Netflix or Amazon Prime recommendations

I wish I had Hulu because I would love to watch this:

Hulu true crime doc 'Sasquatch' investigates whether Bigfoot murdered three NorCal cannabis farmers

Directed by Joshua Rofé (“Lorena”), the Hulu series follows gonzo journalist David Holthouse as he investigates an anecdote he heard at a cannabis farm in Northern California in the 1990s. The area best known as a hotbed of cannabis cultivation has gained a reputation in popular culture as a particularly dangerous region, partially due to the Netflix series “Murder Mountain.” While the series has been criticized as sensational, its sentiments are echoed by the longtime cannabis farmers interviewed in “Sasquatch.”

Apologies if this has already been mentioned — Why Did You Kill Me? on Netflix is superb.

Synopsis:
The line between justice and revenge blurs when a devastated family uses social media to track down the people who killed 24-year-old Crystal Theobald.

Run time: 1hr 23min

Excellent series on Netflix, Challenger: The Final Flight

I’ve read and watched everything I could find over the years regarding the Challenger disaster. I had watched it live on tv, and this series is well produced and contains news reports and interviews with family members, engineers, and others.

"Mare of Eastown" on HBOmax. Outstanding. Detective Kate Winslet solves murders. Many twists and turns.

Just started watching "Only Murders in the Building." Really cute so far! And a must for WSers I would think. Three true crime junkies--including Martin Short and Steve Martin. On Hulu

I’ve been watching For All Mankind on Apple TV.

Also on Apple, CODA is one of the best movies I have seen for a long time.

Amazon Prime has a show from England called New Tricks. Its a comedy-drama about a Cold Case squad made up of older , retired cops. With Alun Armstrong and Dennis Waterman. Plenty of crazy antics. Highly recommend.

I am working my way through most of the English police dramas on Amazon Prime. I have Britbox, Acorn TV, and PBS Masterpiece Theater. Lots of Australian and UK shows that aren't available elsewhere. Some of the great American shows include Bosch and The Lincoln Lawyer if you like the Michael Connelly books. Last Tango in Halifax is one of my favorites but no murders or mystery in it.

I probably recommended the British crime shows upthread, love New Tricks, Midsomer, Broadchurch, Hinterland/The Dark, Father Brown, Murder in Paradise.

Lots of thought, generally little gore.

Hinterland is amazing -- the actors are all bilingual, the show was recotded in English and in Welsh and was broadcast in Wales in Welsh. Very cool, especially when you have Welsh ancestors.

I'm recommending "Black Bird"! It's on Apple TV! I hope it's okay to share on this thread even though it's not on Netflix nor Amazon.

Just finished the pilot episode - this is GOOD, and based on a true story.

Developed by the crime writer Dennis Lehane, a novelist recruited into TV by David Simon of ‘The Wire’, Apple TV’s ‘Black Bird’ is worth watching for reasons beyond its high-profile casting.

Come for the Ray Liotta Role in ‘Black Bird,’ Stay for the Worthwhile Drama

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilgrlbghrt