NE NE - Jessica O'Grady, 19, Omaha, 10 May 2006

I think Christopher Edwards was probably using Meth when he murdered Jessica. Sane people don't kill someone they way he killed her. I believe somebody else helped with getting rid of Jessica's body I have prayed every day that they'd find her remains. I still believe they will. God Bless You Jessica!!

I wish that Jessica would be found too. She deserves that and so does her family. I don't think that he will ever tell where he put her though.

I don't know if this little creep used drugs or not but I think there was a lot of rage in the killing. Maybe he was just furious because she was pregnant and here he had the other girlfriend pregnant too. I wonder if that other girlfriend is still waiting for him? She will have a LONG wait if she waits for him. If she is smart she won't even write to him in prison.

Murder trial, appeal move forward in the slaying of students - News

The trial of the Omaha man found guilty of murdering a sophomore Jessica O'Grady will go before an appellate court and in another UNO murder case, the trial has recently entered the discovery process.

Christopher Edwards was found guilty last March of murdering O'Grady. He was sentenced to 80 years to life for a second-degree murder charge as well as no fewer than 20 years for the use of a lethal weapon to commit a felony.

Douglas County Attorney Don Kleine said the defense had recently filed the brief on the appeal and that his office would be filing a brief with the attorney general's office in response.

"It's not unusual. Most cases get appealed," Kleine said. "They're saying there wasn't enough evidence to convict him, that the trial court errored in admitting evidence regarding DNA."

Edwards was convicted on June 15, 2007.

I wish that Jessica would be found too. She deserves that and so does her family. I don't think that he will ever tell where he put her though.

I don't know if this little creep used drugs or not but I think there was a lot of rage in the killing. Maybe he was just furious because she was pregnant and here he had the other girlfriend pregnant too. I wonder if that other girlfriend is still waiting for him? She will have a LONG wait if she waits for him. If she is smart she won't even write to him in prison.

its good they put him away, my thoughts is that his family help with getting rid of the body or body parts in city dumpsters or thrown out along the country side along the roadside in areas with steep bluffs, what a sad tragedy for this beautiful young girl. the defense team has to be a bunch of idiots to see the mattress like that and all the other blood evidence and for them to discount it for something else? seems like one fool said it was from a menstal cycle or something dumb like that. this poor girl was literally hacked to death, I wouldn't doubt that the creep swung the blade like a axe and decapitated her with the first swing. may god be with her parents and friends, I hope that these folks come to what little mind they have and tell where she is, but that would probably put them as being involved in a homocide?

its good they put him away, my thoughts is that his family help with getting rid of the body or body parts in city dumpsters or thrown out along the country side along the roadside in areas with steep bluffs, what a sad tragedy for this beautiful young girl. the defense team has to be a bunch of idiots to see the mattress like that and all the other blood evidence and for them to discount it for something else? seems like one fool said it was from a menstal cycle or something dumb like that. this poor girl was literally hacked to death, I wouldn't doubt that the creep swung the blade like a axe and decapitated her with the first swing. may god be with her parents and friends, I hope that these folks come to what little mind they have and tell where she is, but that would probably put them as being involved in a homocide?

His lawyer isn't stupid or an idiot He is actually a very smart high priced lawyer. He has won a lot of good cases. Lawyers are in the business to defend their clients not to pass judgment on them. I hope Edwards never gets out of jail. I agree with you also I am sure somebody helped him dispose of the body. I hope they find Jessica soon but I doubt they ever will. :(

His lawyer isn't stupid or an idiot He is actually a very smart high priced lawyer. He has won a lot of good cases. Lawyers are in the business to defend their clients not to pass judgment on them. I hope Edwards never gets out of jail. I agree with you also I am sure somebody helped him dispose of the body. I hope they find Jessica soon but I doubt they ever will. :(

It wasn't very smart of his attorney to try to pass the blood soaking the mattress and on the walls and ceiling as Jessica having her period. That wouldn't fly with a 10 year old. That did make a person think that the attorney wasn't to bright...kind of like of "Hollywood" Geragois.

I think that Edward's aunt, mother, and cousin all helped him get rid of Jessica. They helped him try to clean the room and dispose of broken furniture. If by chance this monster should get another trial the results will be the same. You just can't get by DNA. With so much of Jessica's blood all over the room there is no way that she could have lived.

I'll bet this little punk doesn't think he is quite so smart by now. He's probably been every tough old con's girlfriend!

I just hope and pray that this tip is for real and Jessica is finally found.

Action 3 News - Omaha, Nebraska News, Weather, and Sports | Chris Edwards Fights for Another Day in Court

He's doing time for killing his girlfriend, now Christopher Edwards may get another day in court. Nebraska's Supreme Court will hear arguments later this fall to decide if Edwards should get a new trial...

... His defense is appealing several points. The lawyers say they did not get to present evidence about Jessica's relationships with other men, including one with a convicted sex offender. The defense wonders if Jessica was pregnant with that man's child. They claim in the past, Jessica told another man she was pregnant, then miscarried by taking birth control pills. The Jury didn't get to hear about a near empty package of pills found in Jessica's abandoned car after she disappeared. The defense says that evidence would have shown a pattern.

The defense had asked for the trial to be continued saying on the eve of the trial is when it first heard about the previous relationship. The judge denied the motion.

The jury also didn't receive a special instruction about the definition of "death".. specifically since Jessica's body was never found.

Edwards' attorneys are also questioning the reliability of DNA...

Oh what a bunch of bull chit! It doesn't matter if Jessica told 10 men that she was pregnant or if she slept with every man in town. The other men didn't murder her. Their bedrooms weren't covered with Jessica's blood for pity sake. I'd like to slap the snot out of that little punk killer. I can't see him getting another trial. His judge was probably careful about the calls he made in court. The killer better get used to being in prison because I have the feeling he is going to be there for a long time.

It doesn't matter if Jessica told 10 men that she was pregnant or if she slept with every man in town. The other men didn't murder her. Their bedrooms weren't covered with Jessica's blood for pity sake.
That's exactly what I was thinking. We're going to spend HOW MUCH of taxpayer's money to give this guy another trial when this poor girl's blood was ALL OVER his bedroom??? What sense does that make??? The number of people she may or may not have slept with has no bearing on that one fact.

That's exactly what I was thinking. We're going to spend HOW MUCH of taxpayer's money to give this guy another trial when this poor girl's blood was ALL OVER his bedroom??? What sense does that make??? The number of people she may or may not have slept with has no bearing on that one fact.

I think that is exactly what his attorney will be told in court. The attorney and the monster killer are just grasping at straws.

Has anything else been developed in Jessica's case ?
confused.gif

http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/6809517.html

Here's a link to an update. It's from March of 2007. Christopher Edwards was found guilty of 2nd degree murder. Jessica's body has still not been found.

I would swear that I read either here or on In Session that this punk's attorney is trying to get him a new trial. Seems like the attorney was taking it right to the judge instead of going through the regualar channels. Seems like there was something about not knowing if she was really pregnant??? I know it was recently.

Whether Jessica was pregnant or not doesn't mean a thing. He was charged with her murder and there was plenty of evidence that he did murder her in that basement room. If she said that she was pregnant every two months or if she slept with every guy in town is all beside the point.

Does anyone else remember reading this? If so, where did it go?

I would swear that I read either here or on In Session that this punk's attorney is trying to get him a new trial. Seems like the attorney was taking it right to the judge instead of going through the regualar channels. Seems like there was something about not knowing if she was really pregnant??? I know it was recently.

Whether Jessica was pregnant or not doesn't mean a thing. He was charged with her murder and there was plenty of evidence that he did murder her in that basement room. If she said that she was pregnant every two months or if she slept with every guy in town is all beside the point.

Does anyone else remember reading this? If so, where did it go?

I live in Omaha (Papillion) and I don't recall hearing about this. I am sure the lawyer he has will try everything and anything to get him another trial etc. He is a big time good lawyer here. There was way too much evidence against this SOB. I have a feeling Edwards threw her in a dumpster or in a lake around here. She was such a nice girl I feel so sorry for her family. I pray every day that they find her body. I think his aunt should have been charged with accessory. She knows where her nephew put Jessica's body. He killed Jessica in her house. I am sure she helped him clean up all of the blood too. They also tried to cut up the mattress to put in garbage bags to dispose of it but didn't get away with it.

Omaha.com Metro/Region Section

An attorney for Christopher Edwards said the Omaha man should receive a new trial in the murder of Jessica O’Grady because DNA experts could not establish when their DNA testing machine was last calibrated, serviced or repaired...

Nebraska Supreme Court judges sharply questioned whether Edwards’ defense team could have and should have challenged those processes at trial — or even before trial.

“Your client had a chance to independently test the evidence,” Chief Justice Michael Heavican told Frost...

In written arguments, Edwards’ attorneys also suggested that the state hadn’t met its burden of proof that O’Grady had died. They pointed out that no expert could quantify how much of her blood was found or that it was enough to cause her death...

Omaha.com Metro/Region Section

An attorney for Christopher Edwards said the Omaha man should receive a new trial in the murder of Jessica O’Grady because DNA experts could not establish when their DNA testing machine was last calibrated, serviced or repaired...

Nebraska Supreme Court judges sharply questioned whether Edwards’ defense team could have and should have challenged those processes at trial — or even before trial.

“Your client had a chance to independently test the evidence,” Chief Justice Michael Heavican told Frost...

In written arguments, Edwards’ attorneys also suggested that the state hadn’t met its burden of proof that O’Grady had died. They pointed out that no expert could quantify how much of her blood was found or that it was enough to cause her death...

this defense attorney must be a freakin idiot, if I read correctly early on in this case that a mattress was soaked with blood and the room showed signs that a slaughter took place. oh maybe she cut her finger or something? maybe she was a free bleeder? the creep got what was coming to him, he doesn't deserve any defense, he slaughtered this beautiful girl and betwn him and his family they all helped clean things up.

Christopher Edward's attorney is a very high priced good lawyer. He is not stupid at all He will do anything and everything he can to try and get his client free but I doubt that is ever going to happen. Not now... not ever!! I think Edward's aunt should have been charged also. She knew exactly what happened. I pray every day that Jessica's body is found.

Christopher Edward's attorney is a very high priced good lawyer. He is not stupid at all He will do anything and everything he can to try and get his client free but I doubt that is ever going to happen. Not now... not ever!! I think Edward's aunt should have been charged also. She knew exactly what happened. I pray every day that Jessica's body is found.

I think that everyone who lived in that house should have been charged with something because they all helped him try and clean up the blood that was all over that basement bedroom. I would imagine that at least one of them helped him get rid of her body. I believe that his aunt, cousin, and stepmother were all there. I wish Jessica would be found too. This little creep makes me want to throwup. Here Jessica was pregnant and so was this guy's other girlfriend! He's just a little pipsqueak but probably thinks he is a real stud. I'll bet those older guys in prison have shown him what studs they are!!!

I think that everyone who lived in that house should have been charged with something because they all helped him try and clean up the blood that was all over that basement bedroom. I would imagine that at least one of them helped him get rid of her body. I believe that his aunt, cousin, and stepmother were all there. I wish Jessica would be found too. This little creep makes me want to throwup. Here Jessica was pregnant and so was this guy's other girlfriend! He's just a little pipsqueak but probably thinks he is a real stud. I'll bet those older guys in prison have shown him what studs they are!!!

I just read through this thread and my heart goes out to the family. Given the murder weapon and the furniture being "dismantled" to remove it from the house, I have to think they didn't find her body because it was dismembered.

I just read through this thread and my heart goes out to the family. Given the murder weapon and the furniture being "dismantled" to remove it from the house, I have to think they didn't find her body because it was dismembered.

That is what I have thought too. He bought black plastic bags which made me think that he put different parts in different bags and hit about 10-15 dumpsters. For her parent's sake I wish her body would be found but I don't really think it ever will be because of the plastic bags. Poor Jessica. I don't even want to think about what that girl must have gone through before she died. I really hope those old cons show this kid what abuse and pain is really like.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvfire1018
Back