NE NE - Regina Bos, 40, Lincoln, 17 Oct 2000

rbbm
Regina Bos still missing 18 years after vanishing in Nebraska

"On the evening of October 16, 2000, Gina finished work and headed to Duggan’s Pub in downtown Lincoln for an open mic night with her boyfriend, Michael Johnson. Her three children – two of whom were teenagers and all of whom were from her first marriage -- stayed home.

“She was so involved in music,” Michael told Dateline about Gina’s passion for singing. “She loved it. She wrote music and sang.”

That night, though, Michael said he changed his mind and decided not to go to the bar. He asked Gina to drop him off at his place, and told her he would wait up for her to be done. Michael asked Gina if she would pick him up on her way home, he told Dateline, so they could spend the night together at her house.

“She took me over to my house and drove over to the bar, which is probably only ten blocks from my house,” Michael said.

Dave Bos, Gina’s ex-husband, also happened to be at Duggan’s Pub. He told Dateline he remembers seeing her sing that night.

“She was in a real good mood,” Dave recalled. “She loved to sing in front of people.”

Dave said he and Regina chatted that night, catching up on each other’s lives. He told Dateline he left the bar alone around 10:00 or 10:30 p.m., when Gina was done singing. Dave said when he left, Gina was hanging out with other singers and friends at the bar."
"That day, Michael went to Duggan’s Pub with some of Gina’s friends, to see if anyone could tell them where Gina had gone after her performance. When they arrived at the bar, they saw Gina’s car was parked across the street. Her guitar and sheet music were in the trunk, which was slightly ajar.

Detective Sorensen told Dateline he began the investigation that afternoon by interviewing people at the bar. Witnesses told the investigator they saw Gina leave around 1:00 a.m., which was closing time. Detective Sorensen confirmed that Gina’s belongings were found in the car, but said her purse was not among those belongings."
Gina Bos
Regina Bos is described as being 5'6” tall and weighing 105 lbs. at the time of her disappearance. She has auburn hair and brown eyes. If you have information related to Gina’s disappearance, please contact the Lincoln Police Department at (402) 441-6000.

Regina Bos still missing 18 years after vanishing in Nebraska

The missing persons case of Regina Bos has been haunting the community of Lincoln, Nebraska for 19 years. She was last seen performing at an open mic night at a bar frequented by the biker community in October, 2000. There have been no traces of Ms. Bos since the night of her disappearance. If anyone in this community can can help figure out what happened, it would bring a great deal of closure to our community.

Attachments

• 57757813-9440-4F68-B8D9-19A16BB1A2D7.png
    57757813-9440-4F68-B8D9-19A16BB1A2D7.png
    322.6 KB · Views: 7
  • E9501C2B-9E70-4734-B92F-46373F3D118E.png
    E9501C2B-9E70-4734-B92F-46373F3D118E.png
    821.8 KB · Views: 6
Anyone else think she looks this reconstruction of an UID found one month later? Estimated PMI is 'weeks' and estimated height is 5'2" but limbs were not recovered as her remains had been intentionally scattered... only thing is Manorville is about a 20hr drive away. Hair is obviously different but they couldn't find hair on the remains.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Original
Original

Getting away with murder: Nebraska cold cases
Gina Bos
59725bdf5335c.image.jpg

Gina Bos disappeared near Duggan's Pub in downtown Lincoln on Oct. 17, 2000, at the end of open mic night. She put her guitar in her trunk and then vanished.

More than 100 tips have been investigated, Sgt. Ken Koziol with the Lincoln Police Department said in 2016. The high-profile case has an electronic file thousands of pages long, among the largest Koziol can remember in his then-38 years on the force.

The cold case is classified as a missing persons case, although it’s highly unlikely Bos, 40 when she disappeared, is alive. Koziol declined to detail the leads the department has chased, citing the open investigation.

Bos was a middle child in a large, close-knit family; she was waiting for a Habitat for Humanity house and had begun a new job when she vanished.

Bos’ sister, Jannel Rap, became the family’s spokeswoman early in the search. She started the Squeaky Wheel Tour, traveling the country performing and bringing attention to Gina and others who are missing in the cities she visited. She also started 411 GINA, a website with a hotline for tips about her sister’s whereabouts.

Said Koziol: “Someone knows what happened to her. Hopefully one day they will finally find it in their soul to come forward.”

Trace Evidence just released a podcast about Regina's Disappearance. Trace Evidence

This is the first I have heard about Regina's case.

Dated October 15, 2020:
Regina

Her sister will come to Lincoln this Saturday, advocating for those missing on the anniversary of Bos’ disappearance.

“There are no words for the for the level of frozen that it puts on your body. You just can’t fathom that someone would disappear,” says Jannel Rap.

Regina Bos went missing from a bar on October 17, twenty years ago. She played at an open mic night at Duggans Pub and was last seen around 1 a.m., leaving with her guitar and music.

The next day, there were no signs of Regina except her car parked across the street. In the trunk was her guitar and music but she was nowhere to be found.

“It’s been a huge hole especially for her children,” says Rap. “They didn’t have a mom. All that time we haven’t been able to share our children with her and the things that have happened in our lives.”
Rap has turned the lack of closure into motivation for helping other families with long-term missing cases, by starting the Squeaky Wheel Tour where she and other artists sing and bring awareness to those missing around the world.

“I woke up in the middle of the night and thought, ‘Just do what you already do’ and I was a singer-songwriter that toured,” says Rap. “I was a singer-songwriter that knew how to get media for my events. So I thought maybe I can do that I can’t find my own sister but maybe I can help someone else find their sister.”

“Because every day, person who knows, we wonder if we’ve looked hard enough, we wonder if we’ve done enough,” says Rap. “We wonder what else we could possibly do or if she’s suffering or we just don’t know.”

Bump for Regina.

4 Unidentified Person Exclusions
1710100729345.jpeg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member