Darlie on Unsolved Mysteries

Thanks Michelle! I'm not saying that is who did it but I'd never heard that anywhere before eithier. I'm still trying to get Darlie out of this :banghead: . I'm not sure why a rapist would kill two innocent kids and then not even rape his victim (Darlie) .

rachellee said:
On the unsolved mysteries video it says there was a serial rapist in Dallas at the time who used knives from the victims home and used a tube sock? Has anyone got anymore info on this or has it been discussed before? Thanks.
I have tried to search for similar crimes in and around Rowlett, which is a suburb of Dallas, but have never found anything but an atty and her husband who tried to kill their business partners. Maybe there was a rapist in Dallas who had that M.O. but he either was never caught or didn't attract much media attention. Also, the stories I have heard do not include murder, so it is kind of hard to imagine that he would suddenly freak out and kill two sleeping kids and still not get the job done. Why kill sleeping kids?

Goody said:
I have tried to search for similar crimes in and around Rowlett, which is a suburb of Dallas, but have never found anything but an atty and her husband who tried to kill their business partners. Maybe there was a rapist in Dallas who had that M.O. but he either was never caught or didn't attract much media attention. Also, the stories I have heard do not include murder, so it is kind of hard to imagine that he would suddenly freak out and kill two sleeping kids and still not get the job done. Why kill sleeping kids?
I tried too and couldn't find anything and that doesn't make since that he would kill the kids sometimes i'm typing this stuff before processing it in my mind. Thanks.

rachellee said:
I tried too and couldn't find anything and that doesn't make since that he would kill the kids sometimes i'm typing this stuff before processing it in my mind. Thanks.
It is easy to do when you have supporters spinning their interpretations of the evidence that leaves so much out. If you read what they have to say on their various websites, it does sound like she was a sacrificial lamb sent to the gallows inappropriately. This argument is an old one, that there was a suspect police never bothered to investigate. All I can say is that I have not run across one yet that appears to have any valid claim to it. And in ten years not a single ex-girl friend or partner in crime has run to police with stories of the "real killer" confiding in them about the Routier murders.

Goody said:
It is easy to do when you have supporters spinning their interpretations of the evidence that leaves so much out. If you read what they have to say on their various websites, it does sound like she was a sacrificial lamb sent to the gallows inappropriately. This argument is an old one, that there was a suspect police never bothered to investigate. All I can say is that I have not run across one yet that appears to have any valid claim to it. And in ten years not a single ex-girl friend or partner in crime has run to police with stories of the "real killer" confiding in them about the Routier murders.
Very well put! :)

Those of us who live here would have known about that. It didn't happen. Besides, Darlie wasn't raped.

rachellee said:
On the unsolved mysteries video it says there was a serial rapist in Dallas at the time who used knives from the victims home and used a tube sock? Has anyone got anymore info on this or has it been discussed before? Thanks.

Rachellee: Here's what I found on the Dallas rapist. It's in Judge Francis's final findings:

Here's the Link to the Document

652. In support of her argument, Applicant tendered five police reports from the Dallas Police Department. (Applicant’s Writ Exhibits A – E). Applicant argues that the police reports constitute favorable impeachment evidence that directly contradicts Agent Brantley’s crime-scene analysis testimony because: 1) these crimes are similar to this offense and occurred in the year immediately preceding it; 2) in one of the offenses, the intruder held a small knife from the victim’s kitchen against the victim’s throat prior to the sexual assault; 3) in another case, the assailant threatened a child with a kitchen fork; and 4) in four of the cases, the assailant “used a single tube sock—similar to the sock found in the alley behind the Routier residence—to gag his victims and to conceal fingerprints.” (Application at 103).

653. The Court finds that each of the five police reports involved: 1) a sexual assault, 2) with no additional serious bodily injury, 3) committed inside an apartment or at an apartment complex, 4) in the city of Dallas, 5) by an African-American male, Sammie Luckas Cook, Jr., who was apprehended through DNA testing, and 6) a demand for credit cards and cash from his victims. In the one offense involving a child witness, Cook did not sexually assault or physically harm the child.

I saw on Cold Cases one night where a AA rapist wore tube socks on his hands...broke into a house and raped and stabbed two women....but was barefoot so that's how they caught him, LOL.

Dallas is an entirely different area. Rowlett is about a 20 minute drive from Dallas. The crime rates are 100% different. Dallas recently had the highest murder rate in the nation. Rowlett probably had 3 murders in the last few years.

Jeana (DP) said:
Dallas is an entirely different area. Rowlett is about a 20 minute drive from Dallas. The crime rates are 100% different. Dallas recently had the highest murder rate in the nation. Rowlett probably had 3 murders in the last few years.

Yep that's noted in one of this findings...that Dallas was over 12 miles away from the Routier's home.

That Kathryn Shelton case is something eh? I just watched her case not long ago. She was never charged with anything was she?

The only rapist I remember during that time was a DJ from a radio station. I imagine it is the Cook mentioned above. I remember the attacks being at apartment complexes.

i know it's been years but i've never heard about this.....does anyone have any info on this....so the other woman were raped but the children were left alive,darlie was not and her sons were murdered...

Darlie was and still is lying about being raped!! She is a baby killer and has been lying and boo hooing since she did it. The wounds were self inflicted, I am pretty sure that was proven (i could be wrong about that tho) and unless it has changed castoff blood was found on the back of her nightshirt, it couldnt have gotten there any other way but by stabbing. She also partied at the boys grave site. She was living a lifestyle she couldnt afford and didnt want to loose she was given the death penatly but has yet to die....because too many people are buying into her sad lying sob stories. She is a con plain and simple. I have said it many times and will again, I would pay to see her get the needle in her arm. I wish I could petition texas to do it and get it over with. Oh one more point, she tried to claim it was a robbery, but her purse, money and credit cards were left.

i know it's been years but i've never heard about this.....does anyone have any info on this....so the other woman were raped but the children were left alive,darlie was not and her sons were murdered...

Nope, never happened.

It was a rumor started by Darlie's supporters many years after she was convicted. No rapist in Rowlett.

The man convicted of the 5 Dallas rapes is Sammie Luckas Cook, Jr. (public record). If you will read the Court's Findings of Facts and Conclusions of Law in response to Darlie's First Application for Post-Conviction Write of Habeas Corpus they address the rapes in the Dallas area. Begin at #652.

http://www.justicefordarlie.net/tran...ncis-final.php

Basically, the mo was all wrong. This guy raped at apartments or apartment complexes. The Routier's home was some 12 miles from the closest sexual assault. Mr. Cook was black (Darlie maintained that the man she saw was white until the trial, then she couldn't be sure). Cook always robbed his victims; sexually assaulted the women with no additional bodily injury; did not harm the one child that was present during one of his rapes. Cook was also very threatening and vocal toward the women he raped.

This document also addresses the tube sock. I can't find it at the moment, but basically it said the tube sock was found in an area that would be opposite to someone fleeing the scene.

This document also addresses the tube sock. I can't find it at the moment, but basically it said the tube sock was found in an area that would be opposite to someone fleeing the scene.

Yes, an intruder would actually be going deeper into the neighborhood, where he'd be trapped, rather than out of the neighborhood.

It is interesting that they have a "justice for darlie" site but there isnt one for justice for devon and damon. Maybe it is because the family knows deep down that she did it and the only real justice for the boys would for her to actually admit it, stop this scam, and have her sentence carried out.

I remember reading about this. I searched records after records trying to clarify it because this was at a time I was still on the fence.

However, the crimes that was mentioned was happening on the other side of Dallas (VERY BIG CITY) and was happening in Apartment buildings off the freeway. It was proven later that these incidents were NOT CONNECTED TO DARLIE WHAT SO EVER. Just like the black car. Everyone was pulled out of the car, searched , id'd and let go because they had nothing to connect them to scene of the crime and this was not hours after the crime, this was shortly after 911 was called and the PO arrived. The transcripts in regards to the DNA, the Shirt, the breakdown of Darlie on the stand because she found out the jail was reading her letters stating that she knew EXACTLY who killed her boys and attacked her. They called her out on it and she cried like a baby.

It is hard to believe that a mother could kill their children but it seems to happen almost at least once a month lately. We just have to understand that their brains or hearts don't operate the way ours do. Look at Casey Anthony. I am sure it is hard for some to believe she killed her precious baby but obviously she did..of course imo

The man convicted of the 5 Dallas rapes is Sammie Luckas Cook, Jr. (public record). If you will read the Court's Findings of Facts and Conclusions of Law in response to Darlie's First Application for Post-Conviction Write of Habeas Corpus they address the rapes in the Dallas area. Begin at #652.

http://www.justicefordarlie.net/tran...ncis-final.php

Basically, the mo was all wrong. This guy raped at apartments or apartment complexes. The Routier's home was some 12 miles from the closest sexual assault. Mr. Cook was black (Darlie maintained that the man she saw was white until the trial, then she couldn't be sure). Cook always robbed his victims; sexually assaulted the women with no additional bodily injury; did not harm the one child that was present during one of his rapes. Cook was also very threatening and vocal toward the women he raped.

sorry Sue I didn't read your post before I posted mine..

It is interesting that they have a "justice for darlie" site but there isnt one for justice for devon and damon. Maybe it is because the family knows deep down that she did it and the only real justice for the boys would for her to actually admit it, stop this scam, and have her sentence carried out.

Someone at one time tried to start a justice for Devon and Damon site a couple of years ago. She was attacked by some pretty ugly Darlie supporters. So my question is, if you support Darlie, then why don't you support her sons. Anyhow, she took her down because of the rude posts directed at something nice she was trying to do.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffiangel
Back