NV NV - April Rowena Schell, 49, Las Vegas, 22 Dec 1986

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score

Case File 1396DFNV
cache.php

April Rowena Schell
Missing since December 22, 1986 from Las Vegas, Clark County, Nevada.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

• [*]Date Of Birth: September 13, 1937
    [*]Age at Time of Disappearance: 49 years old
    [*]Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3"; 122 lbs.
    [*]Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; hazel eyes.
    [*]AKA: Rowena Elizabeth Carrico, Rowena Elizabeth Husk, Charlene Joyce, Peggy Silver, April Rowena Husk
  • Dentals: Not available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Schell was last seen on December 22, 1986 in Las Vegas, NV.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department
702-229-3716

Agency Case Number:
87-19280

NCIC Number:
M-228784676

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
California Department of Justice

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1396dfnv.html

The M/P contacted family out of state by phone. Advised family she was destitute. Calls to M/P went unanswered. M/P has not been seen or heard from since.

Dental information / charting is currently not available

Fingerprint information is currently not available

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/21754/

Per Familysearch:

April Rowena E Schell
marriage:
31 May 1975
Clark, Nevada, United States

April Schell
United States Public Records, 1970-2009
birth:
13 September 1937
residence:
from 1 January 1999 to 1 January 2004
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States

Rowena Elizabeth Schell
birth:
13 September 1937
residence:
from 1 July 1997 to 1 January 2004
Boise, Idaho, United States

April R Schell
residence:
1 August 1986
Boise, Idaho, United States

I don't pay much attention to time frames but I think this points to her family or some type of relationship to Idaho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think her birth name was Rowena Elizabeth Carrico. She married Robert Schell Dec 5 1958. I don't know when they divorced but he remarried in Jan 1976. She remarries in 1975 as April Rowena E Schell to Anthony F. Husk in Nevada.

I found some interesting things about her first husband. Criminal Genealogy: Robert Schell: Burglary 17 years Old

Robert as he was called, married 5 Dec 1958 to Rowena Elizabeth Carrico.

He married again 14 Jan 1976 in Clark Co., WA to Elaine Louise Steele they divorced 13 Aug 1985 in Clark Co, Nevada.

Could they have met up again, after this divorce? I'm not sure she had divorced Husk by that time.

He died in Idaho in 2013, according to the above mentioned write up. She is listed to have lived in Idaho at some time.

I think this is her second? husband's obituary.

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/lvrj/name/anthony-husk-obituary?pid=142139267

Last edited:
That would have been her third husband's obituary.

She married Schell when she was 21, so there was an earlier marriage? Maybe it's listed at Ancestry, but I don't have an account. Maybe she took on another alias and went under the radar. She would be approx. 85 today. Maybe she is already deceased and was buried under a totally different name.

I know first hand because she was my mother in law. She married my husbands Dad at 18. Last name Carrico. It's possible she took another alias as she knew how to change identity based on items we found among her belongings but the evidence found in her apartment points to murder. She was in with some pretty shady folks.
The recent body found in lake Mead had us wondering for a second but turned out to be male. I doubt we will ever know what happened.

I know first hand because she was my mother in law. She married my husbands Dad at 18. Last name Carrico. It's possible she took another alias as she knew how to change identity based on items we found among her belongings but the evidence found in her apartment points to murder. She was in with some pretty shady folks.
The recent body found in lake Mead had us wondering for a second but turned out to be male. I doubt we will ever know what happened.

Very interesting. What is her maiden name...I wonder.....I thought it was Carrico....but according to your story it's not.....Very mysterious all together....Are you willing to become a verified insider in this case?

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

I believe her maiden name was Newsom. Her mom was married 5 times and she had a different father than her sisters. Her oldest living sister is 91. There was discussion about the Idaho link. It is where we live and where she grew up. I will check out the link you posted for verification.

Last edited:
Maiden name was Newsom. Married names, Carrico, Schell and Husk. She was married to Tony Husk twice. Born in Idaho. Not sure what else I can share without being verified.

From Familysearch. It's kind of confusing. Birth date fits, also the names used. Somebody could have used/stole her identity.

1651905697987.png

Very interesting. What is her maiden name...I wonder.....I thought it was Carrico....but according to your story it's not.....Very mysterious all together....Are you willing to become a verified insider in this case?

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters
Do you have to be “verified” even if the case isn’t in current events? That’s kind of a shame. You can’t find very much information at all about this missing person.

Do you have to be “verified” even if the case isn’t in current events? That’s kind of a shame. You can’t find very much information at all about this missing person.
I guess so, but an admin. would know best. As a verified member you would have a chance to give (and spread) information that is so desperatly needed in this case.

It runs some people off. They think they can’t participate unless they do it, which just isn’t true. There isn’t any mainstream media talking about this case at all anymore. Maybe a flair or something saying they’re an unverified insider would be better.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BabyGhoul
Back