NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely...if it was all just a simple matter of MAM buying Shaniya from AD for his own ...um, use...and nobody else involved, he'd never have gone to a hotel for pete's sake. Probably not even a seedy rent-by-the-hour type one but SURELY not a nicer and comparatively expensive place like that one. He'd have took her back in the woods and had his jollies and then likely killed and left her there when he was done. The whole hotel thing just doesn't make a bit of sense w/o the involvement of at least one other party.

I've wondered about the hotel too. Why rent a hotel room if you are just going to rape and then murder a child. Why take the chance of the cameras or someone asking questions as you carry in a child with no shoes or coat on and with her knees thightly held together. Seems like he would have looked for a road into the woods or a big woodsy park. Why go so far from home?

The hotel and how nice it is reminds me of a place an older well to do man would rent in order to have sex with a child and possibly take some pictures of the rape or just of the child with no underpants on. There are so many older men who like little girls and would be willing to pay a lot of money in order to take them to a nice hotel and rape them.

I think it was Mario who murdered Shaniya though. He could have also raped her after the older man was finished with her...if there was one...and then decided he had to kill her so she couldn't tell anyone.

If there was another party involved and the rape took place at the hotel it probably wasn't hard to keep this baby quiet. Stuff a gag in her mouth or threaten that she will never see her Aunt Carrie again if she makes a noise.
In thinking about it I wonder if Shaniya died because of a gag and she couldn't breathe. I would like to see a video of them leaving the hotel. That would give us some answers. Was he carrying Shaniya wrapped in a blanket like she was asleep or was she sitting up like when they were going to the room? So many questions and no answers yet.

I can't see Mario spending the money on a nice probably fairly expensive room. It doesn't make any sense unless some old creep was involved. Also, the way that little girl was holding her knees thightly together makes me believe this had happened before and she knew what was going to happen to her. She did have her undies on when she was taken from the home but not on when she was found. I am assuming that she had them on in the elevator.

---------------
Hi All, can I please ask a question here? (we do need a Forum) I dont know where to ask! I have been watching the news on Shaniya.They had the fellows who found her body on tv. briefly.They said she was in a shirt only,no panties ~ and her body was covered with the body of a dead deer!! Now I have never heard this again.I know it was on HLN only one I watch ~ it struck me as odd,where would he get a dead carcass! this was the film taken by helicopter over the site as they spread out a white sheet.One fellow made a remark about the deer possibly covering up any odor.I know I saw it, am shocked I never heard more.Anyone else hear it or see it?

I don't recall them saying she was covered by a deer. I took it as the dead deer carcass smell would help cover the dead body smell. Such as they chose a spot where the dead deer was to dispose of the body. I will have to look for the video.

So I ask again bath her to kill her?

I don't know if he bathed her but if the poor baby had blood streaming from her, he might have tried to clean her up before exiting the hotel. Something I hate thinking about.

I've done that to Dad too...shameful to say but even stepped out of the room (my first born, son) and walked back in when it was over, grabbed him up as if I was rescuing him from those "meanies". Seven years later he's still a Mommy's boy. :dance:

I think his 'rescue' was pretty dramatic too. Mom was the hero, rescuing him from the evil villains. :crazy:

It's so hard for me to believe a mother can be an active participant in something like this. While I know it might not be rational, I'm still hoping that Shaniya's mother isn't a part of this. MAM was a boyfriend of the aunt's, I can't help but think she played a HUGE part in this.

I would give my life for any one of my children, including my bratty teen who I barely recognize and can hardly stand sometimes. My biggest fear is that one will get some life-threatening illness or end up like one of the many children we cry over here on WS.
Now that I know them, my life is nothing without them.

I didn't always like my own mother, but I know she felt the same.
How can mothers like Casey Anthony and AD even exist ?

Any word on AD's reaction when Shaniya's body was found ?

a lot of cars have GPS in them and they do track, is my understanding. You may not even know that you have GPS in your car. I'll try to find a link and post.
:waitasec: hmmmmm.(you are talking to someone that is totally impaired technologically and mechanically) LOL
I thought you program them to give you driving directions when need to know how to get somewhere.
Why would you not know you have one?

Well I am thinking it said her court appearence was right after ther announcement of finding Shaniya

It has also been mentioned or questioned if she looked drugged...I might get flamed for this remark ... but i hope she was. Anything to help it not hurt so much.

This is a mother who apparently thought it was OK to have her baby burned with cigarettes.

http://fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/19/953846

On Sunday, the search moved to Lee County based on information from McNeill.

It focused on areas along Walker Road, a popular site for dumping deer carcasses.

THANK YOU. This helps me know that it was MAM who knew where she was. I wasn't sure before who gave them the info of where to search. Here is more...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

That led to the discovery of surveillance video of Shaniya being carried by a man police have identified as McNeill. The video was time stamped 6:11 a.m.

Police have said Shaniya was alive when she left the hotel about 11/2hours later.

Early on Nov. 13 - a Friday - McNeill turned himself in to police and admitted he had taken the girl.

In an affidavit for a warrant to search McNeill's Mitsubishi Galant, investigators said McNeill told them he picked Shaniya up in front of her home and drove her to the hotel.
McNeill's confession resulted in the dismissal of the charges against Coe. McNeill was charged with first-degree kidnapping.

Davis was arrested on Nov. 14. She is charged with human trafficking, child abuse involving prostitution, filing a false police report and obstructing an investigation. Investigators are looking into allegations that Davis used her 5-year-old daughter to pay off a debt.

It focused on areas along Walker Road, a popular site for dumping deer carcasses.

I've heard this on this post several times...I don't own a GPS, but I've always thought that it gives you directions to a location, but can it also track your routes?
GPS devices are just a navigator, not a tracking device..if had entered his destinations that would have been helpfull.
I think his cell pings are what tracked his locations.

I think his 'rescue' was pretty dramatic too. Mom was the hero, rescuing him from the evil villains. :crazy:

It's so hard for me to believe a mother can be an active participant in something like this. While I know it might not be rational, I'm still hoping that Shaniya's mother isn't a part of this. MAM was a boyfriend of the aunt's, I can't help but think she played a HUGE part in this.

I would give my life for any one of my children, including my bratty teen who I barely recognize and can hardly stand sometimes. My biggest fear is that one will get some life-threatening illness or end up like one of the many children we cry over here on WS.
Now that I know them, my life is nothing without them.

I didn't always like my own mother, but I know she felt the same.
How can mothers like Casey Anthony and AD even exist ?

I think the 911 call proves she was involved. She acted hysterical in the beginning but as the dispatcher started asking more and more questions, her tone changed and it sounded like someone who was being very careful in thinking of the right thing to say before answering. It didn't sound like a worried mother at all...more of someone trying to make sure she said the right things as to not implicate herself.

I have a 7 yr old and 3 yr old....I am DREADING the teen years because I know what I probably put my mom through....I feel your frustration :banghead:

I know we can't regulate women getting pregnant, but what's so wrong with having some form of a "fit to be a mother/father" test that one has to pass before being allowed to take the child from the hospital. We have to take a test to drive a car but not be a parent.

I saw the video from AD's court appearance and her facial expressions to me almost seemed like when she was hearing the charges she had a "Ya...I understand the charges but I don't see why everyone is making such a big deal about this". It was like she had one of those "Ya...whatever...I just want to go back to my cell" kind of attitudes.

a lot of cars have GPS in them and they do track, is my understanding. You may not even know that you have GPS in your car. I'll try to find a link and post.
I know what you are talking about.

I read about two years ago, in either Time magazine or Newsweek, that almost all cars made after a certain year have a GPS tracking device installed in them, by the manufacturer. It is similar to the 'Black Box' on aircraft.

Most car owners are not aware of this, and there is some controversy among those that do that it violates privacy rights.

Well I am thinking it said her court appearence was right after ther announcement of finding Shaniya

It has also been mentioned or questioned if she looked drugged...I might get flamed for this remark ... but i hope she was. Anything to help it not hurt so much.

I was confused on the timing. I thought the hearing was before the body was found. Thanks for clearing that up.

I don't know if he bathed her but if the poor baby had blood streaming from her, he might have tried to clean her up before exiting the hotel. Something I hate thinking about.
This entire sad case is hard to think about.
Hi gitana, I thing we will not be getting the autopsy results.
Baby was under age. :(

We have a huge overpopulation deer problem here in Ohio, but I have never heard of an actual location that was 'popular' for dumping deer carcasses... What does that mean? Do city workers remove the deer off the road after they've been hit? Just wondering...

---------------
Hi All, can I please ask a question here? (we do need a Forum) I dont know where to ask! I have been watching the news on Shaniya.They had the fellows who found her body on tv. briefly.They said she was in a shirt only,no panties ~ and her body was covered with the body of a dead deer!! Now I have never heard this again.I know it was on HLN only one I watch ~ it struck me as odd,where would he get a dead carcass! this was the film taken by helicopter over the site as they spread out a white sheet.One fellow made a remark about the deer possibly covering up any odor.I know I saw it, am shocked I never heard more.Anyone else hear it or see it?
From what I have gathered that area that is thick with vegitation, is a common dumping area for dead deer that were killed in whatever manner, sometimes put in a trashbag. I seem to recall that the source said that her body was located near some deer carcasses (plural) and trash.

Hello Y'all! I'm a former lurker.

I'm local to this case. It has ripped my heart out, can't get it out of my mind.

I do not know any of the people in this case at all.

as far as the deer carcusses, I heard from a searcher, before it was on the news, that there were deer carcusses very near her. I never heard they were covering her up though??

It may be illegal to dump them but hunters around here do. it's kinda normal.

I'm not great on computers, please understand if I hit the wrong button and attatch something incorrectly.

I think the 911 call proves she was involved. She acted hysterical in the beginning but as the dispatcher started asking more and more questions, her tone changed and it sounded like someone who was being very careful in thinking of the right thing to say before answering. It didn't sound like a worried mother at all...more of someone trying to make sure she said the right things as to not implicate herself.

I have a 7 yr old and 3 yr old....I am DREADING the teen years because I know what I probably put my mom through....I feel your frustration :banghead:

I know we can't regulate women getting pregnant, but what's so wrong with having some form of a "fit to be a mother/father" test that one has to pass before being allowed to take the child from the hospital. We have to take a test to drive a car but not be a parent.

I saw the video from AD's court appearance and her facial expressions to me almost seemed like when she was hearing the charges she had a "Ya...I understand the charges but I don't see why everyone is making such a big deal about this". It was like she had one of those "Ya...whatever...I just want to go back to my cell" kind of attitudes.

Because our fitness would be based upon the opinion of the person judging it.
I was 20 and living with my mom when I had my first. I was even on welfare for a couple years and I was a victim of domestic violence. Someone who hadn't walked in my shoes might have decided that I shouldn't keep the child I carried for 9 months and then given her to someone who couldn't have loved her nearly as much. The privelege to drive is given to us by the state, the privelege to be a parent is given to us by God.
I do understand and respect where you're coming from on this though.

I noticed AD kinda clinch her jaw when she was charged with selling her child, like she really, really wanted to say something.

I also found the road, that she was dumped on. It tore my heart out looking at that makeshift memorial.

I'll never be able to understand this kind of cruelty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim