Health, Hygiene and Safety Tips for living under Coronavirus quarantine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to church with my Aunt & Uncle this morning. There were maybe 50 people there. Me and one other lady were wearing masks. The men were shaking hands, a few hugs amongst the ladies but most of us remained 3’ apart and waved. I didn’t touch a soul. As a guest, I may have seemed standoffish. Oh well. It was a nice service with a band of musicians.

I have mentioned before, but it's a good time to repeat...the Catholic diocese of Fort Worth has done an incredible job keeping weekend Masses safe. We are required to stay below 50% capacity. Masks are required. I see the ushers counting people. Until two weeks ago, every other pew was blocked off and we were assigned seats as we arrived. We were also told when we could leave. I am so grateful to be able to attend church in person and still feel safe.

Actually, I checked today, and bought one. They were back in stock online.

How do you like your air purifier?

A couple of things that we've noticed with ours: When I strip the bed to change sheets, the red light comes on for a while, then changes to yellow, and eventually returns to blue. When DH does the monthly drain cleaner in the Master Bath (two sinks, shower), the red light comes on, then yellow, then back to blue. On a few occasions when we've opened our bedroom window for fresh air, the light will change color momentarily, but returns to blue quickly.

A couple of things that we've noticed with ours: When I strip the bed to change sheets, the red light comes on for a while, then changes to yellow, and eventually returns to blue. When DH does the monthly drain cleaner in the Master Bath (two sinks, shower), the red light comes on, then yellow, then back to blue. On a few occasions when we've opened our bedroom window for fresh air, the light will change color momentarily, but returns to blue quickly.

I really like it. I keep it next to our kitty box. It stays blue most of the time, but turns red when I scoop it.

I went to church with my Aunt & Uncle this morning. There were maybe 50 people there. Me and one other lady were wearing masks. The men were shaking hands, a few hugs amongst the ladies but most of us remained 3’ apart and waved. I didn’t touch a soul. As a guest, I may have seemed standoffish. Oh well. It was a nice service with a band of musicians.
Oh my goodness! That’s scary - only you and another lady has on a mask!!

I still have mine in my room by the door which is right below the air vent. I have less allergy trouble when I sleep. It also has a slight sound which muffles outside sounds. I live on a corner. Definitely glad I got it!

CDC sets rules for trial cruises with volunteer passengers (detroitnews.com)

Cruise lines can soon begin trial voyages in U.S. waters with volunteer passengers helping test whether the ships can sail safely during a pandemic.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention gave ship operators final technical guidelines Wednesday for the trial runs. The CDC action is a step toward resuming cruises in U.S. waters, possibly by July, for the first time since March 2020.

A spokeswoman for the cruise industry’s tour group said the group was reviewing the CDC instructions...

DH and I have taken many cruises and would not get on a cruise ship during this pandemic regardless of the safety protocols that are put in place. The notion of a cruise vacation with so many restrictions is not at all appealing. Who wants to spend money for a trip and not have the freedom to do what you want? I've read the protocols that are being enacted by various cruise lines, and some of the restrictions are ridiculous!

Last edited:
CDC sets rules for trial cruises with volunteer passengers (detroitnews.com)

Cruise lines can soon begin trial voyages in U.S. waters with volunteer passengers helping test whether the ships can sail safely during a pandemic.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention gave ship operators final technical guidelines Wednesday for the trial runs. The CDC action is a step toward resuming cruises in U.S. waters, possibly by July, for the first time since March 2020.

A spokeswoman for the cruise industry’s tour group said the group was reviewing the CDC instructions...

DH and I have taken many cruises and would not get on a cruise ship during this pandemic regardless of the safety protocols that are put in place. The notion of a cruise vacation with so many restrictions is not at all appealing. Who wants to spend money for a trip and not have the freedom to do what you want? I've read the protocols that are being enacted by various cruise lines, and some of the restrictions are ridiculous!

I really don't understand the CDC. COVID-19 Vaccination

It states that fully vaccinated people still need to wear masks!? Well? What was the point of the vaccine?

To protect yourself from one of the small percentages of breakthrough cases. The vaccine is still giving you some freedom that you didn’t have without it. For example, I had three guests for dinner last night. We were all vaccinated. So it was just like normal times, no masks. However, when I’m out and in public, I’m wear a mask. For my own protection from that slight risk of a breakthrough or a covid variant.

I really don't understand the CDC. COVID-19 Vaccination

It states that fully vaccinated people still need to wear masks!? Well? What was the point of the vaccine?
My cousin tells us the variants are the reason to continue the mask wearing. Of course I have been isolating and wearing masks for years as a cancer (bone marrow transplant) patient so it's nothing new to me. I don't wear them when I'm outside riding tho. I do wear them in the stores even if there isn't a requirement.

You can read his blog here:
https://www.jud2.ct.gov/crdockets/C...ding&Key=a8daac1e-d764-40cf-9591-df8896f0320a

To protect yourself from one of the small percentages of breakthrough cases. The vaccine is still giving you some freedom that you didn’t have without it. For example, I had three guests for dinner last night. We were all vaccinated. So it was just like normal times, no masks. However, when I’m out and in public, I’m wear a mask. For my own protection from that slight risk of a breakthrough or a covid variant.
I also do it because we don't know that I cannot still be carrying the virus to others who are not vaccinated. I know that there are people out there like my aunts who are truly afraid to get vaccinated. And whether or not that's a rational decision on their part, I still want to protect them and others like them.

CDC plans to drop mask requirements for fully vaccinated people (nbcnews.com)

The guidance is based on research showing the high effectiveness of the vaccines.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is expected to announce that people who are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 no longer need to wear masks or physically distance, indoors or outdoors in most circumstances, according to two sources familiar with the recommendations.

The new recommendation comes more than a year after the CDC first recommended that Americans should wear masks to protect against spreading or catching the coronavirus. At that time, the U.S. was logging more than 1,000 Covid-19 deaths per day.

A person is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after the last dose of Covid-19 vaccine. That gives the immune system enough time to develop antibodies against the virus. According to CDC data, more than 35 percent of the population has been fully vaccinated...

I had to do errands this morning after my doctor appointment. It was early and every store was nearly deserted.

Family Dollar, Ace Hardware and Walgreens still required a mask. In each store there were only 1 or 2 other shoppers besides me.

Walmart was still doing a headcount at the door and handing out masks if you needed one. They were not busy either. I did see other shoppers but no problem keeping my distance.

I really don't look for everyone to just drop the mask mandate because the CDC said you could. The county here in FL dropped the mask mandate about a month ago. However, the stores don't know who was vaccinated. All the stores still have signs up on the doors that you need one.

I'm not sure if this qualifies for this thread or not but it is pandemic related and it could save you money. I applied and qualified on my income. But you can qualify other ways also, like having a child in school.

The Emergency Broadband Benefit provides a discount of up to $50 per month towards broadband service for eligible households and up to $75 per month for those on Tribal lands. Eligible households can also receive a one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase a laptop, desktop, or tablet from participating providers if they contribute $10-$50 toward the purchase price.

Link:
Emergency Broadband Benefit Program - Universal Service Administrative Company

Not having to wear a mask if one is fully vaccinated is a welcome relief, but I fear that those who have not been vaccinated but want to go without a mask will taken advantage of the news. Those who have been reluctant to get the vaccine will figure that they don't need to get it now and that no one will be the wiser when they show up in places of business without a mask. Those who don't get vaccinated will spread it to others who aren't vaccinated and keep the virus circulating indefinitely. Michigan's mask mandate is in effect until May 24, and there's no word yet on when or if that will change.

Michigan’s mask mandate still in effect, despite new CDC guidelines (clickondetroit.com)

Last edited:

I really like it. I keep it next to our kitty box. It stays blue most of the time, but turns red when I scoop it.

I still have mine in my room by the door which is right below the air vent. I have less allergy trouble when I sleep. It also has a slight sound which muffles outside sounds. I live on a corner. Definitely glad I got it!

can ya'll tell me which air purifer you bought? I'm in the market for one

I'm not sure if this qualifies for this thread or not but it is pandemic related and it could save you money. I applied and qualified on my income. But you can qualify other ways also, like having a child in school.

The Emergency Broadband Benefit provides a discount of up to $50 per month towards broadband service for eligible households and up to $75 per month for those on Tribal lands. Eligible households can also receive a one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase a laptop, desktop, or tablet from participating providers if they contribute $10-$50 toward the purchase price.

Link:
Emergency Broadband Benefit Program - Universal Service Administrative Company
Thank you! I had seen this posted on NextDoor and your post prompted me to apply! Easy to do online!

can ya'll tell me which air purifer you bought? I'm in the market for one
This is the one the 3 of us bought on Amazon. We all love them and we can tell a difference.

LEVOIT Air Purifier for Home Allergies and Pets Hair Smokers in Bedroom, H13 True HEPA Filter, 24db Filtration System Cleaner Odor Eliminators, Remove 99.97% Dust Smoke Mold Pollen, Core 300, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmwllm