Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #110

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my bivalent booster today. So far just a sore arm and tiredness.

I haven't had my bivalent yet- it has been 5 months since my last booster- I will probably wait another month to get the Bivalent. I really do get a bit of anxiety everytime I get another booster. As I have said many times, I believe the vaccine has been a miracle, but it is unfortunate it's effectiveness does not last longer.

Hopefully you will have no other side effects than the ones you describe.

It finally got me.
Tested positive Sunday afternoon.
Not too bad, I must admit. Feels like a quicker recovery than a flu.
Right now I think the worst is over.
I did lose taste.
I hope your recovery is without complications. My sister-in-law had Covid before Thanksgiving. She lost her sense of taste for a couple of weeks. She was vaccinated and boosted.

It finally got me.
Tested positive Sunday afternoon.
Not too bad, I must admit. Feels like a quicker recovery than a flu.
Right now I think the worst is over.
I did lose taste.

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

I lost taste the second time I got it, and it sucked. Even now, my taste isn’t normal.

I’ve been reading about this. It’s a serious concern.
What I read seems accurate according to my experience and experience/lingering symptoms of acquaintences.
Still living with it here since March 2020. It’s very much a case of learning how best to manage it for me.

Fortunately I don’t have any damage to my heart, nor organs (as far as I know).

Can anyone explain to me about what the bivalent booster is? What Covid vaccine companies offer it?

Has it totally replaced the previous boosters?

Why is it good to get it? Why might it not be good to get it?

Been away from the thread wrapped up in a very long trial.
moderna and pfizer versions- covers omicron along with the usual strains... possibly not esp. good with the most recent "B" labeled strains...

Masks are back, and, this time, they’re not just for COVID-19.

A “tripledemic” of the coronavirus, influenza and respiratory syncytial virus, known as RSV, sweeping through the United States has prompted several cities and counties, including New York City and Los Angeles County, to encourage people to wear a mask in indoor public spaces once again.

Nationwide, COVID-19 case rates and hospitalizations have spiked by 56% and 24%, respectively, over the past two weeks. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that there have already been 13 million illnesses and 7,300 deaths from flu this season, and those numbers are expected to rise in the coming months. (Over the past decade, annual flu deaths have ranged from 12,000 to 52,000 people, with the peak in January and February.) And while RSV finally appears to be on the decline, infection rates are still high across much of the country.
Twice I really wished I had been wearing a mask- coughing man at the gym and a shouting teenager at the grocery store who was hacking.... I want to wear a mask again but I am the only one who does, I think and I have also begun forgetting to take them with me since they are not required.

As part of the new strategy, which broadly reflects the policies adopted many months ago by many other major economies, China's National Health Commission announced Wednesday that it would no longer report the number of asymptomatic cases in the country. With the mandatory mass-testing that had impeded everyday life for years now officially abandoned, the commission said there was "no way to keep track of actual numbers" of infections.

Twice I really wished I had been wearing a mask- coughing man at the gym and a shouting teenager at the grocery store who was hacking.... I want to wear a mask again but I am the only one who does, I think and I have also begun forgetting to take them with me since they are not required.
I keep a mask or two in my purse, which I always have with me when shopping. Sometimes I forget to put it on before entering a store but then remember and put it on. DH and I remind each other too, if we are together. We are still Covid virgins but the holiday season may make it harder to stay so.

I keep a mask or two in my purse, which I always have with me when shopping. Sometimes I forget to put it on before entering a store but then remember and put it on. DH and I remind each other too, if we are together. We are still Covid virgins but the holiday season may make it harder to stay so.
LOL! DH and I are also "Covid virgins". Now that DH is retired, we don't do much holiday socializing. We hope to stay well for our upcoming cruise in late January. I'm a little apprehensive about illness onboard, but we will make sure that we avoid anyone who appears unwell. We'll stay away from crowded areas of the ship and will probably spend a lot of time in our stateroom and sitting on the balcony. I can't even remember that last time I had a cold and hope to keep it that way.

i do not wear a mask to the grocery store -- there are hardly any customers when we shop--
however I did wear my mask when i got my hair done today-- lots of customers-
went to the dentist today-- wore my mask but masks no longer required.

Still living with it here since March 2020. It’s very much a case of learning how best to manage it for me.

Fortunately I don’t have any damage to my heart, nor organs (as far as I know).
That’s my same time frame.
And also no damage to heart or organs, but still so much random pain, fatigue, brain fog and disturbed sleep.
Hoping all with COVID can eventually return to full good health.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eric.joel.rondo.sanchez