DNA Doe Project - General Discussion #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
St Tammany Parish John Doe’s Namus was removed and marked as identified.
I’m not seeing where they’re marked as identified but that’s still fantastic news. That seemed like an extremely difficult case

I’m not seeing where they’re marked as identified but that’s still fantastic news. That seemed like an extremely difficult case
Screen Shot 2022-09-29 at 9.43.23 PM.png

Should be interesting to hear how this case played out, hopefully we hear some news at some point/soon (hopefully there could be multiple announcements in the next little while).

View attachment 369830

Should be interesting to hear how this case played out, hopefully we hear some news at some point/soon (hopefully there could be multiple announcements in the next little while).
Yes! I am wondering how he was identified. He had very low matches and the first DDP’s greek-middle eastern case. Interesting, waiting for the updates.

The 4th case where Namus was removed, hopefully there will be announcements soon.

Yes! I am wondering how he was identified. He had very low matches and the first DDP’s greek-middle eastern case. Interesting, waiting for the updates.

The 4th case where Namus was removed, hopefully there will be announcements soon.
I have a hunch it could be from the conference earlier this year or sending out the update on his ancestry

From FB: "That case is still in our pipeline - there was some confusion on our end that resulted in the case being listed on the website prematurely."

Also, another new case -

Just cross-referencing other WS threads:

"Suzanne Jane Doe"

FL - FL - Holt, off I-10, WhtFem 36-45, 595UFFL, Suzanne, Suzette or Sue, Sep'94

DDP identified Patricia Skiple, who was another victim of serial killer Keith Hunter Jesperson

Identified! - CA - Santa Clara Co., Wht/HispFem 497UFCA, 35-45, SK victim, Hwy 152, Jun'93 *Patricia Skiple*

Hope this means that DDP will also work on Blythe California Jane Doe:

CA - CA - Blythe, WhtFem UP7048, 21-26, hitchhiking, maybe 'Claudia', Aug'92

Also small update from the possible match on rebel ray, Natalie Murry isn’t actively pursuing the case anymore so I’ve forwarded all of the information to the new investigator and am waiting on his response now

I actually asked DDP through Messenger months ago if they could take on Rancho Cucamonga Jane Doe 1979. DDP said they contacted the law enforcement agency in charge of her case and would message me for more updates. I haven't received another response from them. I hope this means RCJD is actually being worked on even though it might be by another lab.

Freeborn County John Doe has a new reconstruction by Carl Koppelman.

Also there is an update on Grundy County Jane Doe

Recently, the Doe project discovered what was “initially believed to be a half-sister” to the victim. However, a few weeks ago, the project learned that person is a first cousin to the victim from New York.

“We have had several close matches like this where it’s a first cousin, second cousin, somewhere in the tree. It just needs that right match, the right puzzle piece, so to speak. To find out who she is, within this family tree, and what her name is. What they say now is it’s possible that our Jane Doe was born in either Selma, AL. or Cincinnati, OH,” Johnson said.

Sounds like it was a lucky break more than anything, similar to Shirley Cassel, still though, amazing news.

I think after the leg was found and the man identified , the DDP helped the police to find the relatives of the guy in Ohio, but lets wait for the announcment of the DDP
Sounds like it was a lucky break more than anything, similar to Shirley Cassel, still though, amazing news.

St Tammany John Doe page was moved to identified

Investigators from the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff’s Office were able to develop investigative leads that led to the identification of Kleanthis Konstantinidis after the discovery of his severed foot on a Biloxi property owned by the chief suspect in his murder. Investigative genetic genealogy was used to establish the ancestry of this John Doe, but his matches were very distant relatives.

Kenosha John Doe and Porter County Jane Doe are listed as donation cases. Also Dane County Doe is at 40% of their donation costs.
It is a bit strange, Kenosha John Doe has been in research for around 3 years, I thought his expenses were covered long time ago

It is a bit strange, Kenosha John Doe has been in research for around 3 years, I thought his expenses were covered long time ago
Maybe they’re trying to build a new kit for him. I hope it’s not a matter of using the case to cover site costs and such

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member