Lifestyle Changes During and After COVID 19

My hairdresser has dyed my eyebrows for years. When I was younger, they were so light they disappeared. Now they are so grey they disappeared. I've did curbside pickup at Ulta to get some highly rated eyebrow products. Stupid. I don't have the hand to make it look anything close to natural. I want to get my hair done, but even more, my eyebrows.

I used to color my lower lashes. :)

I didn't go back to my nail salon. I always got a gel manicure about every 2 1/2 weeks. I bought a lamp and the products I needed to do it myself. It paid for itself after just a couple of manicures. And I'm so happy I don't have to pay that large amount at the salon anymore.

I've had my hair done twice. I get cut , color, and style. The first time our stylist came to us and did, DD, DGS, and myself at home. It was a risk we took. I've been to the salon once and need to go again. I actually felt safer with her coming to the house during quarantine than I do going to the salon after the quarantine was lifted.

Do people still use eyebrow pencils? My mother did--she had very light eyebrows. But obviously you have to use one every time you go out.
They do. And brow powder and brow gel. But no matter what I do it looks fake, and when she dyes them, it doesn't look fake. I'm more vain than I thought lol

They do. And brow powder and brow gel. But no matter what I do it looks fake, and when she dyes them, it doesn't look fake. I'm more vain than I thought lol

I use a brush and put brown shadow on my eyebrows. I used to have my brows dyed, and eyelashes dyed, by this Scandinavian woman. She was so fantastic, and everything was meticulously sterile. I haven't found anyone since moving that I trust. Sadly.

I haven't gone since early March. Even with precautions it has a way of sneaking in IMO.

I stopped going in early March too, despite precautions being taken like elbow bumps. A week later our congregation transitioned to Zoom. It’s worked out really well.

I don't wear makeup at all any more. Once in a blue moon I slap some eyeshadow on.

Yup, the only time I wear makeup is for Zoom. And if I don’t feel like it, I leave the video off. But I usually show my face because I like to see everyone else’s, so it’s only fair. :)

And of course if I have to go out for a doctor appointment I wear it. I’ve cancelled more than I’ve gone to. The only doctors I’ve seen in person involve injections for pain...hard to do with Telemed!

This has been an opportunity to live a more simple life. It feels there were always so many voices telling me to try/do things, that really weren't that great but I had that fear of missing out or seeming boring. Now, there's nothing to miss out on, and I'm much more contented.

It's possible that by the end I really will have caught up on my list of things that somehow don't get done and I'm very reluctant to add anything new.

I'm looking forward to travelling again, but am going to be much more picky about where and what kind of trip. It'll have to be somewhere I feel is really worth going. Probably will go for things that are more exotic than my usual safe bets.

I'll get on waiting lists for all the medical tests that are recommended when people turn my age.

I didn't go back to my nail salon. I always got a gel manicure about every 2 1/2 weeks. I bought a lamp and the products I needed to do it myself. It paid for itself after just a couple of manicures. And I'm so happy I don't have to pay that large amount at the salon anymore.

I've had my hair done twice. I get cut , color, and style. The first time our stylist came to us and did, DD, DGS, and myself at home. It was a risk we took. I've been to the salon once and need to go again. I actually felt safer with her coming to the house during quarantine than I do going to the salon after the quarantine was lifted.

I started dipping mine. Never going into a nail salon again.
Spending a lot of time outside,and in the pool: seems to help. I've gone for rides with DH, and went berry picking when it was the season, but haven't been in a store in months.
I have worked from home for years- nothing changed in this area.
Good thing I love my house.
Our vacations to our favorite airbnb consist of looking at pictures from years past- they are closed.

Great thread, @Tillicum
When it is completely safe to do so, I want to see my Dad again (he is 350 miles away and as he is 84 years old, neither of us wanted to risk a visit. I miss him, even though we talk every day.).
That day trip to Paris I was planning before Covid hit? I would love to feel comfortable enough to buy the tickets. And Southern Ireland, I hope I can go back there too.
On a day to day basis, just to be able to pop into London and get a drink and a soup at Pret off Regent Street, then sit in the window and people watch for hours. And wanting to feel safe again, without stressing about, ‘have I got my mask, where’s my hand sanitiser’.
I miss the little things I took for granted.

Last edited:
I want to go spend time with my mom and brothers in Ohio. I have some medical things to catch up on too. My hair...well, I don’t know if it’s because I have made an effort to get at least 15 minutes of sun a day, or the lower stress level from working at home, but my skin and hair is looking better than it has in years and I’m in my late 50s. I might just keep my simple routine with those two areas for a change.

I don't miss almost anything.
I've been spending my time watching good old movies (and avoiding all contemporary Hollywood garbage), listening to music, using Internet.
I'm trying to see the glass half full...
Anyways I also think all this will be over someday...until a new (real or unreal I don't know) "deadly virus" will be among us :cool:

I'm a classic movie fan, too. TCM's Summer Under the Stars during the month of August is always special: I love watching multiple performances by the featured actors/actresses.

I'm a glass half-full kind of person, as well. At our age (I'm 70, DH will be 72 in October), we're not dwelling on what we can't do. We are focusing on all that we've been able to do in the 49 years that we've been married. While we haven't visited every destination on our "bucket list", we have been fortunate to have done a lot of traveling. Over the years, we've been to dozens of ballets, operas, theatre productions, hockey and baseball games, and visited many art museums. We've enjoyed fabulous dinners in fine restaurants. We have been blessed in many ways and won't dwell on what we coulda, shoulda, woulda done, or what we might not be able to do now or even in the foreseeable future. DH will retire in December, and, God willing, we will celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary next summer. We are both in very good health, our house is paid for, we have very little debt and will be able to live quite comfortably when DH retires. Like you, Waller, we don't feel that we are missing anything, and our glasses are more than half full :)

Last edited:
Before Covid I always tried to keep my house spotless all the time. I've always been that way to some degree but after visiting my in laws for the first time I was terrified they would drop by and see my home in not so perfect condition. Since Covid our visits are outdoors so I don't worry if the house is a little cluttered or a few dishes are in the sink. After almost 30 years I've learned to relax and enjoy the time we spend with each other. It took a pandemic to open my eyes. When this pandemic is over, I won't be a slob but I'll focus on enjoying the visit instead of obsessing over how clean my house is.

Before Covid I always tried to keep my house spotless all the time. I've always been that way to some degree but after visiting my in laws for the first time I was terrified they would drop by and see my home in not so perfect condition. Since Covid our visits are outdoors so I don't worry if the house is a little cluttered or a few dishes are in the sink. After almost 30 years I've learned to relax and enjoy the time we spend with each other. It took a pandemic to open my eyes. When this pandemic is over, I won't be a slob but I'll focus on enjoying the visit instead of obsessing over how clean my house is.
Goodness, that sounds exhausting! I am glad you found a happy medium so you can relax a bit more!

I miss vacations. I took some time off of work last month but it wasn't a real vacation, I guess since my office thought I was home it was ok to call. Just looking at my last trip to Idaho and wondering if I will be able to go back in 2021.

I wanted this to sound light-hearted, positive and hopeful, but, oh man .... it's really starting to kick in now....

I am a very physical person and what I miss most is touching and being close with my beloved relatives, friends and all other people I sympathize with. To hug, kiss, tab them on a knee, hit them on the shoulder, shake or hold hands, wipe away tears, making a braid, remove a speck from someone's clothes.........

I wanted this to sound light-hearted, positive and hopeful, but, oh man .... it's really starting to kick in now....

I am a very physical person and what I miss most is touching and being close with my beloved relatives, friends and all other people I sympathize with. To hug, kiss, tab them on a knee, hit them on the shoulder, shake or hold hands, wipe away tears, making a braid, remove a speck from someone's clothes.........
Yeah this day is really hard. For years we lived too far to be with family on the holidays but we moved closer 5 years ago. I thought we can handle this, we did it for years. Nope. Tears keep coming when I don't expect them. My son's family is home sick with Covid. My sister had to close down the family business until next week. My nephew is sick, home alone waiting on test results. My sister is home alone symptom free waiting and praying. Here we are 15 minutes away from all of them but we might as well be 1000 miles away. I just need to touch them! I'm thankful we can talk and text and no one's in the hospital but yeah it hurts doesn't it?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radnewal
Back