Is MJD Tawni Lee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, Kerry, and I agree completely...This is how she should be remembered. Tawni was simply a completely adorable young lady.

I do think the threads with the other photos should be archived, as this case can be the "guidebook" for investigating future cases.

As for the reporting of missing persons...Unfortunately, the woefully outdated mindset of some in LE is that taking a report on every person reported missing would generate needless paperwork, take up too many man-hours that could be dedicated elsewhere, blah, blah...In the '50s and '60s, this may have been the case, when officers had to 'hunt and peck' their way through multi-page reports that had to be typed in triplicate with individual pieces of carbon paper. But in today's era of rampant technology? A few minutes entering the basic info into the NCIC database could reunite so many families...
Sorry, putting the soapbox away now.

Thank you, Kerry, and I agree completely...This is how she should be remembered. Tawni was simply a completely adorable young lady.

I do think the threads with the other photos should be archived, as this case can be the "guidebook" for investigating future cases.

As for the reporting of missing persons...Unfortunately, the woefully outdated mindset of some in LE is that taking a report on every person reported missing would generate needless paperwork, take up too many man-hours that could be dedicated elsewhere, blah, blah...In the '50s and '60s, this may have been the case, when officers had to 'hunt and peck' their way through multi-page reports that had to be typed in triplicate with individual pieces of carbon paper. But in today's era of rampant technology? A few minutes entering the basic info into the NCIC database could reunite so many families...
Sorry, putting the soapbox away now.

You are absolutely right shadowangel! I contacted a San Francisco police department several months ago with a possible match for a missing person and the detective I spoke to - while very kind - had never even heard of the National Center for Missing Adults! I had to walk him through the entire process. At the VERY least, every PD in the country should be aware of these sites! We can all thank Tawni for showing us how much room for improvement there is in these cases.

You are absolutely right shadowangel! I contacted a San Francisco police department several months ago with a possible match for a missing person and the detective I spoke to - while very kind - had never even heard of the National Center for Missing Adults! I had to walk him through the entire process. At the VERY least, every PD in the country should be aware of these sites! We can all thank Tawni for showing us how much room for improvement there is in these cases.

That reminds me of a young WV state trooper I spoke with some time ago about a UID found there...He thought The Doe Network was a website about deer hunting. :waitasec:

I am hoping that we can take down all of the horrifying photos... let's replace them with photos of her life.

I know my eyes are tired right now, but where did the new photos go?:waitasec:

I know my eyes are tired right now, but where did the new photos go?:waitasec:

No-we just let Kerry know that some of them including the young children and her pretty self were available on the WWW for all to see and that we could not control how they were going to be used.

Christine has offered to photoshop them so we can look at the candids of Tawni....

No-we just let Kerry know that some of them including the young children and her pretty self were available on the WWW for all to see and that we could not control how they were going to be used.

Christine has offered to photoshop them so we can look at the candids of Tawni....

Ok. Thanks:crazy:

Our beautiful Tawni

Thank you so much, Kerry. I think I can speak for all of the Websleuthers who worked to get Tawni back to her family, it means so very much to us to see her beautiful, vibrant face in life. We have been working from the end to the beginning of her story, while you, her family, was working from the beginning to the end. I'm so sorry for your loss and hope that you will remember Tawni as she is in your family photos. :blowkiss:

Oh my gosh that last pic just sent chills down my spine. If I'd seen that, I would have known right away that was her.

I lightened it up so you could see her face.

95724599qb0.jpg

Nuts...I know. Never met her..never heard her talk, her voice.

I want to grab that face and just love her all over, tell her how sorry I am.....

and also..wanna tell her how JEALOUS I am....in my eyes, she is walking on streets of gold right now, living in a mansion...w/many rooms ;)

I so want to dance with her, celebrate her life NOW.

Did dee let Shane know she was IDd? I'm sure he'd like to know.

I want to grab that face and just love her all over, tell her how sorry I am.....

and also..wanna tell her how JEALOUS I am....in my eyes, she is walking on streets of gold right now, living in a mansion...w/many rooms ;)

Oh Christine!!!! That is so lovely. We HAVE been loving her - all this time. I know I have carried her with me every day since I found her here and hoping and praying we could get her back to where she belonged. We should celebrate her life and ache for her and her family and be certain that she is in a better place and safe from harm and worry. It's such a bittersweet time for all involved. So hard to put into words, but you did. Thank you! :blowkiss:

and ache for her and her family

That is the hardest part. Why why why....did it have to happen this way???? Why did the family have to find her in this manner?

No excuse IMO.

We must take this opportunity to act, not harp on what could have been done, but what can be done now.

CAMPAIGN FOR THE MISSING

You CAN make a difference ;)

THIS IS SO EASY!

That is the hardest part. Why why why....did it have to happen this way???? Why did the family have to find her in this manner?

No excuse IMO.

We must take this opportunity to act, not harp on what could have been done, but what can be done now.

CAMPAIGN FOR THE MISSING

You CAN make a difference ;)

THIS IS SO EASY!

The legislation is only one part of this. What can WE do to create ONE central database for missing persons - that is updated daily? The information is so scattered and I can see where it might be difficult for families, LE and volunteers to navigate. How can we reign it all in and create a single database of missing persons that tells us whether fingerprints, DNA or dentals are available and how to submit possible matches? What more can we do to make it simple to search for loved ones who are missing?

My husband is a software developer and I have OFTEN times said to him if there ever came a time when he wasn't working 60-80 hours a week, I'd want him to build me a website that did exactly that. I truly believe that's what I'm meant to do in this life, I just don't know how to make it happen. No one should ever have lose their identity this way.

She was a beautiful girl. She looks so happy in that picture. I'm glad her family has her back. I know it must be hard to learn the truth but the healing can begin now. RIP sweet girl.

Tawni's family,
Thank you so much for sharing the photo's of Tawni'. It's so nice to see her in life, smiling... She has been a part of us here at WS for so long, it's nice, yet sad, to see resolution and see her "home". I look forward to seeing more pictures and hearing more memories when you have time.

Tawni will always be special to all of us here at WS.

That reminds me of a young WV state trooper I spoke with some time ago about a UID found there...He thought The Doe Network was a website about deer hunting. :waitasec:
OMG!!! Are you serious!!??!! :confused:

Christine, that is beautiful. :blowkiss:

Thank you all so much for never giving up on our Tawni, and for all your thoughts and prayers. Tawni was a beautiful girl and forever loved and missed beyond words. We became more like sisters then cousins. I wanted to share my favorite photo of the 2 of us, happy and carefree little girls full of life. This is how I will always remember Tawni.

Thank you again,
Kerry
OH!! I have seen baby pics of Tawni but none at this age! Look at you two! So cute it looks like the little rascals!
Take care
Kerry

Kelly~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads