Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #102

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do all those people have to quarantine?

I notice the big news in the UK (I look at the BBC) for days, seems to be who had Christmas parties last Christmas.

I realize it's about fairness, etc, but seriously, don't the media have a few other things to report on that are a tad more, current?
Other than in Australia and New Zealand, maybe, I'm not sure quarantine is really a thing in most of the world. It definitely isn't a thing here. People are told to go home and isolate for 10 days or 14 days or whatever it is, but they don't actually do it. And no one checks, either. jmo

Why such a rush for a third shot when 2 are suppose to keep you out of the hospital? I had my 2nd shot 3 months ago and it should protect me from being hospitalized still.

I am protected enough to dine out with 2 vaccines.

Cool Cats, I thought that you might be interested in Vincent Racaniello's take on the third vaccine / booster shot. I also saw that you have been following the discussion about the spacing of vaccine doses too :) Timestamps are in the comments if you right-click and watch on YouTube.

Other than in Australia and New Zealand, maybe, I'm not sure quarantine is really a thing in most of the world. It definitely isn't a thing here. People are told to go home and isolate for 10 days or 14 days or whatever it is, but they don't actually do it. And no one checks, either. jmo

IMO this is part of the problem of these never-ending variants getting the opportunity to mutate and spread. Here in NYC things are starting to shut down again because omicron is breaking through. The Rockettes were closed today, some Broadway shows too, some of the local schools etc.

I have not had Covid but I did quarantine myself for 10 days. Before vaccines, I hadn't been able to see my family in so long, like most of us. In November 2020 I took a PCR test 10 days early just so I could see my sister and her family for Thanksgiving. My test was negative and I did not stir from my house for 10 days, just so I could see her and we would all be safe. They all had negative PCRs as well.

NYC contact tracing recently contacted my eldest granddaughter, because there was a case in her high school. She’s had two Pfizer shots so she didn’t have to quarantine.

I also isolated myself but not quite as strictly before I flew to see my elderly parents in Florida recently . I’m triple-vaxed but kept away from crowds as much as I could.

If I get Covid I 1000% would quarantine myself. I wish that were the norm so that these variants would not spread as much. There was an anime fest here that spread omicron everywhere, and a Santa-con the other day, and Times Square New Year’s Eve is still on for now. JMO but I cannot understand people who’ve had covid or who’ve been exposed and are unvaccinated, and yet do not quarantine.

Interesting we are in the same boat, both due in March for our boosters.

Quite frankly I wouldn't get a booster now if I could. I have read information that points out it could be better for your immune system to have a fairly long time between vaccines.

That it might have been better to have gotten the 2nd vaccine farther out then the 3 weeks recommended. This could be a reason the booster seems so helpful because the booster has a long gap between it and the second shot.

So I feel pretty safe and not rushed about it at all.

With this Omicron information coming out daily I think we are lucky to have more time to get more information before our boosters are due. I'm glad I got my vaccines later.
Mine is due in March, too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member