the royals...Charles, Camilla & Andrew most notably imo.

I know it’s the Daily Mail but they DO have the best photos! I love seeing all the different monarchs and world leaders, I wonder if some of them will be wearing their crowns tomorrow.

He was 4 when his mother was crowned. Now seven decades later, King Charles III will take center stage for his own coronation.

Saturday's display of ancient pageantry will be the culmination of a life spent in the eye of a public over whom he now reigns.

From Wales to the White House, through nature and family drama, here are some photos that best illustrate the life of Britain's new monarch — before an occasion sure to generate many more...

a poll was done in Scotland and 72% of respondents said that they couldn't care less about the coronation. Imo that's extremely plausible. The royals were semi-popular here when Charles married Diana...since then it's been downhill.
The decline in interest may of spread to England as well. I read a report in a US news source that stated the public aspects of Queen Elizabeth's funeral were noticeably toned down attendance wise.

Evidently the organizers had anticipated millions participating in one way or the other such as viewing the motorcade. They got hundreds of thousands.

I suspect, however, that the coronation was popular in Northern Ireland- well at least amongst 50% of the population.

View attachment 419993
This is Mr Pickles, he is always dressed for whatever the occasion is happening. As you can see, he is ready for tomorrow. Last week he was the Easter Bunny. He is in West Yorkshire
Ha! My neck of the woods.
I don't know a single person who's fussed about it tbh. Mr Pickles excepted, obviously.

Thanks Gardenista for posting this. I guess you like gardens ;-)

I really like this - flowers from small growers throughout the UK including at least one organic if I heard correctly. This is part of what King Charles stands for and supports. Good to see that he puts the money where his mouth is, at least in this instance, and that they have ordered flowers from throughout the Kingdom, so it's not just centred on the South.

I will be watching some via YouTube, with a bit of detachment. He's King in the two countries I come from though not where I live presently. I hope everybody on this thread enjoys the Coronation celebrations however exactly they are celebrating!

I liked the Queen and I like William. I am not overly mad about the intervening reign personally but that’s just my own opinion and I’d be happy to have cause to change my mind.

There’s plenty of interest in the Coronation where I live. Most people I know will watch at least some of the coverage. There are several street tea parties arranged, and I have dog-walked past houses with flags and streets with bunting in recent days. On the bus today my friend and I noticed a parade of shops that was heavily decorated in Coronation theme in many of the shop windows. There has also been a push to use the special public holiday on Monday to do volunteering work in the community.

Obviously there will be plenty of people not interested too, as with everything in life.

Last edited:
So exciting! This is our Saturday night entertainment here in Australia. If anyone wants to watch something else on broadcast TV, they will be hard pushed ... every channel is locked onto the Coronation.

Our presenters are so, so good. They have really brushed up on all their knowledge. Telling us the history of the throne, the horses names, everything! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173
Back