Meet & Greet for New Members #3

Hey all. I work in crisis mental health, but initially had a dream of being a forensic profiler but didn't continue on to get a Doctorate (yet). I was exploring the utility of discussing cases with GPT 4 AI, when it eventually recommended I check out this site. Until now I've not had an avenue for my passion for forensic science and constructing profiles to find new leads. I like the idea of looking outside of the box at information that may otherwise be underutilized. I've decided to look at cold missing person cases from my area and see if there's anything I could utilize the internet for. There's only a handful in my area as I live among smaller communities in the Columbia Gorge east of Portland Oregon. I've been checking out a case from 2004 that I'd love to get advice about.
Welcome to Ws @MelatoninRonin!
Taking a guess here, but by any chance is this the case you are interested in?

Started a thread anyway..

Last edited:
Hey all. I work in crisis mental health, but initially had a dream of being a forensic profiler but didn't continue on to get a Doctorate (yet). I was exploring the utility of discussing cases with GPT 4 AI, when it eventually recommended I check out this site. Until now I've not had an avenue for my passion for forensic science and constructing profiles to find new leads. I like the idea of looking outside of the box at information that may otherwise be underutilized. I've decided to look at cold missing person cases from my area and see if there's anything I could utilize the internet for. There's only a handful in my area as I live among smaller communities in the Columbia Gorge east of Portland Oregon. I've been checking out a case from 2004 that I'd love to get advice about.

Do let us know what case this is. We may have a thread. The only missing person case in the Columbia Gorge area I’ve found so far from 2004, is Kimberly Ann (no last name) from Hood River.

A further search shows her last name is Forbes.

And we do have a thread.

Last edited:
Welcome to Ws @MelatoninRonin!
Taking a guess here, but by any chance is this the case you are interested in?

Started a thread anyway..
[QUOTE="Lilibet, post: 18514247, m...ime.com/OR/The Dalles/missing-persons[/QUOTE]
A further search shows her last name is Forbes.

And we do have a thread.

Yes it is the case of Kimberly Ann Forbes. I will take a look in the thread. I just feel like there has to be someone with a similar MO out there. It is common for drifters, drug traffickers, and repeat offenders to travel up and down the interstate.

Hey there! Thanks for creating this space. I'm a crime victim from the Northeast US who's also a tiny bit of a crazy cat lady. In my spare time I tend to dive into researching history, missing persons, paranormal stuff, and cold cases. I focus on areas like Poughkeepsie/Buffalo NY, Baltimore, MD (Leakin Park), Western PA, NEPA,Ohio, and East Coast what’s one area or case that would benefit from additional research?

Good Morning all,

As introductions go this will be fairly brief. I am an ex military intelligence analyst who is currently in recovery from post traumatic stress and major depressive disorder. I have not worked in my industry for nearly 10 years.

I have found recently that my lifestyle, although a result of trauma response; has been mostly isolationist. My issue however is that living an isolated life has a bad effect on those who need mental stimulation. I decided to see if there was something online that could tap into that need and also allow me to continue to help people.

My involvement here will likely be more passive than active. However If anyone needs assistance in analysing points of interest in their investigations please dont hesitate to reach out to me.

The aspects of military intelligence that I have particular experience in are as follows:

- Counter terrorism
- Psychological Operations
- Battlefield intelligence
- Special Weapons Intelligence (including homemade explosives HME)
- Tactical investigation
- Human Intelligence analysis (I wasnt a handler)
- TQ

I am more than willing to assist anyone within the forums who require analysis on data or information that might apply to any of those fields. Otherwise my involvement here will be more passive in an effort to help analyse already existing information toward different cases. My questions toward other members will always be in earnest, and everything I do here will be edged toward the common goal of finding, detaining and charging those individuals who think its ok to detract from a loving and healthy society.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

AxeT

I am an ex military intelligence analyst who is currently in recovery from post traumatic stress and major depressive disorder.
Respectfully Snipped By Me

Thank you for your service.
Sometimes I worry that thanking a veteran with these words must seem hollow. I can’t conceive of the sacrifices that you all make, nor what your eyes have seen, not to mention the toll taken on your body. It’s something that I often ruminate on. Still, I take every opportunity to humbly say the words, and can only hope that my sincere appreciation and deep respect is recognizable and understood.
I have found recently that my lifestyle, although a result of trauma response; has been mostly isolationist. My issue however is that living an isolated life has a bad effect on those who need mental stimulation
I can absolutely relate.

I am more than willing to assist anyone within the forums who require analysis on data or information that might apply to any of those fields
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself, tell us about your experience and resulting skill set, and for your willingness to help. I hope your time spent here will have a positive impact on you as you continue to heal. Welcome to WebSleuths!

Greetings! I'm from Rochester, NY - I work with Geographical Information Systems and I'm also an illustrator by profession. I'm now a returning student; I'm currently working on my multidisciplinary studies in forensic identification and reconstruction. I am interested in working in identifying the unidentified and helping locate the missing; it's only taken me 10 years to figure out how I wanted to combine my skill set. In my spare time I research a lot, specifically cases of the missing or unidentified. An extended family member has been missing since the 80s with no closure, which drastically changed my family's dynamic. My hope is that I can contribute to the wonderful work you've all been doing and help in bringing closure to someone's life.

Welcome to WS, @LilProbingProblem!
What a cool introduction!

Respectfully Snipped By Me:
it's only taken me 10 years to figure out how I wanted to combine my skill set
Hey, 10 years isn’t that long in the grand scheme of things.;):) At least you know now, and are taking steps toward your goal!

I’m not sure how much time you’ve spent looking around here, but the unidentified forum here is vast, and there are so many awesome and dedicated members who contribute! I personally don’t have much to offer, but I’m in awe of the work that goes into trying to solve the seemingly unsolvable, and am always amazed when the cases are finally resolved.
In case you’ve not located it, here’s a link to the Unidentified forum:

Also, here’s a link to @othram’s general discussion thread, which I think you might find interesting, if you’re not already following:

An extended family member has been missing since the 80s with no closure, which drastically changed my family's dynamic
I’m sorry to hear this, but I have hope that you and yours will find your answers, yet. Maybe you’ll even play a crucial role.

I wish you well in your endeavors, and look forward to seeing your contributions around here!

Good evening all. I have just joined the forum today. I have always been fascinated by true crime stories. Sadly, I have experienced the loss of many loved ones to murder, which still remain unsolved.

Welcome to WS, @LilProbingProblem!
What a cool introduction!

Respectfully Snipped By Me:

Hey, 10 years isn’t that long in the grand scheme of things.;):) At least you know now, and are taking steps toward your goal!

I’m not sure how much time you’ve spent looking around here, but the unidentified forum here is vast, and there are so many awesome and dedicated members who contribute! I personally don’t have much to offer, but I’m in awe of the work that goes into trying to solve the seemingly unsolvable, and am always amazed when the cases are finally resolved.
In case you’ve not located it, here’s a link to the Unidentified forum:

Also, here’s a link to @othram’s general discussion thread, which I think you might find interesting, if you’re not already following:

I’m sorry to hear this, but I have hope that you and yours will find your answers, yet. Maybe you’ll even play a crucial role.

I wish you well in your endeavors, and look forward to seeing your contributions around here!
Thank you! I'm looking forward to learning from all of you :)

Hi there,
Newbie here from Alberta Canada. Mom of three teen/young adults. I’ve been disabled since 2017 and when I can, spend a lot of my time listening and watching true crime specials/pod casts. I took some criminal justice classes in University and was fascinated with the process of solving the puzzles of cases. One suggestion for the changes that came to my life unexpectedly due to my health, was to explore interests and find new hobbies. One of my relatives suggested genealogy research. I’ve enjoyed piecing some of the family history. More recently the advancements in forensic genealogy and its application to solving missing person and cold case murder cases has me wanting to do my part (no matter how small) to contribute to advancing resolution in unsolved crimes. I have just submitted my 23andMe kit at the end of December and will load up my results on all the sites that can help law enforcement and families get answer. Not sure where to start, but I’ll spend some time looking through the site and figuring out more about WS and where I can fit in.

Thanks

Hi there,
Newbie here from Alberta Canada. Mom of three teen/young adults. I’ve been disabled since 2017 and when I can, spend a lot of my time listening and watching true crime specials/pod casts. I took some criminal justice classes in University and was fascinated with the process of solving the puzzles of cases. One suggestion for the changes that came to my life unexpectedly due to my health, was to explore interests and find new hobbies. One of my relatives suggested genealogy research. I’ve enjoyed piecing some of the family history. More recently the advancements in forensic genealogy and its application to solving missing person and cold case murder cases has me wanting to do my part (no matter how small) to contribute to advancing resolution in unsolved crimes. I have just submitted my 23andMe kit at the end of December and will load up my results on all the sites that can help law enforcement and families get answer. Not sure where to start, but I’ll spend some time looking through the site and figuring out more about WS and where I can fit in.

Thanks

Welcome! I think you’ll be interested in this new collaboration that was recently announced…

Welcome! I think you’ll be interested in this new collaboration that was recently announced…

That’s great!! Thanks for sharing that with me.

I want to start researching cases, but I am lost. I reviewed the forums but it's no help. When do I start? Is there a list of cold cases to choose from? Do I have to pay a subscription fee? Is there a new case researcher guide that I can use?

Thanks for your help.
I would like to know too?
Lol
I'm researching Alex Murdaugh and I have no idea where to start!

Yo. Brand new to this site, but a not-quite-vet-but-still-pretty-experienced-internet-crime-solver. Any tips ya'll may have will be greatly appreciated. Good luck everyone:)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donwhoolery
Back