KY - Erica Lawson Charged in 17 month old daughter Elena's Death by Severe Abuse including SA, Middlesboro, 28 July 2023

There have been no further arrests made, and DNA test results are still pending from the laboratory for multiple submissions related to potential involvement in the case.

There have been no further arrests made, and DNA test results are still pending from the laboratory for multiple submissions related to potential involvement in the case.

I want them to hurry with the DNA (but, of course be accurate)... I want these evil, evil $%^$#^% arrested yesterday!

Did EL not provide names for quick testing??

Lawson appeared in Bell County Circuit Court via Zoom Monday, from where she is being held in Bourbon County, Kentucky. Her defense team filed a motion to dismiss the case or the court to strike death as an available penalty.

After hearing from Lawson’s defense team and State Attorney for Bell County Lisa Fugate, Judge Keith Nagle decided to postpone the motion hearing to March 20, after Fugate requested additional time to respond to the motion. She said the state received the motion on Friday.

Lawson’s attorney Gregory Coulson said the defense has been waiting for the state’s clarification on why the death penalty should apply to this case.

“What’s notable to me, your honor, is that the Commonwealth, once they received this motion, took the time to respond to the other motions that were pending but did not respond to this motion. And in fact, this motion, the initial motion for the bill of particulars was raised in arraignment five months ago,” Coulson said during the hearing.

The motion to dismiss was filed in January 2024. It claims that the case against Lawson was rushed and that there is “zero evidence that any person sexually abused the child.”

The motion also claimed that there was no male DNA found on or in the child. Fugate said that this, among other assertions in the motion, was misleading. She said there is still more testing to be completed.

“Testing is not complete on that, and that’s absolutely untrue. There’s actually been, I want to say four male DNA, what we call buckle standards, DNA standards, in order to compare that DNA that’s pending right now,” Fugate said.

She also said any additional arrests in the case will depend on the remaining DNA results.
Attorney for Kentucky mom charged in child’s death wants death penalty off the table

Nagle said the state has until Feb. 17 to file its memorandum on the bill of particulars. The defense will then have until March 8 to file a response. The reset hearing will take place on March 20 at 9 a.m.
from the link just above

1714685401469.jpeg
Erica Lawson is so hated and her alleged crime so widely known in her home county that there's no way to ensure she can get a fair trial from jurors picked from the Bell County, Ky., area, her lawyers contend.

They've filed a motion, along with dozens of pages of exhibits, seeking a change of venue out of the southeast Kentucky area.

They say so much is known about the murder case that they can't rely on jurors who live anywhere within the Knoxville media market.

Commonwealth's Attorney Lisa Fugate is seeking the death penalty when Lawson faces trial.

Many people oppose the imposition of the Death Penalty, but IMO, this horror should go to the top of the list for the DP.

Fly high, Little Girl, never will you feel fear or pain again.

I'm quite concerned about what is or is not happening with this case. So, as of March 2024 no male DNA was found on Elena's body. But, today they stated they are waiting on further testing?

“After an extensive investigation and long-awaited DNA result, the Kentucky State Police Forensic Lab found a lack of male DNA in their analysis.

Furthermore, after the release of the Autopsy Report (prepared by Kentucky Medical Examiners Office gathered by East Tennessee Children’s Hospital specifically the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit), it has now been revealed the cause of death of Elena Hembree was non accidental blunt force trauma.

Read more at: MPD issues update on investigation into Baby Elena’s death - Claiborne Progress

Moo.. cannot access above link. The autopsy report, not what I expected , what is accurate?

I am glad to know that at least Elena did not suffer SA. Bad enough that she died through blunt force trauma but my heart hurt thinking she suffered further indignities before her death.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drena519
Back