Holiday and Winter Alternatives for Social Distancing Gatherings

I had my annual last week where I got my flu shot. I told my provider that I was due for my Covid booster and she strongly suggested that I wait a month between shots. When I asked why, she said that she felt like our bodies did have to do some work to "process" for lack of a better word, the vaccines. She felt it was best to let our bodies work with one at a time. Thoughts about this? Anyone else been told this?

Interesting. I had not heard that. DH had his flu shot last week and told the nurse that he was scheduled for his Pfizer booster next week. She didn't say that he shouldn't get it. When I had my flu shot at Rite Aid yesterday, I told the tech that I would get my Covid booster next week, and she made no mention of postponing it. Mentioned getting the booster next week to the lab tech this morning, as well. I have read that some people are getting their flu shot and Covid booster at the same time. IIRC, there are some Websleuths members who have done just that, so there must not be a firm consensus on the subject. JMO

ETA: Flu shot and COVID booster: Can you get both shots at the same time? (usatoday.com)

Peak flu season is approaching as the coronavirus pandemic continues, and families across the country are on the lookout for fevers, congestion and other symptoms.

As you’re scheduling a flu shot, you might be wondering – can I get vaccinated against the flu and COVID-19 at the same time?

Health officials, doctors and other medical providers are letting Americans know that you can safely get your flu shot and COVID-19 vaccine at the same time.

“The great news is yes, you can get both vaccines at the same time or in close proximity to each other...

Last edited:
The year before covid hit, a pharmacist didn't want to give me my DTAP vax until she confirmed it had been a month since my flu shot (althoughshe said 3 weeks would do, but she preferred 4). So yeah, this definitely used to be a thing. Because of that, I'm trying not to get mine too close together

Interesting. I had not heard that. DH had his flu shot last week and told the nurse that he was scheduled for his Pfizer booster next week. She didn't say that he shouldn't get it. When I had my flu shot at Rite Aid yesterday, I told the tech that I would get my Covid booster next week, and she made no mention of postponing it. Mentioned getting the booster next week to the lab tech this morning, as well. I have read that some people are getting their flu shot and Covid booster at the same time. IIRC, there are some Websleuths members who have done just that, so there must not be a firm consensus on the subject. JMO

ETA: Flu shot and COVID booster: Can you get both shots at the same time? (usatoday.com)

Peak flu season is approaching as the coronavirus pandemic continues, and families across the country are on the lookout for fevers, congestion and other symptoms.

As you’re scheduling a flu shot, you might be wondering – can I get vaccinated against the flu and COVID-19 at the same time?

Health officials, doctors and other medical providers are letting Americans know that you can safely get your flu shot and COVID-19 vaccine at the same time.

“The great news is yes, you can get both vaccines at the same time or in close proximity to each other...

DH and I got our high dose flu shot and Pfizer booster the same day, in early October. One shot in each arm. My arms were a little sore that day but were fine the next day.

We celebrate Thanksgiving at home and usually travel for Christmas. We go by car (4-ish hour drive) but stayed home last year. I'm curious to see how things are after Thanksgiving, since we really saw some surges after it last year. We didn't really decide on staying home vs travel until about 2 weeks before Christmas last year. Not sure what we will do.

Not a large gathering but a few are unvaccinated. *Shrug* I hate having to make decisions like this. My husband usually leaves it up to me and then I feel like the "bad guy."

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gingi
Back