Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone had any luck with Classmates? I spent literal hours last night trying to find her, and although I found other Marcia K——s, she definitely wasn't any of them. I even found both [home town] schools (I guess there were two now merged to one), and she wasn't in them, even though someone mentioned her in the '78 yearbook. A photograph sure would offer some hope...

What did someone say about her in the yearbook? Just a shout out? I really would not be surprised if she didn't show up to picture day, seems like she was always wanting to be somewhere else

Marcia's dad looks exactly like her. Her half siblings have had their facebook pages for years and lead normal lives. DDP was not forthcoming with what they were finding like they did with Lyle and have made the discovery obvious with their language: using vague 'we Cann't say something while an investigation is pending' verbiage. They are liking/loving comments saying 'Oh my god if this is true I'm so excited!' I understand it's good to wait on principle but it feels kind of ridiculous to pretend it's not her at this point. Whatever, I guess there's no point arguing.

I think the one thing we can all agree on is that her siblings deserve to be unbothered and mourn her in peace. Hopefully everyone will respect that.

It's hard being in their shoes. Hopefully LE will allow them to release something official after all that happened on FB.

Wait, how did you get a hold of the '78 yearbook from [home town] High School? I thought that one wasn't available on classmates.com...

edit: sorry, meant to respond to annie970

Hm, since it appears the MP was 22 when she disappeared, just curious as to why would NCMEC get involved? She's not a child, though her Jane Doe case is on their site because they weren't sure of her age when found, but if they know now, I don't see why they'd waste resources (probably not saying that right, but I hope you get my meaning).

Media attention. I guess we'll see what happens. I just hope they can get a private company comparison so it doesn't take as long. I'll be shocked if family has her dental records or prints to make it go faster.

Wait, how did you get a hold of the '78 yearbook from [Home town] School? I thought that one wasn't available on classmates.com...

edit: sorry, meant to respond to annie970
It is, but not on classmates. There's another site where you can download the whole book.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

It is, but not on classmates. There's another site where you can download the whole book.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk
The Ole Main one has every copy of their year book on their website, the north one is on classmates, no record of her. Also checked Kentucky on classmates, no sign

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Marcia K—- could be fake as there are no primary sources that I can find, even on the family tree, also she is not listed in her fathers obituary but her deceased full brother is.

Also, the “cousin who was a match” also disappeared fully from Facebook.

We cannot lose hope but we can’t put all our eggs in one basket either.

If BBK married JS why do the two children from that marriage have a last name of K——? Or am I missing something?

If BBK married JS, whydo the two children from that marriage have a last name of King? Or am I missing something?
Her dad was in the Air Force and moving around, and he had separated from her mom pretty early on I believe. I think they were probably just living w her mom and might've assumed her last name

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

If BBK married JS, why do the two children from that marriage have a last name of King? Or am I missing something?

I was wondering the same thing - if JS was her dad, and BBK her mum, then how did she wind up as Marcia K—- instead of "Marcia S——“?

(I suppose we should be grateful they didn't saddle her with MBKS.)

I need to see a picture of "Marcia". This is not ringing true for me. Call me jaded.

It was short marriage between their bio parents (less than 4 yr) and may end up in ugly divorce. J—- got 4 more kids to second spouse that lasted into 55 yrs together. D—— & Marcia opted to use their stepdad's last name (K—-) after B—— marries him and he raised them to adulthood. Maybe they hate J—— for desert them, no child support, absentee dad who knows.

My own 2 stepchildren opted not to use my last name either. Everyone have good/bad terms, estranged from bio mom or dad after parents divorce, and other reasons.

I was wondering the same thing - if JS was her dad, and BBK her mum, then how did she wind up as Marcia K instead of Marcia S?

Normal circumstances both parents need to agree to name change and put it before a judge. If one parent doesn't they can file papers with court and serve other parent. His obituary does list he was predeceased by a son DK. I. Just wondering if they attended school under father's name. I believe this is legit and it is her. She looks so much like the photo of him when he was young.
Or perhaps they both changed their name to K—- themselves when they were legally emancipated.

I was wondering the same thing - if JS was her dad, and BBK her mum, then how did she wind up as "Marcia K" instead of "Marcia S”?

Normal circumstances both parents need to agree to name change and put it before a judge. If one parent doesn't they can file papers with court and serve other parent. His obituary does list he was predeceased by a son DK. I. Just wondering if they attended school under father's name. I believe this is legit and it is her. She looks so much like the photo of him when he was young.

Thinking the picture at 1:18 if you click on Memorial Video may be Marcia as a young girl?

<modsnip >

Thinking the picture at 1:18 if you click on Memorial Video may be Marcia as a young girl?

<modsnip>

It's actually his youngest daughter that he had with his second wife. She happens to bear a strong resemblance to Marcia but I was looking at Marcia's dad's Facebook photos and she had uploaded and captioned that photo 'me and dad'

Normal circumstances both parents need to agree to name change and put it before a judge. If one parent doesn't they can file papers with court and serve other parent. His obituary does list he was predeceased by a son D&#8212;&#8212; K&#8212;-. I. Just wondering if they attended school under father's name. I believe this is legit and it is her. She looks so much like the photo of him when he was young.

D&#8212;&#8212;- did go by DK in school. I found him in a [home town] yearbook. I'm guessing you all know this but he apparently died in '91. My heart aches for Marcia's mom, she lost her two kids so young. She apparently has health problems, is elderly and is not taking it well.

D&#8212;&#8212; did go by 'D&#8212;&#8212; K&#8212;-' in school. I found him in a [home town] yearbook. I'm guessing you all know this but he apparently died in '91. My heart aches for Marcia's mom, she lost her two kids so young. She apparently has health problems, is elderly and is not taking it well.

What year and was there a picture? You know it dawned on me J&#8212;- married his 2nd wife at 22 yrs old and already had D&#8212;&#8212; and Marcia. Must gave been in their teens.

What year and was there a picture? You know it dawned on J--- he married his 2nd wife at 22 yrs old and already had D---- and Marcia. Must gave been in their teens.
Pretty common at the time, especially if he was going into the military.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Wow! Lots happened since I last checked.. hoping and praying this is our girl and she will finally go home and have her name back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have access to the Who Was Buckskin Girl? Facebook page again. If you find any new updates/info out that you think should be shared, feel free to PM the page directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsRadcliffe