Health, Hygiene and Safety Tips for living under Coronavirus quarantine

Status
Not open for further replies.
HOW is that show still on the air? Seriously - THERE'S NOTHING THERE!!!

Shhh! The producers do NOT want folks to figure that out! Hush and watch the commercials.

images

Hi everyone,

I wanted to let you know of an app my family and friends and I are using. It’s called Marco Polo. It’s similar to snap chat but it doesn’t disappear once you view it. You can leave a video message, interact live and do all sorts of things. My four year old niece, with the help of her mom, asked everyone in our group what our favorite food was.

Does anyone else have any good apps to share?

Edit: missing word

My high school students are officially off "break" and are chomping at the bit to learn and connect with the school community (some of them, anyway!). Makes me proud. Reminds me that they are the best of us. They are our precious legacy and greatest natural resource.

Right now I’m currently keeping sane by sewing masks for hospitals. But when I finally run out of supplies, I don’t know what I will do. This project has kept my mind occupied. I was having anxiety attacks daily until I started this 3 days ago.
Our local Joann Fabrics is providing fabric and elastic just looking for sewers - maybe yours does too? If you are near one ?

Our neighborhood is doing the bear hunt for the local kids who are at home going to school - bear in the window etc- parents walk around with the kids and look for bears in the window - I hung a dinosaur in my big oak tree because my windows are hidden by foliage - the neighborhood kids (and parents) are loving it - easily takes two hours and they can do spelling and numbers along the way (street signs and house numbers)

Our local Joann Fabrics is providing fabric and elastic just looking for sewers - maybe yours does too? If you are near one ?
Our closest one is not doing that. So a little village pooled our resources to provide for the hospitals in nearby cities. I have two bags on my porch now for people to pick up. One is supplies for making masks that I'm sharing and the other is finished masks.

Our closest one is not doing that. So a little village pooled our resources to provide for the hospitals in nearby cities. I have two bags on my porch now for people to pick up. One is supplies for making masks that I'm sharing and the other is finished masks.
I love your mask project @JaneEyre! I’m following your story- great work!

I’m so impressed - I have an at risk student in my house who didn’t think to bring the mask purchased prior to all this - and now we may not be able to retrieve it or the university stuff because of the stay home order - I think every mask helps flatten the curve so thank you

Oh my gosh, this thread is wonderful. I had a minor teary meltdown tonight when some of my four teens gave me a hard time about a mandatory family workout. I'm tired and stressed and lonely.
That’s a simple fix. It’s not a mandatory workout. It’s a dinner ticket. :D Forgive my silliness, but I’ve had teens & feel your pain. The good news is that the teen years, coronavirus, stress & loneliness will all pass. Sneak some chocolate & maintain control of the remote!♥️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nursestump