JLM: The Arrest

"Then she says, "He hit the brakes, throwing up sand and looked at me. He leaned over the console and stared. It was frightening."

That's because in those few seconds, she made the connection between the man looking at her, and the face in the mugshot that has been circulating nationwide since Graham's disappearance."

But "Karen" also says that she resembles HG & honestly, I don't see it.

I don't think she looks like Hannah exactly, but as a general type, and from a distance, I could see him wanting a closer look at her. Especially if it turns out he's connected to the other crimes - she definitely fits in with the overall look of the women in a general sense.

"Then she says, "He hit the brakes, throwing up sand and looked at me. He leaned over the console and stared. It was frightening."

That's because in those few seconds, she made the connection between the man looking at her, and the face in the mugshot that has been circulating nationwide since Graham's disappearance."

But "Karen" also says that she resembles HG & honestly, I don't see it.
lol....awesome for her being alert and recognizing him!!! Way to go, but she doesn't look a thing like Hannah!! not in her wildest dreams!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This article relates to multiple forums here but I'm sticking to the arrest forum.

He was offered two phone calls, but refused to make them, according to the Albemarle Charlottesville Regional Jail. He's sleeping on a mattress on the floor in a cell so spare that it doesn't even have bathroom facilities, according to a jail official.

So he isn't even talking to his attorney? :facepalm:

Lots more here: http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/27/us/virginia-hannah-graham/

For quick reference also adding the Probable Cause Affidavit from the arrest in Galveston. JM refused to give "nearest relative" information. I'm seeing a pattern here with his refusal to talk PERIOD which does note bode well for finding poor Hannah.

:gaah:

http://ftpcontent5.worldnow.com/wsls/newsdocuments/Jesse Matthew Warrant Arrest1.pdf

Yes- on the Nancy Grace show the other night, she asked Mark Klaas what he thought the chances were that JM would talk-he said "It will be a cold day in hell before he gives LE any information about Hannah."

lol....awesome for her being alert and recognizing him!!! Way to go, but she doesn't look a thing like Hannah!! not in her wildest dreams!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe she's 5'11" like Hannah, that would be the only resemblance ...

Maybe she's 5'11" like Hannah, that would be the only resemblance ...

Karen was sitting (or lounging) on the tailgate of her SUV. She's a light-haired, white female, and he would have sighted her from a distance to start with...

Maybe they can negotiate with him for info, For instance, maybe he can get pants for info, Oherwise, he gets a paper gown

I also don't think he'll be giving any useful info soon- it's hard to put yourself in the mindset of someone who has done something like this. I hoped, at first, that he may not be responsible, but SO many things keep coming out. I think that self preservation (& deny everything) is going to be how he deals with it.

As every day passes, I can't imagine how Hannah's family can handle this.

Has anyone said why he headed to Galveston instead of continuing straight South to Mexico?

Has anyone said why he headed to Galveston instead of continuing straight South to Mexico?

Longo said it was "unclear" why. Maybe he was feeling stuck, didn't know where to go next. I don't think he had a passport to get to Mexico.

I said this on another forum...but the place he was found was a place that a serial killer in the 70s buried many bodies...that same beach. Also, on another thought...has there been a discussion on the name he gave George Carr? From what I read, there was an African American baseball player born in 1894 named George Carr. Just wondering if there is a clue in the name?? Body near a baseball field or near a field?

Birdbox, in the interview of his grandmother it is revealed that her last name is Carr. There is local history about a Civil War era lawyer named George Carr, and I've seen it speculated that JLM could be descended from one of Carr's slaves. You can read about him here: http://www.monticello.org/site/jefferson/george-carr

Probably a silly question, but at this point, he wouldn't be a serial killer because you need 3 victims?? Multiple murderer?

#ComeHomeChristina

People keep saying he's a dummy, but seriously, what would he do in Mexico?

Where would he live? Where would he get food? What would he do for a job?

People keep saying he's a dummy, but seriously, what would he do in Mexico?

Where would he live? Where would he get food? What would he do for a job?

The Bolivar Peninsula is on the Gulf of Mexico. I think he was going to try to get a job on a fishing boat.

I don't know how she could be so sure he was the guy. Yes, it ended up being him, but I think it was more that there was "big scary black guy with dreads" on the beach and she didn't like it. He doesn't look evil. He looks normal and a lot like my husband (except my husband has a full beard).

I'm glad it turned out to be him and she didn't accuse some poor guy of something when he just happened to be near her and be a black man. Racism is very much alive and well in this part of Texas, unfortunately.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AMK
Back