LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick question - aren't RSO not supposed to have any social media/networking? I feel like I read that somewhere. How does LE monitor that? Does LinkedIn and MyLife count? I don't know much about MyLife but the fact that you have to pay makes it seem like a site for finding "dates". Ugh! What a creep! I hate him! Especially his profiles are clearly "enhanced".

I wish RSOs had to have SEX OFFENDER tattooed in bright red ink on their foreheads!

I like the "Girl With the Dragon Tattoo"-style rapist designation a little better.

If, for example, BL gave his mother some things to hold for him, there is nothing to say she would have gone through them. She probably believed his story at the time, about it being consensual or whatever. He may have given her a lock box of some kind, telling her it was his important papers. Or, he may have buried them someplace.
Security deposit box?
Just jumping off your post cluciano hope you don't mind and not directed at anyone in particular.

I am getting the impression that some feel you take a DNA sample and you get a match and yes sometimes that is how it works.

Often though, especially at crime scenes, there are MIXED DNA samples where there could be a number of contributors. This is where it gets complicated as a good defense team can argue the fact that there are other alelles thus other potential POI.

Sometimes a prosecution will not present all the DNA evidence for this reason alone.
I was wondering about that... Like what if she ad "relations" with a boyfriend and BSL came later. Maybe he was watching her get ready for bed then???

Just curious to everyone else's opinion based on the FACTS what do you think his defense will be?
He was FRAMED!
I was going to comment that the person in the sketch looks like he has a receding hairline, and BSL doesn't, but then I saw gngr~snap's pic of him on post "1484... His hairline looks like its receding as well...
Jmo
It was dark when the landlord saw him, he could have just picked a generic "style" if he wasn't sure.

moo

if a criminal tells their atty that they "did it" midtrial, but tells atty not to tell. the atty has to report that, right? or is that malpractice? i know it seems like a stupid question, but at this point, things that seem obvious to me in fact aren't. logic seems to not be so anymore. it seems more like a game with silly rules to play by rather than a system that makes sense.

Currently 55 members and 68 guests viewing. Come-on guests and register with WS and join in on the discussions. :fence:

Well it is a little interesting to consider what was found and what types of items it had to have been for a different person to store those items during the time he was in prison (8 years). In my opinion only, it could not have been purses because no one really is going to store purses for a guy going to prison. It had to have been more like IDs which he had wrapped up somehow probably hidden in a jacket, buried in the bottom of a box or in the pocket of a suitcase with shaving gear wrapped over it, etc. This is the only thing that makes any sense to me. Like IDs wadded up with a rubberband tied around them and buried in a jacket pocket at the bottom of a box of whatever. I just cannot fathom that it would be anything bigger. Can anyone remember what the item was that was found and the blogger on here said her friend was called about the item and the cop said "we are just glad you are alive"? Was the item an ID?

It is now concerning me that that murder was in New Orleans. There are always tons of missing women/murdered women in New Orleans. Isn't his method normally peeping through windows, entrance through windows rape and murder by knifing? How old was the New Orleans victim? Was she white? I think that case, because of the sketch, is our strongest third murder victim possibility. I wonder how he knew that victim? Was that random? Or was it someone who wrote to him in prison or was a friend of a visitor in prison? I think his visitation logs need to be checked thoroughly to see if that particular murder victim was on his visitation logs or ANY visitation logs. I would also be interested to see his correspondence logs in the prison he was in before the New Orleans murder. Perhaps that victim was totally random like Mickey -- but he was in New Orleans staying with someone......

here is a link to Jessica Hawk's story
[ame="http://helpfindthemissing.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17093"]Jessica "Jess" Hawk, Murdered, Aug. 7, 2008, N. Orleans, (Unsolved) - Help Find The Missing[/ame]

does BSL have any male friends? so far it's only women that have come forward with stories of him. where are the guys he worked with? who did he hang out with? did he go to bars? if so, which ones? Did he hunt or fish? if so, with who? did he go to football games? it's odd for a single guy in South Louisiana to not have friends to hunt, fish, or watch football with, ya know? Maybe he didn't hunt or fish. Not everyone here hunts and fishes, but I think I read somewhere that he did??

i asked someguy some of these questions, but i never got an answer :(

Snipped and BBM: Good point Allusonz.... we certainly got alelles overload in the OJ trial.

DNA science is moving ahead exponentially, like all medical sciences and information technology. What was true in the Simpson case is definitely not true today.

The two cases that interest me the most about DNA is Jennifer Kesse, where they found a plastic glove outside her house, took the DNA, but had no match for it at that time...and the fact that in the New Orleans murder they ran DNA and had no match?

Okay, here is a scenario: What would happen if you ran DNA and the person it matched to was incarcerated? Would you decide the DNA was apparently NOT a match? or would you call the warden and say -- hey! To which the warden would reply?

C. Paul Phelps Correctional Center doe not offer a work release program... And BSL was there until September 2005. He was then transferred to Avoyelles Correctional Center, which does offer a work related program. So, apparently if he did any work release it would've been after Sept. 2005

http://www.doc.louisiana.gov/view.php?cat=3&id=16

BSL stated he attended LTC... I found some info about various programs offered to inmates at Avoyelles Correctional Center. One of the programs offered is diesel engine repair, which is what I believe he claims to have studied. Scroll down to vocational programs in the link below...

http://doc.la.gov/pages/correctional-facilities/avoyelles-correctional-center/

oh Heidi, this is good stuff. Excerpt from your link:

Vocational Programs

Seven distinct vocational programs are presently being offered by Louisiana Technical College- Avoyelles Campus at AVC. These courses offer full instruction and hands-on learning to provide the students with the knowledge to undertake a job in that particular field after the course in completed. Offenders are administered a pre-screening test (ASSET) before becoming eligible for enrollment. After successfully completing a program, the offender will receive a certificate/diploma that is valid throughout the state of Louisiana. All eligibility criteria are set by the Louisiana Technical College system.

Auto Collision Repair: This course teaches how to repair and paint automobile bodies and parts.

Engine Technology: This course teaches how to repair the mechanical parts to a vehicle and how to troubleshoot problems.

Barbering: This course teaches art of hair design as well as health and care of the scalp and face.

Culinary Arts: This course teaches how to follow recipes, prepare meals, bake, and convert measurements for adjusting recipes.

Building Technology: This course teaching a variety of entry level construction trades. Carpentry, masonry, HVAC, plumbing and electrical are all part of this program.

Diesel Engine Repair: This course teaches the mechanics of diesel engine vehicles.

Masonry: This course teaches the science of bricklaying within the residential and commercial settings and teaches the participant to bacome a masonry helper by trade. The class also teaches the knowledge of the tools used and the safety practices applied when using these tools on the job.

Youth Offender Program: This program is designed to offer course-work to first time offenders that meet certain criteria. The offenders are able to take certain entry-level college courses to help them continue their education upon reentry to society.

Obviously, BSL participated in the Diesel Power Tech Vocational Program while incarcerated at Avoyelles Correctional Center (2006-07). Do we know if he had unsupervised time as a participant in this program? I will try to find out.

From 2002 - 2003 his Linked-in page states that he was at Sowela Com College - Industrial Tech. This would have been while he was an inmate at C. Paul Phelps Correctional Center. I just confirmed (with the facility) that C Paul Phelps CC has an onsite technical course for automotive tech. BSL would not have left the correctional facility to complete this training.

where does this picture come from?

The ridge above his eyebrows is very telling. Anyone notice that broad inch high ridge above his eyebrows which stretches across his forehead? In the study of phrenology that is never a good sign.

newbie, but have been lurking for a while. this may have been discussed already, but i snipped this from the jennings muders thread. the profile is pretty interesting.

I had the honor of participating in a Q & A session with Dr. Maurice Godwin as the guest. Dr. G was called in to do a profile of the serial killer in Jennings, LA. He also worked the Baton Rouge serial killer case. This is the profile of the Jennings Serial Killer that he so kindly gave us.

Maurice Godwin -
The offender is classified as an affective/vehicle serial killer. Affective defines the level of aggression used during the crimes, while vehicle describes the way in which the killer views/treats his victims. In this examiner’s opinion the offender is unable to control his aggression resulting in sudden blitz attacks on the victims. Consequently, victims are used by the killer as a vehicle to act out his rage and anger on.

Sex Male
Age 28 34
Ethnicity – White (tan skin)
Employment unskilled (for example, truck driver, marine activities)
Education High School Drop Out
Marriage Status Single but Divorce
No military service

ARREST RECORD

The killer will have past convictions of burglary, DWI convictions, and drug convictions. These past criminal convictions do not reflect the complete criminal record of this killer. In the examiner’s opinion the killer will most likely have committed rapes and murders that have gone undetected for which no arrests have been made. The offender will continue to kill until arrested.

AGGRESSIVE BEHAVIOR

In the examiner’s opinion the killer has an explosive personality one who is impulsive, quick tempered and self centered. His social relationships are superficial and limited to drinking buddies and visiting prostitutes.

In the examiner’s opinion the killer has conflicts over his relationships with women, he often feels dependent and aggressively resistant to them. While the killer is contested by women he uses various forms of aggression to get even and degrade them. Sexually, he is frustrated and may feel impotent. He links anger with sexual competence.

In the opinion of this examiner, the murders were committed in a stylized violent outburst for the purposes of retaliation, or getting even and revenge on women. His victims were used as a vehicle to be exploited. The crimes are unplanned. The mildest reaction from the victim can lead to the murder. The crimes are emotional due to anger and often results in non-completed sexual acts.

Although the killer is in an emotional state during and after the murders he is somewhat forensically aware. For example, it is likely that the victims dumped in the water were placed there to get rid of physical evidence.

The killer is also growing more confident, which is reflected by him leaving a victim in plain view on an isolated dirt road. In this examiner’s opinion a local person would not dump a victim in areas near his home comfort zone. This would draw unnecessary attention to his area.

SHORT TERM INVESTIGATIVE CONSIDERATIONS

Detectives should interview people from companies located in or near the geographical profile predicted area. Inquires should be made to determine what type of service supplies or services would require a person to visit their company at least twice a month but only once a year. Using this acquired information investigators should obtain the names of the persons making the visits to determine if they were in Jennings on the dates any of the murders.

Detectives should interview people from the marine industry in Jennings to determine if any of their workers have an association to the geographical profile predicted area. Determine who makes periodically trips out on boats then back to Jennings. Do any of these individuals use the services of prostitutes? Determine who has made these trips during the specific dates as shown in the chart above. It is unlikely that a local man who rarely leaves Jennings would have gaps between his killings as demonstrated in these murders.

Maurice Godwin – Is that good enough?

Jan Leigh – Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

does BSL have any male friends? so far it's only women that have come forward with stories of him. where are the guys he worked with? who did he hang out with? did he go to bars? if so, which ones? Did he hunt or fish? if so, with who? did he go to football games? it's odd for a single guy in South Louisiana to not have friends to hunt, fish, or watch football with, ya know? Maybe he didn't hunt or fish. Not everyone here hunts and fishes, but I think I read somewhere that he did??

i asked someguy some of these questions, but i never got an answer :(
If the comments I saw some of the guys post that worked with him are any indication the answer would be no.

Also listed on his profile, it states he has a 32 year old relative (it lists her name) that lives in Highlands, TX.

It's actually kind of scary how much information that site has about him. And that's just in the "preview" section.

I've been told that this 'relative" is his ex. Perhaps it's been mentioned here, as well.

The ridge above his eyebrows is very telling. Anyone notice that broad inch high ridge above his eyebrows which stretches across his forehead? In the study of phrenology that is never a good sign.

in the study of phrenology, what does that imply?

In the Jessica Hawk case: "Her body was found propped up". ::what:

Apparently this girl sold flowers in the French quarter. I figure he followed her home after work....she lived not far and probably walked home.

In recollection...BSL's uncle, murdered in 1999, was also found naked and "propped up" alongside the bed.

I'm confused as to what this means? :waitasec:

people are wondering if he murdered her. the landlord saw the a man peeking in her window and the sketch is similar to BSL except for the Jawls - IMO. He has the same pouty pursed mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim