IN - 8 Dead at Indianapolis FedEx Facility Mass Shooting, 15 Apr 2021

SoCalDavidS

Reaction score
Reports say at least 8 people have been shot.

Shooter committed suicide.

https://www.wrtv.com/news/local-new...shots-fired-at-fedex-facility-in-indianapolis

Watch Live: Multiple people shot, gunman fatally shoots self at FedEx facility - WISH-TV | Indianapolis News | Indiana Weather | Indiana Traffic

The FedEx incident is the fourth mass shooting in Indianapolis this year, according to the Gun Violence Archive. The others were March 15 in the 2300 block of North Harding Street, Feb. 13 in the 3800 block of North Sherman Drive, and Jan. 24 in the 3540 block of Adams Street.

Statement from FedEx:

"We are aware of the tragic shooting at our FedEx Ground facility near the Indianapolis airport. Safety is our top priority, and our thoughts are with all those who are affected," FedEx said in a statement early Thursday morning. "We are working to gather more information and are cooperating with investigating authorities.”

8 dead, several wounded following mass shooting at Indianapolis FedEx facility: Police

"I saw a man with a submachine gun of some sort, an automatic rifle, and he was firing in the open. I immediately ducked down and got scared and my friend’s mother, she came in and told us to get inside the car,” Miller told WISH.

The two men left the building and watched about 30 police cars arrive to respond, Boillat said.

Police arrived at the scene of the shooting at around 11:00 p.m. local time to an active-shooter situation and entered the facility without hesitation .... "The officers responded, they came in, they went in and they did their job," Cook said. "A lot of them are trying to face this because this is a sight no one should ever have to see."

FedEx facility shooting kills 8 in Indianapolis: Live updates

Police asked anyone with family members who work at the facility who haven't been able to contact them to go to a nearby Holiday Inn. Chaplains are there to assist families, she said

"There are a lot of ... family members who are still arriving and still learning about this incident. This occurred after many went to bed and some are just now waking up to this. We ask for your continued support for everyone here involved."

The FBI told CBS News it hasn't been asked to join the investigation but stands ready to.

Live Updates: At least 8 dead in shooting at FedEx facility in Indianapolis

upload_2021-4-16_4-25-19.jpeg
Police have not confirmed any other deaths, FOX 59 reporter Courtney Crown reported, although several witnesses claimed they saw more victims on the ground not moving.

We have multiple people with injuries consistent with gunshot wounds," police said during a news conference after 1 a.m. Friday ET, according to local NPR reporter Brock E.W. Turner.
Indianapolis FedEx shooting leaves at least 8 dead; suspect kills self: reports

So, did he shoot at others on the way to the FedEx site? This man's niece was shot at a nearby Mobil station by the gunman.

This man’s niece was in her BMW SUV at the Mobil gas station at Ameriplex and Exploration Drive when a gunman fired. In the next tweet I’ll show the damage. She was shot in the shoulder, but is expected to be okay.
https://twitter.com/CrownJournalist/status/1382913248526225415

On CNN, it sounds like he started shooting as soon as he got out of his car in the parking lot. Didn't get very far inside the facility.

Have seen this facility many times from I-70, driving through Indianapolis.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant
Back